Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:09 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Look stop treating people like fools.

Why don't you put your name to a post you obviously feels has greater signifigance than mine.

I was asked a question and I gave an answer, now come on here with evidence to dis-prove my statements and put your name to it, or shut the flip up.

B. Lucky :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:55 pm 

Talking of numbers of drivers that went to the London rally.

A couple of lads who went, said that there was about 200 at the rally.

Yet the lad who was doing the T&G stewarding said it was a 1000.

I look forward to the front-page of Cab Trade News that's states that '20,000 drivers stop OFT'. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:58 pm 

Hopefully this is the last of the iffy topics. :(

Computers, don't you just love them. :shock:

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:03 pm 

Sussex Man wrote:

I look forward to the front-page of Cab Trade News that's states that '20,000 drivers stop OFT'. :wink:

with the scottish govt statement today and the lack of an english one, could the whole thing now be getting further consideration due to the demo's?

bearing in mind how much in favour of the status quo the scots were, perhaps the english minds have been changed from status quo to delimitation.

regards

captain cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:11 pm 

captain cab wrote:
with the scottish govt statement today and the lack of an english one, could the whole thing now be getting further consideration due to the demo's?

I doubt the rally did anything, bar made a few people feel important.

I think that the Gov will do what they always wanted to, and it seems that we now have to wait for another week, to see if I'm right, or the others are wrong. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:07 am 
Hundreds of thousands of ppl marched against the war in Iraq, it made sod all difference.

Two hundred cabbies should do it :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:02 am 
Sussex Man wrote:

Try 400 Suspect the drivers that passed through might have been 1,000. YOu are 1 sad man aren't you, sad and bitter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:12 am 

Nidge wrote:
Try 400 Suspect the drivers that passed through might have been 1,000. YOu are 1 sad man aren't you, sad and bitter.

Well the 200 was mentioned as by your new found buddy on the London forum, so please take it up with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:38 am 
SM, numbers attending the London "rally" are no where near as important as the numbers attending the local ones. Money is particularly tight at the moment and if you couple at least one day off work with the expense of travelling to London you would find that, to the majority of H/C drivers travelling down there wasn't even an option.

The ammount of people attending our part of the day of action was a clear indication to our local council that the whole trade was united, we even had P/H drivers joining up with the H/C trade to complain about such local government policies.

You claim the local events made people feel full of importance, well I feel sorry for those people, for me, I found it very humbling.

B. Lucky :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:10 am 

Anonymous wrote:
SM, numbers attending the London "rally" are no where near as important as the numbers attending the local ones. Money is particularly tight at the moment and if you couple at least one day off work with the expense of travelling to London you would find that, to the majority of H/C drivers travelling down there wasn't even an option.

Why are you telling me this?

Or are you scared of telling that to the busman?

As I said, I couldn't care less how many turned up.

It's just that two said 200, one has said 400, the steward said 1000, and no-doubt CTN will say thousands. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:55 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Arthur Scargill wrote:

Well the 200 was mentioned as by your new found buddy on the London forum, so please take it up with him.

Who's that then??? You make your own figures up sussex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:26 pm 

Arthur Scargill wrote:
Who's that then??? You make your own figures up sussex.

Your mate said it on the 6th of the 3rd.

Don't you read his e-mails? :shock:

And exactly how many can you count in the pictures, or were they all behind the camera. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:04 pm 
Andy7 wrote:
One point I would make, if we are ever to recieve other such excellence, is numbered paragraphs.

Thanks Andy7. Good point about the paragraph numbering - it was considered, but thought it might look a bit officious, if that's the right word.

Andy7 wrote:
And, as I consider myself a "poster" on this site, why was no mention of our De-limited Council area not made? Surely we could have been mentioned as an area where delimitation works well

Yes, if you tell us the name of your council it will be included in the next version :)

But despite what some say, there is plenty of evidence that de-limitation works well, after all most LAs and the numerically largest single area in the country are unrestricted.

But your area does provide evidence on a further related point, namely that a large PH sector isn't required to service pre-booked work. Areas like your own were alluded to on page 11 of the document in para (whatever!!):

"But the scenario of negligible PHV provision in Dundee is certainly demonstrated in many smaller towns with no disincentive to entering the taxi sector, but larger urban areas without quantity or quality barriers to entering the taxi trade are rare."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:52 pm 

I was going to go to the London rally, but, as I had not done the knowledge, I couldn't find my way around London in order to join in.

And Guest TDO, you know what Town I refer to. You once told me all about it on another site. :wink:

PS. Anyone know who the best Insurance broker is, who actually knows something about the cab trade, and holds the full range of agencies?

(The link is bizarre, but it is there nonetheless).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:38 am 
Guest wrote:
If you cannot take constructive criticism from a different angle then what was expected then that is your own personal failing. Were you expecting, or indeed relishing long drawn out protracted arguments? Which is quite typical of the legal profession.

I wonder if the Govt will stoop to the 'personal failing' argument if they knock back de-restriction later today.

:D :D :D