Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 51  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:06 pm 

cabbyman wrote:
I've looked out the reply I had from the minister, Paul Clark, dated 22nd April, which mention other consultations into the detail of a strategy possibly extending into 2010.

I'm struggling to copy it and load it to this thread at the moment but, I sent CC a copy by E mail on 28th April. It may be that he would be kind enough to scrub my ID from the letter and post it here if he is able.

Still got them but they seem to be a type of file I cannot copy onto a adobe document.

The third paragraph of the letter states they will issue a strategy document in the summer that will set out a process.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:13 pm 

cabbyman wrote:
I've looked out the reply I had from the minister, Paul Clark, dated 22nd April, which mention other consultations into the detail of a strategy possibly extending into 2010.

I think the time-scale is up for consultation. Also if the gov came back with actual regulations in relation to vehicle specification then that would clearly need further consultation. However it appears the gov are going to allow each council to write their own WAV criteria. Thus no national consultation needed for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:27 pm 

The only time I can see the taxi bit of this bill debated in committee is;

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 702s01.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:37 pm 

Sussex wrote:
The only time I can see the taxi bit of this bill debated in committee is;

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 702s01.htm

Yeah.....this bits interesting;

9.15 am
Mr. Harper: That is helpful, and I am grateful for confirmation of when the Solicitor-General expects the Bill to be considered on Report. We will look at the Department for Transport response to the consultation. Column number: 625I note that private hire vehicle drivers and operators were asked to respond to it. It will be interesting to see what they say, as well as what taxi operators say.
Given the Solicitor-General’s clear assurance, we will wait for the consultation and then discuss on Report what should be done.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:50 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
Quote:
(1) A licence for a taxi to ply for hire must not be granted unless the vehicle conforms with the provisions of taxi accessibility regulations with which a vehicle is required to conform if it is licensed.

As all LTI cabs cannot carry a full sizes wheelchair in the appropriate manner they cannot possibly comply

Yes they can. :?

Because some drivers can't be bothered strapping them in properly doesn't mean they don't fit.

Wheelchairs doesn't mean electric buggy's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:52 pm 

Comical Ali wrote:
At last....now we know where we're going :D

Good to see you back Mr Ali.

How's that cave in Pakistan been for all those months? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:17 am 
This is all laughable really, as mentioned many "wav"s don't meet the 1st team standard, watch the video of the VW Caddy Max Life wav, I dare anyone to want to have to go through the process of dropping the ramp and then applying 4 sets of restraints on a fare going one mile, then we can move on to prams, are the wav's going to have pram restraints as well so the floor looks like the Arndale area of Manchester, it's a joke, the best solution in my opinion is a good sized estate car, fold the chair/pram and have the person or baby secured by either a seat belt (y'now that invention that stops ppl flying) or mum's arm's, which isn't perfect but the kid stands more chance in a crash being held by mum than being ejected out of the pram, simple truth is there is no perfect solution to any of it, but in the case of babies drivers should have tuition on observation and speed, i.e when carrying a small one drive like a granny and make sure you cover all the junctions well in advance, that's what I do, extra 5 minutes vs tragedy, simple innit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:36 am 

GBC wrote:
Comical Ali wrote:
At last....now we know where we're going :D

Good to see you back Mr Ali.

How's that cave in Pakistan been for all those months? :wink:

Thank you my friend, we look forward to the day where we take on the infidel minicab and taxi saloon with our shoes, if it walks like a dog, barks like a dog the chances are it's a minicab drivers wife.

The cave has been good, especially now we have sky tv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:17 am 

IMO there should only be one taxi service and that should be serviced by 2 types of vehicles. One would be a WAV and the other a saloon, with a large boot to accomodate folded up wheelchairs and swivel seats so those that wish to get out of their wheelchair can do and this would also aid the ambulantly disabled as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 am 

toots wrote:
IMO there should only be one taxi service and that should be serviced by 2 types of vehicles. One would be a WAV and the other a saloon, with a large boot to accomodate folded up wheelchairs and swivel seats so those that wish to get out of their wheelchair can do and this would also aid the ambulantly disabled as well

IMO....IMO is a car wash

That aside....utter twaddle :D

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:30 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

IMO....IMO is a car wash

That aside....utter twaddle :D

CC

Just cos you don't agree doesn't mean it's twaddle. It's an alternative to what seems to be 100% WAV option

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:32 am 

toots wrote:

Just cos you don't agree doesn't mean it's twaddle. It's an alternative to what seems to be 100% WAV option

Whats wrong with 100% WAV anyway?

Thinking about it the HC trade seemingly want a clear demarcation between HC and PH.......what better than the vehicle type?

Of course if the HC trade do that....in return I would expect any pirating PH driver to be crushed in their vehicle on the spot. :D

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:40 am 

I think that is one of the fears of hacks going 100% wav is that the ph get to carry on the way most are doing(illegally plying for hire :evil: ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:45 am 

stationtone wrote:
I think that is one of the fears of hacks going 100% wav is that the ph get to carry on the way most are doing(illegally plying for hire :evil: ).

You mean places like Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Coventry, London, Edinburgh and Glasgow.......with WAV only policies still have illegal plying for hire?????

:lol:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:49 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

Whats wrong with 100% WAV anyway?

Thinking about it the HC trade seemingly want a clear demarcation between HC and PH.......what better than the vehicle type?

Of course if the HC trade do that....in return I would expect any pirating PH driver to be crushed in their vehicle on the spot. :D

CC

It's not a clear demrcatin tho is it. Ph have WAV's too. The only clear demarcation is the London Taxi and that's horrible

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 51  Next