Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:50 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67122669 so another MP facing a recall petition and as he's a tory you know that every labour activist in the district will be making sure that happens.

His suspension is still to be voted on in the commons but if it goes through he's a goner

Is it me or has there ever been a parliament where so many by elections have taken place ? we have another one shortly and it seems to me that more and more MP's are getting themselves into trouble.

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:14 pm 

I think it’s a case of everyone is now offended by everything and the powers that be just bottle it every time.

Some people are bad, but no more IMO than has ever been.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:20 pm 

In the meantime labour has taken another 2 seats off Rishi the yank ! You have to wonder just how long he can hang on before he is forced out to bring in someone more popular ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:36 pm 

edders23 wrote:
In the meantime labour has taken another 2 seats off Rishi the yank ! You have to wonder just how long he can hang on before he is forced out to bring in someone more popular ?

Or maybe, heaven forbid, something Tory.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:20 am 

I am contesting a local Council by election on November 2nd. There are 4 candidates. Labour, Tory, Green and me.
The seat was traditionally Tory but in May it was won by a Green and an Independent. The Green has resigned due to ill health.
This is the first time in living memory that Labour have actually put a candidate in this ward because it was always seen as a waste of time for them.
The result will be interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:23 am 

Are you standing as Monster Raving Loony or Independent?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:25 am 

Chris the Fish wrote:
Are you standing as Monster Raving Loony or Independent?

Independent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 am 

Oh dear have labour had to withdraw their support for the Rochdale candidate after anti semitic comments :roll:

It's a bit like king [edited by admin] ordering the tide to not come in. :lol:

It will be interesting to see what happens now because labour need to realise that their chase of islamic voters means they either have to become pro muslim and anti semitic as a party or grow a massive pair of balls and adopt an anti conflict policy which condemns all parties involved in all conflicts potentially alienating a few voters because you can't have it all.

I wonder if we'll end up with the first independant muslim MP in parliament followed by a dozen or more representing an islamic party at the next general election.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:35 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Oh dear have labour had to withdraw their support for the Rochdale candidate after anti semitic comments :roll:

It's a bit like king [edited by admin] ordering the tide to not come in. :lol:

It will be interesting to see what happens now because labour need to realise that their chase of islamic voters means they either have to become pro muslim and anti semitic as a party or grow a massive pair of balls and adopt an anti conflict policy which condemns all parties involved in all conflicts potentially alienating a few voters because you can't have it all.

I wonder if we'll end up with the first independant muslim MP in parliament followed by a dozen or more representing an islamic party at the next general election.
Labour may have withdrawn their support for him but I wonder what will happen if he still gets elected?
He has to still stand as a Labour candidate and if elected will be a Labour MP unless he decides to resign the whip or the Labour party withdraw the whip.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:07 pm 

and another one has been caught out :roll:

Labour has suspended a second parliamentary candidate after allegations that he made comments about Israel.

Former MP Graham Jones is also facing an investigation, the BBC understands.

It comes after Labour withdrew support for the party's candidate for the Rochdale by-election, Azhar Ali, for apparently making antisemitic remarks.

Mr Jones has been contacted for comment.

Labour had selected Mr Jones to contest his former Lancashire seat of Hyndburn in the upcoming general election.

But, on Tuesday the Guido Fawkes website published audio in which the former MP allegedly uses an expletive to refer to Israel and arguing that British people who fight in the Israel Defence Forces "should be locked up".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:59 am 

edders23 wrote:
and another one has been caught out :roll:

Labour has suspended a second parliamentary candidate after allegations that he made comments about Israel.

Former MP Graham Jones is also facing an investigation, the BBC understands.

It comes after Labour withdrew support for the party's candidate for the Rochdale by-election, Azhar Ali, for apparently making antisemitic remarks.

Mr Jones has been contacted for comment.

Labour had selected Mr Jones to contest his former Lancashire seat of Hyndburn in the upcoming general election.

But, on Tuesday the Guido Fawkes website published audio in which the former MP allegedly uses an expletive to refer to Israel and arguing that British people who fight in the Israel Defence Forces "should be locked up".

Anyone would think that Labour don't want to win the next election.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:13 pm 

grandad wrote:
I am contesting a local Council by election on November 2nd. There are 4 candidates. Labour, Tory, Green and me.
The seat was traditionally Tory but in May it was won by a Green and an Independent. The Green has resigned due to ill health.
This is the first time in living memory that Labour have actually put a candidate in this ward because it was always seen as a waste of time for them.

I forgot to give the result.
The Labour candidate won. She was the only candidate who actually lived in the village so no surprise there. However the Tories conducted a particlaly nasty campagn against me with all sorts of lies and smears. This was reported to the police and events took a really nasty turn on election day out side one of the polling stations when the Tory candidate, his agent and another activist turned up at the polling station. The leader of the Labour group asked the candidate about the lies about me on his leaflet which led to the agent and activist attacking him. Now this chap is in his 70s and walks with the aid of a stick. He did no more than give the young actvist a hard push sending him to the floor and then a right argi bargi took place. We had to restrain the agent and activist until they calmed down.
I can't believe that I had a Labour chap standing up for me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:50 pm 

grandad wrote:
grandad wrote:

The Labour candidate won. She was the only candidate who actually lived in the village so no surprise there. However the Tories conducted a particlaly nasty campagn against me with all sorts of lies and smears. This was reported to the police and events took a really nasty turn on election day out side one of the polling stations when the Tory candidate, his agent and another activist turned up at the polling station. The leader of the Labour group asked the candidate about the lies about me on his leaflet which led to the agent and activist attacking him. Now this chap is in his 70s and walks with the aid of a stick. He did no more than give the young actvist a hard push sending him to the floor and then a right argi bargi took place. We had to restrain the agent and activist until they calmed down.

respect for integrity ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:26 pm 

edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
grandad wrote:

respect for integrity ?

He is getting very friendly with the independent Councillors and myself. He has invited me out for coffee and a chat in a couple of weeks along with a couple of the ex Tory independents. Strange times indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:13 pm 

There is part of me that thinks that every local councillor should be an independent.

Then voters would have to actually read what those councillors stand for, and why they want your vote.

Rather than voters merely voting for a colour, not a person.