Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:53 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
What, you mean I'm no-longer a solicitor? :wink:

Whether I want to make an extra tenner, or if I need to make an extra tenner, is my decision, nobody else's.

However if I do get my plate, I will do exactly what I want to do with it, as does the existing taxi trade, and as will everyone who benefits by the ending of the quotas.

It's called being self-employed, and your own boss. :D

So if you do EXACTLY the same with your plate as the current H/C trade does with theirs where is the benefit to the consumer, why ride along on the back of a report where the sole intention is to examine whether the PUBLIC suffer because of qantative controls, they couldn't give a monkeys toss about anyone currently in the trade.

This is why issues get clouded SM, and your paper, I say this cause you own TDO along with Dusty Bin, just adds more confusion to the issues raised with your sole intent to get a plate for free when others have had to work dam hard to get one.

Now stop hiding behind so many personas, just come out and tell everyone who you are and what your all about, instead of being childish about letting people know who you are, there is absolutely no need for it AT ALL.

B. Lucky :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:04 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
[Now stop hiding behind so many personas, just come out and tell everyone who you are and what your all about, instead of being childish about letting people know who you are, there is absolutely no need for it AT ALL.

What's that about personas, Mr GUEST :)

Lots of people post on here under personas, like Gateshead Angel, for example. This is allowed because the forum is intended to encourage free speech, not the ageneda dictated by the bully boys in the trade.

You seem to be the same person who CLAIMED that his vehicle was burnt out because he dared to speak his mind on another forum. Also the same person who was bleating to this forum that his name was appearing next to messages that he posted on here, a name that that person himself had entered into the system.

You have to laugh - no wonder the REAL issues seem clouded to you, Mr GUEST!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:18 pm 
TDO wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
[Now stop hiding behind so many personas, just come out and tell everyone who you are and what your all about, instead of being childish about letting people know who you are, there is absolutely no need for it AT ALL.

Lots of people post on here under personas, like Gateshead Angel, for example. This is allowed because the forum is intended to encourage free speech, not the ageneda dictated by the bully boys in the trade.

You seem to be the same person who CLAIMED that his vehicle was burnt out because he dared to speak his mind on another forum. Also the same person who was bleating to this forum that his name was appearing next to messages that he posted on here, a name that that person himself had entered into the system.

You have to laugh - no wonder the REAL issues seem clouded to you, Mr GUEST!! :D

It might have intended to have free speach, but alas you got tainted on that one, as soon as Stewart from Diplomat arived on scene you allowed him to advertise, insult people on the forum, and bully people telling the truth about his company.

at the very same time people were rubbishing cab direct, Diplomat were getting administrators to remove postings that may offend diplomat

shoddy, free speach?

no free speach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:23 pm 
You're confusing free speech with potentialy defamatory comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:27 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
So if you do EXACTLY the same with your plate as the current H/C trade does with theirs where is the benefit to the consumer, why ride along on the back of a report where the sole intention is to examine whether the PUBLIC suffer because of qantative controls, they couldn't give a monkeys toss about anyone currently in the trade.

You fail to take any notice, as does the current survey method, of the hailing custom.

If I'm on my way back as a PH, I must drive past the flaggers, if I'm on my way back as a taxi, I can pick them up legally.

Now if you are a punter, are you best served by a licensed vehicle ignoring you? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:31 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
This is why issues get clouded SM, and your paper, I say this cause you own TDO along with Dusty Bin, just adds more confusion to the issues raised with your sole intent to get a plate for free when others have had to work dam hard to get one.

You forget that the prime author of M&R got his plate for nothing, as do the majority of the country, including your manor, Nigel's manor, London Site Andy's manor and Claude's manor.

I just can't work out why you object to be having the same opportunity. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:34 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Now stop hiding behind so many personas, just come out and tell everyone who you are and what your all about, instead of being childish about letting people know who you are, there is absolutely no need for it AT ALL.

Spoken like a true Mr Guest. :shock:

Do as I say, not as I do. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:09 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

You forget that the prime author of M&R got his plate for nothing, as do the majority of the country, including your manor, Nigel's manor, London Andy's manor and Claude's manor.

I just can't work out why you object to be having the same opportunity. :shock:

I didn't get my plate for nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:22 pm 

Arthur Scargill wrote:
I didn't get my plate for nothing.

Nigel, if I got my Mansfield knowledge tomorrow, and licensed a WAV, I could be out picking up straight away.

Without paying up to £40,000 for the plate.

Right or wrong. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:20 pm 
Right, youth but I didn't get mine for free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:38 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Spoken like a true Mr Guest. :shock:

Do as I say, not as I do. :?

Hang on a second here Mr I don't want anyone to know who I am cause if they knew they might not like me anymore.

I'm only doing what you do, you are my mentor when it comes to making up names so I follow your fine example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:41 pm 
TDO wrote:

My signature remains constant as does my style, only people with very little upstairs would not know it was me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:43 pm 
TDO wrote:
You seem to be the same person who CLAIMED that his vehicle was burnt out because he dared to speak his mind on another forum.

Very dangerous statement to make that mind, maybe i'll contact your hosting company for the details I require.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:30 pm 

Arthur Scargill wrote:
Right, youth but I didn't get mine for free.

I'm not that concerned about the price you paid to jump the waiting list, just the fact that plates are now available for free in your manor, the Angels manor, Andy from the holy cities manor, and Claude' good old smoke, as well as the majority of the rest of the country.

So what is wrong we me and the other lads, having the same opportunity?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:32 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
I'm only doing what you do, you are my mentor when it comes to making up names so I follow your fine example.

No, you are not doing the same as me, because I'm not bellyaching about anonymity, whereas you never stop.

I was just pointing out your 'don't do as I do, do as I say' hypocrisy.

Yet again. :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next