Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Going Dutch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 24157
Location: Twixt Heaven and Hell, but nearest Hell
A win for the right?

_________________
Of all the things ive lost, i miss my mind the most


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going Dutch
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 54517
Location: 1066 Country
wannabeeahack wrote:
A win for the right?

Another case of the Polls getting it wrong.

I wonder when they will realise that people lie.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going Dutch
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 19740
Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
A win for the right?

Another case of the Polls getting it wrong.

I wonder when they will realise that people lie.

I doubt that he will be able to form a government.
However the rise of the far right is many countries should be a warning of what is to come if policies don't change.
This is how the far right started in Germant in the 1930s and we don't seem to have learned.

_________________
Grandad,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going Dutch
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 19483
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
People are not wanting all this immigration so a vote for the hard right is going to happen across Europe until they realise that.

_________________
lack of modern legislation is the iceberg sinking the titanic of the transport sector


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going Dutch
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 19740
edders23 wrote:
People are not wanting all this immigration so a vote for the hard right is going to happen across Europe until they realise that.

I can't argue with that.

_________________
Grandad,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going Dutch
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 54517
Location: 1066 Country
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
People are not wanting all this immigration so a vote for the hard right is going to happen across Europe until they realise that.

I can't argue with that.

Not sure people are against all immigration.

Our hospitals and care industry is full of immigrants doing good jobs and our country would be f***ed without them, IMO.

However what we don't need are 10s of 1000s of young males from Africa and Asia claiming, falsely, that they are all fleeing oppression.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going Dutch
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 19483
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
People are not wanting all this immigration so a vote for the hard right is going to happen across Europe until they realise that.

I can't argue with that.

Not sure people are against all immigration.

Our hospitals and care industry is full of immigrants doing good jobs and our country would be f***ed without them, IMO.

However what we don't need are 10s of 1000s of young males from Africa and Asia claiming, falsely, that they are all fleeing oppression.


and then going home for christmas !

_________________
lack of modern legislation is the iceberg sinking the titanic of the transport sector


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going Dutch
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 19740
edders23 wrote:
Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:
People are not wanting all this immigration so a vote for the hard right is going to happen across Europe until they realise that.

I can't argue with that.

Not sure people are against all immigration.

Our hospitals and care industry is full of immigrants doing good jobs and our country would be f***ed without them, IMO.

However what we don't need are 10s of 1000s of young males from Africa and Asia claiming, falsely, that they are all fleeing oppression.


and then going home for christmas !
Interesting one that.
One of the things that has always been said is that the people coming over illegally and trying to claim asylum have never got any paperwork which makes ikt difficult to send them home because the authorities have no idea where they have come from yet you claim that they have gone home for Christmas.
How have they done that with no passport?

_________________
Grandad,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going Dutch
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 19483
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
once they've been given asylum they can easily and quickly apply for a passport :wink: or even their existing one miraculously turns up in the post

_________________
lack of modern legislation is the iceberg sinking the titanic of the transport sector


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Going Dutch
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 19740
edders23 wrote:
once they've been given asylum they can easily and quickly apply for a passport :wink: or even their existing one miraculously turns up in the post

To get a passport they have got to have already been granted assylum at least 12 months before applying for a passport.

_________________
Grandad,


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 63 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group