Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:32 pm 

Smoked Glass wrote:
Fully De-reg the bus industry NOW! Instead of subsidies the operators should be paying to run a profitable bus route.

I dont know what its like there but some areas round here see one bus a week, some no longer see a bus.

But where the bus company have what they see as a profitable route, you have buses every 10 minutes.

Now call me old fashioned but the profitable routes should make sure the less popular routes get a service........not no service.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:46 pm 

captain cab wrote:
I dont know what its like there but some areas round here see one bus a week, some no longer see a bus.

Shouldn't the taxi/PH trade be jumping for joy over that? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:16 pm 

Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:

Shouldn't the taxi/PH trade be jumping for joy over that? :?

You could use the Transport Act 1985 & become a Skoda bus in your area.

Then you could change your name to Captain Omnibus!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

New Songs For Captain Omnibus

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:49 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:

Or go down to Birmingham and bleat on about being shaf*ed by PH, shaf*ed by other hacks, shaf*ed by the council and shaf*ed by the nightclubs :lol:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:16 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:

Or go down to Birmingham and bleat on about being shaf*ed by PH, shaf*ed by other hacks, shaf*ed by the council and shaf*ed by the nightclubs :lol:

CC

I don't bleat on .... there's the old saying, 'you can only do one job at a time, so why worry about all the other work going'

I have & always will find my own work, I very rarely join a rank unless I know it will work quickly or be profitable.

The council will only pass items that are lawful & with the proper consultation. As for being sh*fted by other hacks, that has only happened once in 30 plus years. PH illegal plying ..... well there's a big issue, but when the opportunity comes I sh*ft them more than they sh*ft me, except as a Hack I can do it legally.

Very seriously though ..... the Transport Act does provide for Hacks to act as rural buses & you, Captain & Mr Skippy41 should really consider giving it a go.

You know the saying, 'Don't knock it 'til you've tried it'.

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:24 am 
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:

CC

I don't bleat on .... there's the old saying, 'you can only do one job at a time, so why worry about all the other work going'

I have & always will find my own work, I very rarely join a rank unless I know it will work quickly or be profitable.

The council will only pass items that are lawful & with the proper consultation. As for being sh*fted by other hacks, that has only happened once in 30 plus years. PH illegal plying ..... well there's a big issue, but when the opportunity comes I sh*ft them more than they sh*ft me, except as a Hack I can do it legally.

Very seriously though ..... the Transport Act does provide for Hacks to act as rural buses & you, Captain & Mr Skippy41 should really consider giving ot a go.

You know the saying, 'Don't knock it 'til you've tried it'.

Thats fine as long as the council doesn't mess with the city Brum, down here they've made it so ppl get a PHC at 7-9pm and go to one place alnight and then they dump the lot on us at 2am and expect it clear by 2.30am, floating the street isn't an option anymore here, it's get on a rank if you can and wait as long as it takes,I kid you not I earned better money 20 years ago than I do now.

As for the bleeting, you do, but I don't blame you either. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:15 am 

Doom wrote:
Thats fine as long as the council doesn't mess with the city Brum, down here they've made it so ppl get a PHC at 7-9pm and go to one place alnight and then they dump the lot on us at 2am and expect it clear by 2.30am, floating the street isn't an option anymore here, it's get on a rank if you can and wait as long as it takes,I kid you not I earned better money 20 years ago than I do now.

As for the bleeting, you do, but I don't blame you either. :wink:

This whole business of clearing the streets when the clubs close is a police-driven thing. All they want is the public in a vehicle & away home. That way the chances of public order eruptions is minimized. They & the public don't care if a garbage wagon picks them up for a fare, as long as they are off the streets & away.

So the very authority that is supposed to uphold the law, turns a blind eye to the multitude of illegal plying that goes on, because it suits their purpose.

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:49 am 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
This whole business of clearing the streets when the clubs close is a police-driven thing. All they want is the public in a vehicle & away home. That way the chsnces of public order eruptions is minimized. They & the public don't care if a garbage wagon picks them up for a fare, as long as they are off the streets & away.

So the very authority that is supposed to uphold the law, turns a blind eye to the multitude of illegal plying that goes on, because it suits their purpose.

Then deregulate everything.....give the PH cars HC plates.....job done.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:11 am 

captain cab wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
This whole business of clearing the streets when the clubs close is a police-driven thing. All they want is the public in a vehicle & away home. That way the chsnces of public order eruptions is minimized. They & the public don't care if a garbage wagon picks them up for a fare, as long as they are off the streets & away.

CC

You know I have advocated a one tier system for some time ..... + I know you are /were against that idea.

What's changed, or are you being facetious?

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:18 am 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:

CC

You know I have advocated a one tier system for some time ..... + I know you are /were against that idea.

What's changed, or are you being facetious?

Yes :wink:

CC