Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:00 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
well what a couple of days 4 MP's resign triggering multiple by-elections with potentially another 6 to follow

So the more right leaning Johnsonites have fired the first shot with Rishi countering by banning the Johnsonite London mayoral candidate we await the next move with interest as it is rumoured the party might split apart completely with a new right wing "democratic conservative" party being formed.

I hear labour supporters are dancing for joy BUT they too have their own civil war between the left and the centre with suspensions and possibly a couple of resignations

personally I think Reform UK and the reclaim party should merge and provide a home for disillutioned tory MP's although I suspect Johnson is just doing what he can to get at Rishi and will quit politics for good with some mega bucks job offers potentially on the table. I think he will choose money over political ambition, but who can tell he's keeping his cards pretty close to his chest.

and with potentially another by-election up in scotlandshire I wonder what the record for most by-elections in a day is ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:01 pm 

well all seemed to have gone quiet but now this court ruling changes things

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66123656

The government has lost its legal challenge to prevent the Covid inquiry from seeing Boris Johnson's WhatsApps, diaries and notebooks in full.

The Cabinet Office had argued it should not have to hand over irrelevant material, but inquiry chair Baroness Hallett said it should be up to her to decide what is relevant. =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:21 pm 

Not sure Boris gives a monkeys about these messages, and has said he has no issue with them being passed to the inquiry.

I think the gov just objected as they didn't want it to pass on stuff like this as a matter of course.

As for the civil war, well all parties have folks in them that don't particularly like one another. That will never change.

One thing that will be the downfall of the Tories is that they appear to have forgotten why people voted for them last time.

And it wasn't for wishy-washy policies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:27 pm 

Quote:
And it wasn't for wishy-washy policies.

don't you mean Rishi-washy :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:03 pm 

so By election results in and voters demonstrated a dislike for Sunak and Hunt in the shires and a hatred for Knan's Ulez in the suburbs.

But there could be more by elections to follow with a few MP's potentially quitting or getting the boot before then; mainly for being far too over sexed.

and if in fighting and party conflicts don't bring about a general election it could be Jan 2025 before we get the chance to vote for a "new" same old bunch of hypocrits.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:41 pm 

A lot of tactical voting, which doesn't always follow at a general election.

But I bet the Tories are delighted that Khan is helping them no end in London with his crazy ULEZ expansion.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:07 pm 

Sussex wrote:

But I bet the Tories are delighted that Khan is helping them no end in London with his crazy ULEZ expansion.

It's NOT ulez, it's road charging because Ulez revenues are falling as more compliant vehicles hit the few remainingn streets of the capital that haven't been converted into Peditrian precincts or cycle routes. They have even advertised already for a head of the new road charging unit even though the government legislation isn't yet in place.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:24 pm 

Sussex wrote:

try driving through Bradford, they charge non local euro 6 compliant licensed vehicles for the privilege

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:00 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:

try driving through Bradford, they charge non local euro 6 compliant licensed vehicles for the privilege

drove through the outskirts of Bradford last month and emcountered a police speed camera van at 07.30 on a sunday morning ! they do seem to be keen on taxing motorists around there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:15 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Guessing there’s not too many Wolverhampton licensed vehicles working there then.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:16 pm 

edders23 wrote:

drove through the outskirts of Bradford last month and emcountered a police speed camera van at 07.30 on a sunday morning ! they do seem to be keen on taxing motorists around there.

I'm not at all bitter about a £127 fine for finding out a euro 6 vehicle which is licensed is not exempt :x

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:17 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Guessing there’s not too many Wolverhampton licensed vehicles working there then.

I bet there's a loophole for residents