Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:04 pm 
The OFT report says that there are nearly two and a half thousand on the waiting lists in only the SEVEN locations they list.

Someone else who clearly hasn't read the report.

Post subject: Re: O.f.t Report
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:05 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Fair to assume that every council, even the rural areas or small towns, have the same size waiting list as a major city?

Now did I say that? :?

I said that it wouldn't be that surprising if there was at least 1000+ drivers on the taxi waiting lists on the other 100 or so council that restrict.

In other words an average of 10 per district. Which is far below what I belive to be the right amount.

So back to the point;
I, and thousands of others, have waited quite a while, so if it takes another year or so, then it will give us something to look forward too. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:12 am 
sussex , why don't you go find yourself a p/h site and bore the arses off your own kind.... i've only been reading this site for a couple of days .... and jesus p/h driver... don't you just love to see your name alongside all us proper TAXI drivers ... do you know what the definition of a "TAXI " is..... this is a TAXI DRIVER site .... DOH !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:12 am 
Liverpool cabbie wrote:
sussex , why don't you go find yourself a p/h site and bore the arses off your own kind.... i've only been reading this site for a couple of days .... and jesus p/h driver... don't you just love to see your name alongside all us proper TAXI drivers ... do you know what the definition of a "TAXI " is..... this is a TAXI DRIVER site .... DOH !!!

Well said :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:05 am 

Liverpool cabbie wrote:

Clearly you missed, or perhaps ignored the bit from the Home Office, that said that PHs are 'Taxi Drivers'. :D

Still it's nice to hear your views on the name and the occupations of those on TDO.

We might even hear one day, your views on the trade. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:58 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

oooooooo
gone up in the world have we?
we are TDO NOW!
HOW bloody presumptious.

Please explain what you mean by presumptious.

Since you clearly seem to know nothing about the adminstration of this website, it is you who is being presumptious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:48 pm 
TDO wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

oooooooo
gone up in the world have we?
we are TDO NOW!
HOW bloody presumptious.

Please explain what you mean by presumptious.

Since you clearly seem to know nothing about the adminstration of this website, it is you who is being presumptious.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HAVE i HIT A raw nerve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:32 am 
Err, no.

You made a prima facie nonsensical post and I asked you to explain it, but you couldn't.

Simple, innit :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:17 am 
TDO wrote:
Err, no.

You made a prima facie nonsensical post and I asked you to explain it, but you couldn't.

Simple, innit :D

legal term eh?
explain in laymans terms what you mean by prima facie though I think you mean prima facia,

cos that posting and yours was self evident. :lol: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: