Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:20 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
as for the young ones they wanna shag all the time.

And?????? :shock:

it makes the private hires late

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:03 pm 
At least they would have a smile on their faces. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:01 am 
Cgull wrote:
At least they would have a smile on their faces. :D :D :D :D :D :D

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:06 am 
Anonymous wrote:
I would sooner they are went wheel-chair.
Then the deadwood could retire, and allow the fresh new blood to earn a decent living.

The implimentation of the DDA accross the country will deliver your requests, in most cases by 2020. Introduced in Phases the implimentation is to start in 2010.

Lifting restrictions, within government guidelines, should therefore see the implimentation of the DDA, unfortunatly it will not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:30 am 

Gateshead Angel wrote:
The implimentation of the DDA accross the country will deliver your requests, in most cases by 2020. Introduced in Phases the implimentation is to start in 2010.

Lifting restrictions, within government guidelines, should therefore see the implimentation of the DDA, unfortunatly it will not.

Of course the best way forward is to concentrate on standards, not pure mathematics.

Just because drivers in your manor haven't looked before they jumped, doesn't mean the rest of the country is as thick.

Or for the matter, the trade isn't as viable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:04 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Just because drivers in your manor haven't looked before they jumped, doesn't mean the rest of the country is as thick.

I accept that Sussex, of course everyone would advise to properly investigate the market before making any sort of commitment particularly financial, but people don't.
However the largest PH operator in our area is telling people that his drivers are making a good living, earning a grand a week. Unfortunatly this is not the case and drivers I know who work for this firm are there not because they are making good money but because they are making better money than anywhere else.

Its not a case of being thick Sussex its a case of being wrongly advised or listening to people like Geoff Fielding who paints pictures instead of telling the truth. Part of our action is intended to make people think about entering the trade and not as you would like people to think to stop people entering.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:18 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Sussex wrote:

I accept that Sussex, of course everyone would advise to properly investigate the market before making any sort of commitment particularly financial, but people don't.
However the largest PH operator in our area is telling people that his drivers are making a good living, earning a grand a week. Unfortunatly this is not the case and drivers I know who work for this firm are there not because they are making good money but because they are making better money than anywhere else.

Its not a case of being thick Sussex its a case of being wrongly advised or listening to people like Geoff Fielding who paints pictures instead of telling the truth. Part of our action is intended to make people think about entering the trade and not as you would like people to think to stop people entering.

B. Lucky

you are being wrongly advised it sticks out a mile, if you bought as much equipment as me you would be far more carefull with your own money.

as it is its advising other taxi drivers so it dont matter?

so you would have people buying from cab direct? on the flimsy evidence that they build taxis from sheet metal?

they are taking the [edited by admin] Mick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:57 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

Quite a common occurance. :sad:

Lets face it operators are there for the same reason as drivers, to earn money. Alas some operators are interesting in one thing only, and that's to have as many cars on as possible.

Not all, but too many.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:52 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
so you would have people buying from cab direct? on the flimsy evidence that they build taxis from sheet metal?

they are taking the [edited by admin] Mick.

I don't think that the evidence provided firstly from Cab Direct and secondly from a considerable ammount of E7 drivers is "flimsy" at all.

On the Log Book of these vehicles they are confirmed as taxis, which proves that they are purpose built and have European Type approval.

I have at no stage even suggested that the vehicles are built by Cab Direct from sheet metal, only that they construct the vehicle to the standards required to have the vehicle properly recognised by law as a taxi as it is named as such on the vehicles legal documentation.

They aren't the one's taking the [edited by admin].