Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:08 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
£17,000 +,I think in this day and age,the figure shown is not excessive,to start your own business.
I would think that any bank when presented with a half decent business plan,would give the person help.

Yes but is it a risk or a gamble? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Every single new business venture is BOTH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:19 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Maybe soon Gateshead will match those standards, new brooms sweep clean, and pretty soon we should all see those benefits.

What's that someone keeps on about dreaming the dream? :roll:

Ok then, our new LO decided to check insurance policies on a random number of licensee's know to pay their insurance premiums weekly. The terms and conditions clearly state that a current POLICY DOCUMENT must be presented immediatly following renewal. 10 drivers had failed to fulfil this obligation, 8 of those later provided the documentation the other 2 have not and have seen their licenses suspended, 1 case has been reported to the Police. He let me know of these findings and of his intention to immediatly suspend anyone who hadn't produced up to date documentation, we spread the word at he was inundated with people bringing their records up to date, 2 people actually walked into the council with their plates as they couldn't provide current insurance.

Just one example, SM, we are working with our council to improve standards, its the ONLY way forward.

I'm sure your as gobsmacked as I was SM, but it proves how financial hardship can have an effect on some people, and if some are willing to risk driving with no insurance they deserve no place in our industry.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:19 am 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Maybe soon Gateshead will match those standards, new brooms sweep clean, and pretty soon we should all see those benefits.

What's that someone keeps on about dreaming the dream? :roll:

Ok then, our new LO decided to check insurance policies on a random number of licensee's know to pay their insurance premiums weekly. The terms and conditions clearly state that a current POLICY DOCUMENT must be presented immediatly following renewal. 10 drivers had failed to fulfil this obligation, 8 of those later provided the documentation the other 2 have not and have seen their licenses suspended, 1 case has been reported to the Police. He let me know of these findings and of his intention to immediatly suspend anyone who hadn't produced up to date documentation, we spread the word at he was inundated with people bringing their records up to date, 2 people actually walked into the council with their plates as they couldn't provide current insurance.

Just one example, SM, we are working with our council to improve standards, its the ONLY way forward.

I'm sure your as gobsmacked as I was SM, but it proves how financial hardship can have an effect on some people, and if some are willing to risk driving with no insurance they deserve no place in our industry.

B. Lucky

thats very bad news so you are not only back in the trade but leading it again? very bad news for Gateshead

and doing great things we can see!

most authorities insist on insurance regularly Mick you are still in the dark age.

have you got a seperate licensing account as required by law?

or havent we got to being on track with basic law yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:16 am 
Sussex wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
£17,000 +,I think in this day and age,the figure shown is not excessive,to start your own business.
I would think that any bank when presented with a half decent business plan,would give the person help.

Yes but is it a risk or a gamble? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Both, We were in Cardiff on the 31st of May and had a few taxis around the City, plates are fetching £17,000-£20,000. They have a mixture saloons and WAVS. Get this one, a taxi from Cardiff to Newport £35.00 10 miles down the road :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:40 am 
Anonymous wrote:
thats very bad news so you are not only back in the trade but leading it again? very bad news for Gateshead

most authorities insist on insurance regularly Mick you are still in the dark age.

Actually Geoff Fielding of Wharfdale Taxis, I never left the trade (and still have no idea who this Mick is to whom you continually refer) I merely lessened my involvement on the driving side.

Bad news for Gateshead you recon, well I would say bad news for the bad drivers in Gateshead, spearheaded by our new LO doing the job right, not by myself. I'm sure you'd agree that his work is a step in the right direction.

Our Authority does insist on insurance on a regular basis Geoff, but it wasn't previously enforced properly, one of many reasons we find our trade in such a bad way.

Which law insists on a "licensing account" cause I've searched and searched and can't find it anywhere. Could it be that you just came accross such a thing during one of your dreams, or could it be, as normal, your passing wrong information in an attempt to appear knowledgeable.

Your personal vendetta against this Mick bloke is getting quite boring, he kicked you off his site cause you broke the rules of membership, rules that you agreed to follow when you became a member. You can't argue, you have no right of access to any site, membership is at the discretion of the site owner/s and if you don't like the terms then don't join.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:59 pm 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Actually Geoff Fielding of Wharfdale Taxis, I never left the trade (and still have no idea who this Mick is to whom you continually refer) I merely lessened my involvement on the driving side.

Bad news for Gateshead you recon, well I would say bad news for the bad drivers in Gateshead, spearheaded by our new LO doing the job right, not by myself. I'm sure you'd agree that his work is a step in the right direction.

Our Authority does insist on insurance on a regular basis Geoff, but it wasn't previously enforced properly, one of many reasons we find our trade in such a bad way.

Which law insists on a "licensing account" cause I've searched and searched and can't find it anywhere. Could it be that you just came accross such a thing during one of your dreams, or could it be, as normal, your passing wrong information in an attempt to appear knowledgeable.

Your personal vendetta against this Mick bloke is getting quite boring, he kicked you off his site cause you broke the rules of membership, rules that you agreed to follow when you became a member. You can't argue, you have no right of access to any site, membership is at the discretion of the site owner/s and if you don't like the terms then don't join.

B. Lucky

you wont find it in the Beano!

where exactly have you searched?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:50 pm 
Anonymous wrote:

Nah, don't read the Beano or any other comics, but if thats where you get your information it explains why no-one else can quantify your statements.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:59 am 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Nah, don't read the Beano or any other comics, but if thats where you get your information it explains why no-one else can quantify your statements.

B. Lucky

why do you have the nausiating habbit of speaking on behalf of everybody?

less than half aggree with you and those are bullied into doing so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:41 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

B. Lucky

Where do I suggest that I "speak on behalf of everybody" you sorry little man.

Normally when people quote law they quote the relevant law so that their quote can be checked by anyone wishing to question. You don't because you know that its nearly impossible to question your statements without knowledge of from which law you are quoting. Solicitors like SM :roll: have a better chance, but I'm just a taxi driver not a legal expert.

Where do you suggest that "less than half agree" with me, please quantify your statement and explain how I bully those that you believe agree with me.

You really are very sad, maybe its time you were ignored.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:45 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

B. Lucky

Where do I suggest that I "speak on behalf of everybody" you sorry little man.

Normally when people quote law they quote the relevant law so that their quote can be checked by anyone wishing to question. You don't because you know that its nearly impossible to question your statements without knowledge of from which law you are quoting. Solicitors like SM :roll: have a better chance, but I'm just a taxi driver not a legal expert.

Where do you suggest that "less than half agree" with me, please quantify your statement and explain how I bully those that you believe agree with me.

You really are very sad, maybe its time you were ignored.

B. Lucky

"no one else can quantify your statements"
isnt speaking on behalf of everybody?

come come

bullying Mick you are known for it! barring, threatning, the lot

then crawling under your little stone "I have left the trade"

if only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:21 am 
Yorkie wrote:

come come

if only.

Come come now Geoff, suggesting that no-one else quantifies YOUR statements clearly shows that the statements you make are your own ideals or interpretation of Laws and by me questioning them during a debate between only us two hardly involves me making statements on behalf of anyone else.

Still you provide me with no credible source, so your statement should be discounted as your own interpretation.

With regard to your statement about infamous bullying, I can't get to grips with that at all. With regard the barring from T&PH you broke the rules and your membership was terminated, its just as simple as that. If you think you have a devine right to membership of any organisation then you are deranged mate. T&PH is a private members site, membership is at the discretion of the site owners and conduct is controled through rules. You agreed to those rules when you joined, and when you knowingly broke them you should have accepted that your membership would be questioned, enough warnings were given.

Lastly, on your point about me leaving the trade or crawling back under my little stone, all I can say is that I agreed to represent the local branch of the T&G for 12 months in Feb this year. When I knew I would be going out of the business I called a meeting to inform the members and other supporters, THEY asked me to stay on and finish the job I had started a task I was willing to undertake.

Unlike YOU Geoff I have principles and feel a responsibility towards fullfilling a task, for all your constant ramblings we have achieved a great deal, massive changes are iminent mate, 3 meetings this week will see Gateshead Taxi Policy change for the benefit of the driver, the public and the council. You produce nothing but hot air or anything that will benefit others unless you benefit more, you are a typical PH operator parasite who complains about HC plate values and HC plateholders exploiting drivers yet charge their own drivers extortionate rates for effectively working as an employee.

You really need to get a grip, quote your sources or don't quote Law, and just accept the fact you were wrong on T&PH.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:17 pm 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Yorkie wrote:

come come

if only.

Come come now Geoff, suggesting that no-one else quantifies YOUR statements clearly shows that the statements you make are your own ideals or interpretation of Laws and by me questioning them during a debate between only us two hardly involves me making statements on behalf of anyone else.

Still you provide me with no credible source, so your statement should be discounted as your own interpretation.

With regard to your statement about infamous bullying, I can't get to grips with that at all. With regard the barring from T&PH you broke the rules and your membership was terminated, its just as simple as that. If you think you have a devine right to membership of any organisation then you are deranged mate. T&PH is a private members site, membership is at the discretion of the site owners and conduct is controled through rules. You agreed to those rules when you joined, and when you knowingly broke them you should have accepted that your membership would be questioned, enough warnings were given.

Lastly, on your point about me leaving the trade or crawling back under my little stone, all I can say is that I agreed to represent the local branch of the T&G for 12 months in Feb this year. When I knew I would be going out of the business I called a meeting to inform the members and other supporters, THEY asked me to stay on and finish the job I had started a task I was willing to undertake.

Unlike YOU Geoff I have principles and feel a responsibility towards fullfilling a task, for all your constant ramblings we have achieved a great deal, massive changes are iminent mate, 3 meetings this week will see Gateshead Taxi Policy change for the benefit of the driver, the public and the council. You produce nothing but hot air or anything that will benefit others unless you benefit more, you are a typical PH operator parasite who complains about HC plate values and HC plateholders exploiting drivers yet charge their own drivers extortionate rates for effectively working as an employee.

You really need to get a grip, quote your sources or don't quote Law, and just accept the fact you were wrong on T&PH.

B. Lucky

Fact
I am not a private hire opperator.
I neither own nor control any private hire cars.

lies repeated dont make the truth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:57 am 
All I can say is I know what I know, you know I know what I know and I know that you know I know what I know.

Obviously you understand that a lie repeated ofted doesn't make that lie true, you should know, your the biggest offender.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:32 pm 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
All I can say is I know what I know, you know I know what I know and I know that you know I know what I know.

Obviously you understand that a lie repeated ofted doesn't make that lie true, you should know, your the biggest offender.

B. Lucky

Mick

you know [edited by admin] all

thats why Gateshead is in such a mess!

your mate HAS NEVER SEEN ME IN A PRIVATE HIRE CAR

as usual hes wrong again.

what I do know is you know nothing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:21 pm 
Yorkie wrote:
Mick

you know bleep all

thats why Gateshead is in such a mess!

your mate HAS NEVER SEEN ME IN A PRIVATE HIRE CAR

as usual hes wrong again.

what I do know is you know nothing!

Thats again an asumption on your part, and I might add a completely inaccurate one.

I inherited problems, the previous association allowed the council and PH operators to dictate what happened in the HC trade.

In due course we will see major changes in Gateshead, I am unable to report fully on exactly what we will achieve but I can assure you they will shock you. We expect to see our council issue a temporary suspension order on the issuance of new HC vehicle licenses within this month. We expect to see proper provision for both HC and PH within prominent positions at the Metrocentre. We expect to see a review of current provision. We have finalised access to bus lanes. We have unified the HC trade and included a increasing proportion of PH drivers. We have not allowed ourselves to be influenced by anyone other than our members.

Now I may know nothing Mr Fielding, but I know enough to get things done for the people I represent without taking anything from them, something that is completely alien to parasites such as you.

B. Lucky

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next