Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:41 pm 

Dundee was de-limited in 2003
Still is
Still in excess of 150 hired plates
Still of the belief that de-limitation never has and never will work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:39 pm 

tx_op wrote:
Dundee was de-limited in 2003
Still is
Still in excess of 150 hired plates
Still of the belief that de-limitation never has and never will work.

Wouldn't it be fair to say the hiring of plates is down to the fact that saloons are limited, i.e. WAV avoidance, same as here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:36 pm 
Well see how this sits with you, tonight, FRIDAY PM, I went out at 6pm, I've returned home at 11pm with £34 in my bag having picked up a grand total of 5 ppl tonight including one flagger, all the pubs are empty and there are rank after rank of over ranked cars, before I pulled off 7th turn there were 4 cabs one after another floating about to try and find somewhere worth ranking.

Now I know the cause of it

1 - The clubs have made it policy to only want students in

2 - The students aren't out

3 - Smoking ban

4 - After months of having a dull night most ppl aren't bothering anymore

5 - Must have ID to get in everywhere

6 - Way too many PHC's and HC's for that matter

So it looks like another week of running at a loss, but hey ho nobody really cares do they, interesting news to go with it on the radio, one of the army lads killed recently in The War On Oil & Money dad refused to shake Tony Blairs hand today at a service and told him the blood was on his hands, yep the same meddling Tony Blair that has managed to destroy this country with that frog faced cow of a wife of his, sad thing is he'll still sleep like a baby tonight because his kids are out doing fashionable drugs and none of them face any hardship either now or in the future, well done Tony you've managed to get the best half killed and reduce the other half to bums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:12 am 

Much the same thing here Doom, but the uni is closed for the holiday weekend, so the students went home until Monday
hardly a sole out but I started at 7Pm and have just come in took just over £120
2 weeks ago I stopped charging the night rate of plus 25% and word is getting about so I get more work while the rest just sit there
most drivers are on a percentage of the bag but if they are not earning the owner is also loosing out as well and eventually they will have to start pulling cabs off the road :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:45 am 

skippy41 wrote:
Much the same thing here Doom, but the uni is closed for the holiday weekend, so the students went home until Monday
hardly a sole out but I started at 7Pm and have just come in took just over £120

Those types of earnings are a distant dream in Brum!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:00 am 

Doom wrote:
Well see how this sits with you, tonight, FRIDAY PM, I went out at 6pm, I've returned home at 11pm with £34 in my bag having picked up a grand total of 5 ppl tonight including one flagger, all the pubs are empty and there are rank after rank of over ranked cars, before I pulled off 7th turn there were 4 cabs one after another floating about to try and find somewhere worth ranking.

Busy as f*** down here. \:D/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:20 am 

Sussex wrote:
Doom wrote:

They say people in the south never feel a recession & if us lot up north ever get a depression you lot might just feel a twinge of a recession.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:44 am 
Sussex wrote:
Doom wrote:

That's why nothing you say should represent the cab industry in general, you only see what you see, as I've said before the Brighton and surrounding area's can't really fail, the place is affluent and has a nightlife worth going to see, my seaside town has the best council in the world, take all the entertainment places near the seafront and shut and demolish them, and replace them with 10% of what was there in a same same concrete in town next to stations and ferries, pub come club venues that hold a typical Conference league football club attendance in total, seaside town that you can't even find a hotel with a room in midweek, sod it I think I'll move to Arundel and spend all week taking ppl into Brighton and Chchester.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:47 pm 

Doom wrote:
That's why nothing you say should represent the cab industry in general,

Since when have I ever said my views are representative of the taxi/PH trade? :?

TBH when my views coincide with the vast majority of the hackney trade, then that's when I will retire. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:19 am 
Sussex wrote:
Doom wrote:

Since when have I ever said my views are representative of the taxi/PH trade? :?

TBH when my views coincide with the vast majority of the hackney trade, then that's when I will retire. :shock:

Maybe not, but you do influence what ppl read and draw conclusion from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:21 am 

Doom wrote:

Good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:53 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Doom wrote:

Good.

Maybe, in a Judas sort of way \:D/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:11 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Doom wrote:

But you are a Brighton Hackney Carriage owner and, in additon a represetative of the ph in that area too. Correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:09 pm 

Jeckle wrote:
But you are a Brighton Hackney Carriage owner and, in additon a represetative of the ph in that area too. Correct?

WTF it's got to do with you? :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7