Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 54517
Location: 1066 Country
I think Boris could get 100 MPs, bearing in mind at least 150 are there because of him.

But I would be surprised if he did come back, even if it did bring a smile back to my face.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 19483
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
I think Boris could get 100 MPs, bearing in mind at least 150 are there because of him.

But I would be surprised if he did come back, even if it did bring a smile back to my face.



currently SUnak 83

Johnson 42

Pm4PM 21

I think it is unlikely BoJo will pick up 58 or more over the weekend so I still think it will be a straight coronation without a membership vote

_________________
lack of modern legislation is the iceberg sinking the titanic of the transport sector


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 19740
edders23 wrote:
Sussex wrote:
I think Boris could get 100 MPs, bearing in mind at least 150 are there because of him.

But I would be surprised if he did come back, even if it did bring a smile back to my face.



currently SUnak 83

Johnson 42

Pm4PM 21

I think it is unlikely BoJo will pick up 58 or more over the weekend so I still think it will be a straight coronation without a membership vote

You don't think the other 200+ Tory MPs will back either Johnson or Mordent? Johnson is returning early from his holiday, do you think he is doing this to tell people he doesn't have enough support to run? He could have done that from the Dominion Republic.

_________________
Grandad,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 54517
Location: 1066 Country
Boris will get more than a hundred.

If it goes to the membership Boris will beat Rishi.

Whether that's a good or a bad thing only time will tell.

But if we go outside the echo chambers most people live in at the moment, I think after the next election either Starmer will be PM or Boris will.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 19740
Sussex wrote:
Boris will get more than a hundred.

If it goes to the membership Boris will beat Rishi.

Whether that's a good or a bad thing only time will tell.

But if we go outside the echo chambers most people live in at the moment, I think after the next election either Starmer will be PM or Boris will.

If Boris gets over the 100 I don't think there will be a member vote. I think Rishi wont put his name forward. He wont want to come second again.

_________________
Grandad,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 4931
Location: Lincoln
grandad wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Boris will get more than a hundred.

If it goes to the membership Boris will beat Rishi.

Whether that's a good or a bad thing only time will tell.

But if we go outside the echo chambers most people live in at the moment, I think after the next election either Starmer will be PM or Boris will.

If Boris gets over the 100 I don't think there will be a member vote. I think Rishi wont put his name forward. He wont want to come second again.


And Rishi throws his hat in the ring, again.

So now we know there will be no Boris/ Rishi sweetheart deal. Will Penny be in for a pound?

_________________
Former taxi driver


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 54517
Location: 1066 Country
Anyone who thinks that Rishi will get more Tory MPs elected than Boris is quite simply wrong.

Boris might be a number of things, but no one can accuse him of being a bad electioneer.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 19483
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
Anyone who thinks that Rishi will get more Tory MPs elected than Boris is quite simply wrong.

Boris might be a number of things, but no one can accuse him of being a bad electioneer.



you are of course assuming he won't get suspended in November nor a recall made by his constituency there is a possibility he may no longer be an MP by Christmas :wink:

_________________
lack of modern legislation is the iceberg sinking the titanic of the transport sector


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 19740
edders23 wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Anyone who thinks that Rishi will get more Tory MPs elected than Boris is quite simply wrong.

Boris might be a number of things, but no one can accuse him of being a bad electioneer.



you are of course assuming he won't get suspended in November nor a recall made by his constituency there is a possibility he may no longer be an MP by Christmas :wink:

They must be putting something in the water in Stamford.

_________________
Grandad,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 19483
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Anyone who thinks that Rishi will get more Tory MPs elected than Boris is quite simply wrong.

Boris might be a number of things, but no one can accuse him of being a bad electioneer.



you are of course assuming he won't get suspended in November nor a recall made by his constituency there is a possibility he may no longer be an MP by Christmas :wink:

They must be putting something in the water in Stamford.



remember he has to go before the standards committee which might result in a suspension from the commons and if that happens his constituency can recall him triggering a by election :wink:



anyhow tis an irrelevance as we have a straight coronation of Rishi Sunak as i predicted :wink:

_________________
lack of modern legislation is the iceberg sinking the titanic of the transport sector


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 9166
edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Anyone who thinks that Rishi will get more Tory MPs elected than Boris is quite simply wrong.

Boris might be a number of things, but no one can accuse him of being a bad electioneer.



you are of course assuming he won't get suspended in November nor a recall made by his constituency there is a possibility he may no longer be an MP by Christmas :wink:

They must be putting something in the water in Stamford.



remember he has to go before the standards committee which might result in a suspension from the commons and if that happens his constituency can recall him triggering a by election :wink:



anyhow tis an irrelevance as we have a straight coronation of Rishi Sunak as i predicted :wink:


I wonder how he'll get on with King Chuckie and Camzilla ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 54517
Location: 1066 Country
Rushi has said the Tory Party needs to unite or die.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/uk- ... te-or-die/

This makes sense, but who has caused this mess?

Boris to a degree, Truss to a degree, but the biggest problem the Tory party has is its MPs. They have caused most of this mess.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: And they're off !
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 19483
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
Rushi has the Tory Party needs to unite or die.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/uk- ... te-or-die/

This makes sense, but who has caused this mess?

Boris to a degree, Truss to a degree, but the biggest problem the Tory party has is its MPs. They have caused most of this mess.



the "mess" is quite simply the MP's feeling they need to fix elections to get their favourite rather than allow a more democratic process to occur ? this has been going on ever since Cameron and Osbourne left and none of the leaders chosen has been particularly successful

it's all about money and helping your mates (party donors) out; doing what's right for the country or actually taking advice from experts is a secondary consideration

_________________
lack of modern legislation is the iceberg sinking the titanic of the transport sector


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group