Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: HELP
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:14 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
[you may lambast the standing committee all you want, and come out with mouthy words, the fact though is that despite it being government policy to remove restrictions, as witnessed by promises in regulatory reform they didnt.

please spare us from the bollox.

Geoff

Well the Govt aren't compulsorily de-limiting now, but its response made its opposition to quotas clear, and it strongly recommended that LAs de-limit.

Thus it's presumably safe to assume that the Select Comm's report wasn't afforded much weight by the Govt.

In any case, I can't see how the Govt's response was really relevant to substantive points made about the Select Comm, and charachterising these points as 'mouthy words' and 'bollox' doesn't really counter these points in any substantive way.

As regards legislating on the point, this was presumably precluded for political reasons, and again not because of the substatntive issues.

I always thought you had more political nous than most, but maybe not :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:07 pm 
TDO wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
[you may lambast the standing committee all you want, and come out with mouthy words, the fact though is that despite it being government policy to remove restrictions, as witnessed by promises in regulatory reform they didnt.

please spare us from the bollox.

Geoff

Well the Govt aren't compulsorily de-limiting now, but its response made its opposition to quotas clear, and it strongly recommended that LAs de-limit.

Thus it's presumably safe to assume that the Select Comm's report wasn't afforded much weight by the Govt.

In any case, I can't see how the Govt's response was really relevant to substantive points made about the Select Comm, and charachterising these points as 'mouthy words' and 'bollox' doesn't really counter these points in any substantive way.

As regards legislating on the point, this was presumably precluded for political reasons, and again not because of the substatntive issues.

I always thought you had more political nous than most, but maybe not :)

listen,
I am getting [edited by admin] off with the government [edited by admin] about with words, the be all things to all men.

lets get this straight they had a policy and they bucked it, dont give me the fancy paraphrases.

and the standing committee had no weight? who the hell did then ?

Brighton taxi drivers? the T andG? who?

because they had a report, a policy, both in line and they allow something else?

what you said is bollox, what the minister said was bollox (and I have told him so) what the government has done is bollox.

if we cannot plan with the knowledge of government intent how can we plan for the future of our trade?

we are sunk!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:26 am 

Anonymous wrote:
if we cannot plan with the knowledge of government intent how can we plan for the future of our trade?

we are sunk!

I think the sensible ones amongst us know what will happen in a few years time.

A quota free cab trade will happen, it's just a shame that the gov didn't have the balls to do it straight away. :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:20 am 
Sussex wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

we are sunk!

A quota free cab trade will happen, it's just a shame that the gov didn't have the balls to do it straight away. :(

a few years is not good enough the trade will be extinct by 2015
proper planning is required not a trail of bankrupcys.

as I said we are sunk by this appauling mess.