Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:01 pm 
Sussex wrote:
You could well be right, it's just that I believe it's down to individuals to decide for themselves.

If they think it's too expensive, then it's too expensive. If they don't, then they don't.

But even if the quotas remain its down to individuals to decide.

I have never heard anyone come on here and say I've got the money for a plate but can't find anyone to sell me one, quite the opposite in fact, so to say "if its too expensive, then its too expensive" completely contradicts your argument against people paying for plates.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:07 pm 
Sussex wrote:
I dislike people who take out of the trade, without putting anything into it, on the back of quotas.

So its OK to take out of the trade without putting anything in areas where the councils have deregulated, but in areas where quotas are retained in wrong?

Whats wrong SM is anyone leeching on the working man, in our industry we should be looking for ways to get rid of them mate, not look to introduce policy under which they will prosper.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:10 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Now that is a great case for de-limitation on the basis of saloon vehicles, not a case for quotas.

What about the DDA though SM, and the European Objective to have ALL public service vehicles accessible to all.

Walk forward slower mate, crawl before you walk, consider other implications not just your own quest to obtain a plate.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:15 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
But even if the quotas remain its down to individuals to decide.

What if no-one wants to sell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:48 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Which just shows what the minister knows.

The thing is SM, that it is to the Minister that councils must report!!

I also would like to point out that I support standards fully, what I don't support is your conclusion that paying £30k+ for a WAV is OK but paying £30k for a plate is not when it comes to entering the trade.

Maybe your lucky and can obtain the finance to buy a new WAV, but I know a lot of blokes up here that can't. They don't have to worry though cause there are people who are willing and able to invest in more than one vehicle then rent out the vehicles they don't use themselves.

Now I might be wrong here SM but don't you hate these people more than you hate HC plateholders.

I offered an example criteria which would restrict the number of vehicles, I didn't say that the criteria is one that I would suggest just a possibility of what a council could suggest.

I find it completely true to form that you wouldn't agree with the Minister, after all he doesn't promise you a plate.

B. Lucky

councils do not report to ministers.
they are electives on thier own right, and can be taken to court in thier own right

councils may be asked to give information to government departments
a minister may be high up in parliament, he may have backbenchers on thier knees to them.

in council terms they are [edited by admin] all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:24 am 
Anonymous wrote:
they are electives on thier own right, and can be taken to court in thier own right

Counsellors don't report to ministers but Councils do.

In this particular case the Government have called Councils to report to them by a specific date on their policy regarding restriction of numbers if they choose to maintain their quantative restrictions, its contained within the letter sent by Mr Cope.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:03 pm 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Counsellors don't report to ministers but Councils do.

In this particular case the Government have called Councils to report to them by a specific date on their policy regarding restriction of numbers if they choose to maintain their quantative restrictions, its contained within the letter sent by Mr Cope.

B. Lucky

councillors are reporting to the department not the minister

and the department will do all the stuff

the minister will hardly involve himself

councils dont report to ministers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:18 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
councillors are reporting to the department not the minister

and the department will do all the stuff

the minister will hardly involve himself

councils dont report to ministers.

Your argument here is nearly as pointless as your existance.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:25 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know any more the DfT got wrong?

East Northants restrict taxis unless they are wheelchair. So I suppose its a half way house.
http://www.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk ... tailID=970

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:55 am 
Anonymous wrote:
East Northants restrict taxis unless they are wheelchair. So I suppose its a half way house.

Half way until March 2005 when all restriction on numbers is to be reviewed.

Some PH operators don't wish you or your council to know the full implications partial restrictions will bring, believe me its half way in the wrong direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:55 am 
I would sooner they are went wheel-chair.
Then the deadwood could retire, and allow the fresh new blood to earn a decent living.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:25 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
I would sooner they are went wheel-chair.
Then the deadwood could retire, and allow the fresh new blood to earn a decent living.

the deadwood could retire?
very interesting thought?
and new blood come and earn a living, all very well in theory but the older end are the ones that keep this service going and inject quality

the new blood you talk of would wreck it in no time/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:05 pm 

I think the younger ones would be able to buy a WAV cos they could then graft to pay for the bloody thing.

You oldies just want to plodder about and pontificate. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:25 am 
Sussex wrote:
I think the younger ones would be able to buy a WAV cos they could then graft to pay for the bloody thing.

You oldies just want to plodder about and pontificate. :wink:

oi just less of it popeye!

I am not an oldie just appreciate their massive contribution to the cause.

as for the young ones they wanna shag all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:04 am 
Anonymous wrote:
as for the young ones they wanna shag all the time.

And?????? :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next