Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 51  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:51 am 

toots wrote:

It's not a clear demrcatin tho is it. Ph have WAV's too. The only clear demarcation is the London Taxi and that's horrible

PH can have the doblo that looks like an ice cream van......but nothing that looks like a taxi :D

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

It's not a clear demrcatin tho is it. Ph have WAV's too. The only clear demarcation is the London Taxi and that's horrible

PH can have the doblo that looks like an ice cream van......but nothing that looks like a taxi :D

CC

The E7 is available to PH and so is the Vito and a few others. To say they aren't would considerably cut the market value to the manufacturers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:56 am 

toots wrote:

The E7 is available to PH and so is the Vito and a few others. To say they aren't would considerably cut the market value to the manufacturers.

Not my problem.....but if they want to be called taxis then they can only sell to one.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:58 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

Not my problem.....but if they want to be called taxis then they can only sell to one.

CC

You're right it's not your problem. They will however use their political clout to get what they want and I believe that is a fair piece of the market as they see it. It's only taxi drivers that believe the world evolves around them :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:44 pm 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

Just cos you don't agree doesn't mean it's twaddle. It's an alternative to what seems to be 100% WAV option

Whats wrong with 100% WAV anyway?

Thinking about it the HC trade seemingly want a clear demarcation between HC and PH.......what better than the vehicle type?

Of course if the HC trade do that....in return I would expect any pirating PH driver to be crushed in their vehicle on the spot. :D

CC

Yes...but wasnt there a wee bit of a question raised by a so called expert in one of those posted links that mentions if all hacks had to become WAV then there would be a mass stampede by you hacks to become PH to avoid having to purchase such a vehicle....and that was mentioned by someone that Didnt know the differance between what constitutes a Taxi or a PH...

well....do you Taxi chappies think that'll be the case, will you all become that much loathed PH rather than buy a WAV.

Im PH and quite happy to potter away withouth any inclination to illegally ply for hire, i get enough work as is.

Dear god..if the so called experts cant tell the differance then how in hells name do they think they dictate policy on WAVs.

Theyre a bunch of Idiots...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:56 pm 

toots wrote:
captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

CC

You're right it's not your problem. They will however use their political clout to get what they want and I believe that is a fair piece of the market as they see it. It's only taxi drivers that believe the world evolves around them :wink:

So true toots.....Its wrong that one group of opposing passenger transportation styles should try and get the other to be made to obey the same rules as they are subject to. I for one if needs be will go get a WAV or two and sell off my saloons and simply become a Hack....tis that easy to do here. now the real losers then will be those that already are Taxi drivers as there will be twice or thrice the competition in the ranks and on the street as there is at present.

Any wise hack should be praying to hell that PH dont need to be WAV..indeed campaining for them not to be, just to protect their own livelyhoods.

as they say...one should be careful for what you wish for....you might get it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:58 pm 

bloodnock wrote:

So true toots.....Its wrong that one group of opposing passenger transportation styles should try and get the other to be made to obey the same rules as they are subject to. I for one if needs be will go get a WAV or two and sell off my saloons and simply become a Hack....tis that easy to do here. now the real losers then will be those that already are Taxi drivers as there will be twice or thrice the competition in the ranks and on the street as there is at present.

Any wise hack should be praying to hell that PH dont need to be WAV..indeed campaining for them not to be, just to protect their own livelyhoods.

Thats an open market and competition for you.....unless you're saying those hacks in your area dont do PH work......which I find difficult to believe :wink:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:05 pm 

captain cab wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

Thats an open market and competition for you.....unless you're saying those hacks in your area dont do PH work......which I find difficult to believe :wink:

CC

We have 3 ways of working here, the punter comes to the rank, phones for 1, or hails it from the street, as a 1 man band the punters phone me direct, just like 80% of other hack owners here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:14 pm 

GBC wrote:
Yes they can. :?

Liverpool E7 Judgement

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:16 pm 

Sussex wrote:
GBC wrote:

Liverpool E7 Judgement

I think the Judge is perhaps retarded......a driver not being ar*ed to secure a wheelchair properly, does not mean the wheelchair wont fit.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:18 pm 

captain cab wrote:
I think the Judge is perhaps retarded......a driver not being ar*ed to secure a wheelchair properly, does not mean the wheelchair wont fit.

Wasn't there a survey which concluded only 4 wheelchair jobs out of 100 could fit the TX range? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:19 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:
GBC wrote:

Liverpool E7 Judgement

CC

CC you must have read the European disability thing, where the boss of LTI quite clearly stated that there cabs cannot take a full sized wheelchair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:24 pm 

Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:

Wasn't there a survey which concluded only 4 wheelchair jobs out of 100 could fit the TX range? :?

Was that the same one where the manufacturers of wheelchairs couldnt guarantee the stability of the wheelchair in the taxi in the event of an accident?

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:25 pm 

skippy41 wrote:

CC you must have read the European disability thing, where the boss of LTI quite clearly stated that there cabs cannot take a full sized wheelchair

Was that the same one where the EC stated a mixed fleet was better than WAV only policies? :wink:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:29 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Was that the same one where the EC stated a mixed fleet was better than WAV only policies? :wink:

Which makes it all the more strange the gov didn't use that as the perfect cop out. :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 51  Next