Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:53 am 

grandad wrote:
cabby john wrote:
Amongst ourselves we have said for a long time..........Put your hire light on and drive around (within speed limits,cough ,cough) as a group (100 ish) taking flag downs as you go..............it would do the biz.

Do you really think that this kind of action is going to make the council put the cap back on. You are living in cloud cuckoo land.

100 cab drivers should join either the labour party or whatever party is in control of the council.

Turn up at a ward selection meeting and vote a few cab drivers in.....it'll make them think if nothing else.

And it'll cost about £15 each.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 am 

grandad wrote:
cabby john wrote:
Amongst ourselves we have said for a long time..........Put your hire light on and drive around (within speed limits,cough ,cough) as a group (100 ish) taking flag downs as you go..............it would do the biz.

Do you really think that this kind of action is going to make the council put the cap back on. You are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Okay so what does one do? As far as I am concerned anything that makes them think and disrupts their cosy little lives is fine by me. It is bent legislation that will cause people to circumvent the laws, and do I think that type of disruption would make them put their cap back on...YES.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:19 pm 

cabby john wrote:
do I think that type of disruption would make them put their cap back on...YES.

:roll: :roll: All that this disruption will do is upset the public which are your customers. The licensing department and the local councillors will not be bothered one bit. In my opinion they may be using the camera footage to see if any of you step over the like and commit any offense that they think would make you a not fit and proper person and so take your badges away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:19 pm 

grandad wrote:
cabby john wrote:

:roll: :roll: All that this disruption will do is upset the public which are your customers. The licensing department and the local councillors will not be bothered one bit. In my opinion they may be using the camera footage to see if any of you step over the like and commit any offense that they think would make you a not fit and proper person and so take your badges away.

Okay so how do you get around the situation when you literally have the Council sticking a finger up. If you look back on previous posts you will find that the association down here have been trying to do it in a proper manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:49 pm 

cabby john wrote:
grandad wrote:
cabby john wrote:

Okay so how do you get around the situation when you literally have the Council sticking a finger up. If you look back on previous posts you will find that the association down here have been trying to do it in a proper manner.

It is quite simple realy.
They are not going to reintroduce the cap not now not ever. You can do what the hell you like, they are not going to change it back again. Do you really think that they are bothered by the plight of a few hundred taxi drivers in a city the size of Cardiff? They couldn't give two hoots about you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:29 pm 

grandad wrote:
cabby john wrote:
grandad wrote:
cabby john wrote:

It is quite simple realy.
They are not going to reintroduce the cap not now not ever. You can do what the hell you like, they are not going to change it back again. Do you really think that they are bothered by the plight of a few hundred taxi drivers in a city the size of Cardiff? They couldn't give two hoots about you.

You are quite right re them not giving two hoots, and if we do nothing then it is definately going to stay that way. The police are not going to like it every two minutes having their time taken up! This last week is the first time that the police have actually come out and said that there are to many taxi licenses out there and that it is causing a problem.

So by banging on it is having an effect.

Do nothing and you will have exactly that.