UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:20 pm 

toots wrote:
captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

And which part do you disagree with and there's a first time for everything :shock:

Selling the plates.....I dont agree with it.....but how is it going to stop given caselaw?

CC

I'm going to regret asking what caselaw cos I don't know and you're going to send it so I can read it along with everything else I'm reading to educate myself with :D
Educating women.... extremely dangerous..... next she will be changing her name to Maggie..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:24 pm 

MR T wrote:

I'm going to regret asking what caselaw cos I don't know and you're going to send it so I can read it along with everything else I'm reading to educate myself with :D
Educating women.... extremely dangerous..... next she will be changing her name to Maggie..[/quote]

Maggie Toot's.....surely not...the iron(ing) lady :lol:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:32 pm 

captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:

Educating women.... extremely dangerous..... next she will be changing her name to Maggie..

Quote:

CC

I think you two are just mean I'm only trying to learn eusasmiles.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 pm 

toots wrote:

Put 'teletax' in a search on here :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:38 pm 

toots wrote:
captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:

Quote:

CC

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

better to stay as you are.... you are much more fun this way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:52 pm 

MR T wrote:
toots wrote:
captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:

Quote:

CC

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

better to stay as you are.... you are much more fun this way.

Thanks. I think :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:04 am 
gusmac wrote:

Doom makes a great case for de-reg on his own, CC
I wish others were as blatent. :lol:[/quote]

Oh, hows that then?

I see nothing I've written in favour of it, stop being a Sussex fanboy, just because you want something that you don't want to pay for what does that say about you?

My point isn't about a value on the plate, mines about not having half of Europe queuing up on limited rank space with me, I didn't buy it to profit on a sale on it, I bought it because like a shop I wanted my own unit to earn from, a cab is no different to a shop, one sells produce one sells rides, how many shopkeepers say, here have an existing business for free? how many stay in business once another 8 shops selling the same thing open in the same road or a Tesco/Asda opens up nearby, all you two OP+Sussex are demonstrating you know little about anything and cloud your judgement with a desire to harm existing plate holders and have one yourself for nowt, but as I've told you already, you aren't alone, there are plenty of others who will also apply for one and it just becomes saturated, that's why it's called quality controls, but then satisfied you've helped mess something up you'll just move on and interfere elsewhere won't you, I suggest you think about emigrating to Russia, I think you'll be happier there as it's seems more up your street regarding your commie outlook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:29 am 

Doom wrote:
gusmac wrote:
Doom makes a great case for de-reg on his own, CC
I wish others were as blatent. :lol:

Oh, hows that then?

Work it out Homer :lol:

Doom wrote:
just because you want something that you don't want to pay for what does that say about you?
Check your facts instead of making assumptions. I want nothing I haven't already had for years.

Doom wrote:
I didn't buy it to profit on a sale on it, I bought it because like a shop I wanted my own unit to earn from, a cab is no different to a shop, one sells produce one sells rides,

You bought it to jump the queue. Now you are crying in your beer because the queue is finally being served.

Doom wrote:
all you two OP+Sussex are demonstrating you know little about anything and cloud your judgement with a desire to harm existing plate holders and have one yourself for nowt, but as I've told you already, you aren't alone, there are plenty of others who will also apply for one and it just becomes saturated,

Bollux. Watch my lips - I am an existing plate holder. Do try to keep up.

Doom wrote:
I suggest you think about emigrating to Russia, I think you'll be happier there as it's seems more up your street regarding your commie outlook.
I think communism would suit your protectionist agenda far better than my free market views.

Don't try Russia though - they rejected communism in 1991 :shock:
Have you had your head stuck up your ar*e that long?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:56 am 
Ok, lets get back down to a sensible level.

So am I to assume because 5 members of a website say deregulation is a good thing that represent's the whole taxi trades opinion?

Am I also to assume that you all think deregulation is a good thing and that it doesn't bother you at all if another 100 cars join your fleets.

1986 I got my first badge, that's 23 years ago, so for those saying they've been at it longer, you have to be staunch private hire or telling fibs because no hackney owner or driver for that matter would advocate what your wishes are.

I've noticed a fair bit of turn the arguement around and self proclaimation from some here, that to me is a clique and kinda explains why there seems to be only a handfull of ppl on this site, in two days the only threads I've seen move are the ones I've been posting in and maybe one or two others, says to me some of you lot have driven ppl away because you seem focused on your way or no way.

Anyway I'll appologise for my aggressive posting to all of you, but lets just say we'll have to agree to disagree.

And for those who are deregulated at this time, you can put a legal challenge in against it, they have to prove unmet demand, so if your income and lively hood is at stake and you can prove it you have the right to say so and get something done about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:45 pm 

Quote:
So am I to assume because 5 members of a website say deregulation is a good thing that represent's the whole taxi trades opinion?

No

Quote:
Am I also to assume that you all think deregulation is a good thing and that it doesn't bother you at all if another 100 cars join your fleets.

No. The only safe thing on here is not to assume anything :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:47 pm 

toots wrote:
Quote:

No

Quote:

No. The only safe thing on here is not to assume anything :D

I agree with toots.....and I dont see why deregulation is touted as the be all and end all.....IMO it creates further issues.

But Doom.....apart from being totally wrong about the website....I take it you dont particularly have any other trade interest apart from numbers limitation?

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:50 pm 

Quote:
I agree with toots.....

Fu**in amazing that's all I can say. 1st post today I think and I'm agreed with :shock: I'm getting off while the goings good :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:53 pm 

toots wrote:
Quote:
I agree with toots.....

Fu**in amazing that's all I can say. 1st post today I think and I'm agreed with :shock: I'm getting off while the goings good :lol:

Put it in a safe place....cause chances are it'll be the only time today :lol:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:20 pm 
Chill guys, it wasn't for either of you, and yes I do have further interest Capt, it's just since I arrived all the threads are dereg ones mainly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:26 pm 

Doom wrote:

Far from it, the issue isn't whether those five, as you say, think it's a good or a bad thing, it's down to the councillors who vote on the matter.

As for representing the taxi trade opinion, well I'm not sure I have ever seen TDO say or write that. TDO is the sum of it's parts, which I'm not sure is a plus or minus point. :?