Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:47 am 
Fae Fife wrote:
Doom wrote:

If you have a plate why do you stand for dereg? surely that's like Churchill e.mailing Hitler the day before to say he's sending over some Lancaster bombers to flatten some German cities isn't it?

Are you seriously saying that all people are purely motivated by self-interest?

No whites argued to end slavery or apartheid?

No well off people are willing to pay higher taxes?

No one gives blood?

Everyone parks in the disabled spaces at Tesco's to avoid walking a few yards?

Of course, I could go on all night, but it's stating the obvious, surely?

Get over it, the Sex Pistols finished long ago, Arther Scargill is in nappies and Rover is no more, I've worked you out, you are living the Citizen Smith thing where everyone is out to get you and you sit there saying to yourself "I'll show em" because deep down you have a guilt trip on about something, or maybe it's to score karma points.

Anyway to address whats said

1 - Yes

2 - Irrelevent to the topic

3 - Why should they, do they get anymore services for the extra tax?

4 - Irrelevent again

5 - Only the really ignorant

There's no way you own a plate that you paid money for, it just doesn't add up someone bouncing down the road stating "RUIN ME OVERNIGHT PLEASE", I'd say you either rent, or are simply another PHD who thinks once they get in it'll be ok to shut the door again, or are so stupid to realise the pie only has so many slices, btw you really should become a HCD, we spend most of the night drinking Brandy and smoking Cigars on the rank, yep and it's great fun until someone needs a lift and ruins it for us, still, it's a good excuse to get the Tuxedo out and talk posh :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I should save this for a reply, but you need to know about your topics before writing them on here, Nelson Mandella?

BOMBER
MURDERER
CONMAN

No better than Gerry Adams, but instead cos he got put in jail silly tosspots like you and Bono campaigned to get him released and treat him as a hero, and I suggest you go live on a farm in Africa before you start all that nasty white man lark, the whites built it, the blacks just destroy it out there, Amin,Mugabe and on and on, and if you oust one another one steps up to replace them, it's in their head to see their own ppl as slaves and things to kill, if you wanna do some good, board a plane and take a suitcase full of Durex with you and try to tell them they have to control population to end the misery they live in the worst parts, all that money Geldolf raised, did nobody think a sanitation plant for drinking and irrigation water would be a better idea than sacks of rice that just got stolen and sold on anyway, if they'd had water, they'd have the means to grow food year in year out, so if you wanna do some good, do what I just told you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:50 am 

Well we'll have to agree to differ, Doom, but you don't seem to be paying attention.

First you were assuming I didn't have a plate when I said I had, now you're denying that I paid for a plate.

I never claimed to have paid for a plate, I got a freebie, as I said before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:53 am 

Fae Fife wrote:
Well we'll have to agree to differ, Doom, but you don't seem to be paying attention.

First you were assuming I didn't have a plate when I said I had, now you're denying that I paid for a plate.

Well don't you dare sell it.... No matter how much hard work you put in to servicing your customers....... you'll never be able to live with yourself........ only joking. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:55 am 
Fae Fife wrote:

I just did an edit, you might want to as well in response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:02 am 

toots wrote:
Quote:
Oh, and over 100 HC in St Andrews, but zero PH. Has worked well like this for decades as far as I know, and certainly in the last ten years.

Can I just ask what type of vehicles those HC's are?

The licences are all for saloons, but many choose to run bigger vehicles, and around a third are 6-8 seaters.

And interestingly, there's no fare premium for larger vehicles or extra passengers - the incentive is merely to get the airport/club/golf runs.

There are a handful of WAVs, but this isn't compulsory, but there's little demand, and effectively non-existant at the ranks.

Quote:
Quote:
800 CARS IN ANY CITY OTHER THAN THE LARGEST HAPPENING TYPE CITIES IS A DISASTER

I think it would depend on whether that is all the trade ie HC and PH or if it is just HC and then there was also PH. It would be happy days here if there was only 800 vehicles in all :D

As I said it was all HC.

Of course, my point was about a one-tier system rather than anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:06 am 

Doom wrote:
Fae Fife wrote:

Oh, is that the bit where you call me a "silly tosspot" and compare Mandela to Gerry Adams?

Nah, I don't think I'll bother :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:08 am 
Well a one tier system means you have to go radio, which in effect makes you PH all over again, if I can give you one bit of advice here Fae, don't be so quick to welcome strangers to your own house party, you'll find there's always a fight and something goes missing, and that thing is normally not replaceable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:10 am 
Fae Fife wrote:
Doom wrote:
Fae Fife wrote:

Oh, is that the bit where you call me a "silly tosspot" and compare Mandela to Gerry Adams?

Nah, I don't think I'll bother :roll:

Cos you know I'm right don't you, right now you'll be googling his name to see if what I say is correct, try his name and Joberg, should get you right to the heart of it nice and quick. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:10 am 

MR T wrote:
Fae Fife wrote:

Well don't you dare sell it.... No matter how much hard work you put in to servicing your customers....... you'll never be able to live with yourself........ only joking. :wink:

Hardly worth bothering about anyway, Mr T.

Some have been handed back because either they can't be bothered or can't find a buyer, so someone gets a freebie as it's issued to the first applicant.

But it's pot luck, so some are still having to buy them, and I heard one went for £3k, but I think the norm is more like a few hundred, but because they're low value and sold with the car it's difficult to quantify what the plate's actually worth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:11 am 

Doom wrote:
Well a one tier system means you have to go radio, which in effect makes you PH all over again, if I can give you one bit of advice here Fae, don't be so quick to welcome strangers to your own house party, you'll find there's always a fight and something goes missing, and that thing is normally not replaceable.

:roll:

But again you haven't been paying attention - I work the ranks as do a few dozen others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:13 am 
Fae Fife wrote:
Doom wrote:

:roll:

But again you haven't been paying attention - I work the ranks as do a few dozen others.

Well lets hope for your sake that a Baron isn't reading eh, might be 15 dozen of you LOOKING for a rank space before long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:16 am 

Fae Fife wrote:
MR T wrote:
Fae Fife wrote:

Hardly worth bothering about anyway, Mr T.

Some have been handed back because either they can't be bothered or can't find a buyer, so someone gets a freebie as it's issued to the first applicant.

But it's pot luck, so some are still having to buy them, and I heard one went for £3k, but I think the norm is more like a few hundred, but because they're low value and sold with the car it's difficult to quantify what the plate's actually worth.
It's not too clever here at the moment.... everyone's working long hours.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:19 am 
So it's a one horse town and you (Fae) think it's a good representation of dereg that's working, 12 cars FFS, it's all becoming clear now, you are a hobby cabby rather than one who has to make a living, as for a car, who in their right mind is going to spend £30k on a WAV to pick up once an hour for £3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:59 am 

Fae Fife wrote:
toots wrote:
Quote:
Oh, and over 100 HC in St Andrews, but zero PH. Has worked well like this for decades as far as I know, and certainly in the last ten years.

Can I just ask what type of vehicles those HC's are?

The licences are all for saloons, but many choose to run bigger vehicles, and around a third are 6-8 seaters.

And interestingly, there's no fare premium for larger vehicles or extra passengers - the incentive is merely to get the airport/club/golf runs.

There are a handful of WAVs, but this isn't compulsory, but there's little demand, and effectively non-existant at the ranks.

Quote:
Quote:
800 CARS IN ANY CITY OTHER THAN THE LARGEST HAPPENING TYPE CITIES IS A DISASTER

I think it would depend on whether that is all the trade ie HC and PH or if it is just HC and then there was also PH. It would be happy days here if there was only 800 vehicles in all :D

As I said it was all HC.

Of course, my point was about a one-tier system rather than anything else.

The reason I asked what type of vehicles the HC's were is because in my experience where there are saloon vehicles as HC's the up take of PH is very limited. Why if you can drive whichever vehicle suits you would you choose to limit your earnings by only being able to take pre bookings. I have both my HC badge and my PH badge. I had to meet the same criteria whichever badge I applied for. The reason I do not drive a HC is because we are de-reg and we have to put a WAV under 3 years old on the road. Even I, with my blonde moments, realise that for me to maintain such a vehicle and replace it as regularly as I do my PH vehicle, I would have to work some pretty hefty shifts. My desire to be flagged down just is not that strong. The other thing I don't understand is why HC drivers can be so adverse to having a radio in their vehicle, why would they want to restrict their earning ability

Anyway to end my opinion I believe a single tier is probably the best way forward if only they could decide what vehicles we have to drive and before anybody comments that the equality bill will probably sort that out for us I don't really think that bill is particularly equal. As I always say the high standards should be placed on the driver as well as the vehicle and if drivers did not wish to meet the higher standards perhaps a change of career would suit them more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:02 am 

Fae Fife wrote:

CC, you're either a wind-up merchant or an extreme lightweight given the likes of that statement.

I was banging the standards drum ever since I've had a plate ten years ago.

And are you seriously saying that drum isn't being banged in unlimited areas or in the PH sector?

Or even by gorraplates in restricted areas?

Maybe you should change your username to Captain C r a p :wink:

I see you resort to insults when people disagree with you, that's hardly the behaviour of a lady now is it?

CC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next