Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

Further freeze proposed on new taxi licences
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13428
Page 2 of 2

Author:  captain cab [ Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:20 am ]
Post subject: 

It's not strange, but I like the way taxi operators always mention the cost of a new TX, if that vehicle disappears some of the headlines just won't be the same.

CC

Author:  captain cab [ Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

I wonder if the owners of the more.....'rustic'.......vehicles around the country still point to the cost of a new TX when spouting, stuff like....a replacement cab will cost me inexcess of £30K.....when in fact there new vehicle is very likely to be as rustic as the one it replaces.

CC

Author:  Brummie Cabbie [ Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sussex wrote:
It seems the committee has decided to;

1. Remove the condition that the driver has to personally drive the vehicle for 37 hours per week.
2. Remove the condition that the driver does not have to rent the vehicle out for a second shift.
3. Not removed the condition that the plate can not be sold on.
4. No more plates to be issued for 3 years as survey shows no unmet demand.

So at least they have got three of the four decisions legal. Not bad for a council really.

If the wording at No 3 is correct to the letter, then me thinks they have got four out of four decision legally correct!!

Brum does not allow this either & they're right!

That should stimulate some debate!

Author:  Sussex [ Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
If the wording at No 3 is correct to the letter, then me thinks they have got four out of four decision legally correct!!

Brum does not allow this either & they're right!

That should stimulate some debate!

Well if we are saying the plate can't be sold on, then that happens no where.

But if we are saying the plate can't be transferred to a new proprietor, then that happens every where.

Author:  Brummie Cabbie [ Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sussex wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
If the wording at No 3 is correct to the letter, then me thinks they have got four out of four decision legally correct!!

Brum does not allow this either & they're right!

That should stimulate some debate!

Well if we are saying the plate can't be sold on, then that happens no where.

But if we are saying the plate can't be transferred to a new proprietor, then that happens every where.

Neither!!

What I am saying & Brum City Council are saying & the legislation supports this, is that a plate ON ITS OWN cannot be transferred / sold on or whatever you may call it.

What is transferred is the carriage or Licensed Hackney Carriage, WHICH AT THE TIME OF TRANSFER MUST HAVE THE LICENCE ATTATCHED TO THE HACKNEY CARRIAGE.

Whether there is a financial consideration upon transfer is immaterial. What matters is that a Hackney Carriage Vehicle Licence cannot lawfully be transferred on its own without being attached to a Hackney Carriage.

If a council tries to stop a licensed Hackney Carriage being transferred in its entirety, that is the vehicle & licence plate together, whether for a consideration above the market value of the vehicle itself or not, then that council is acting illegally.
If you read the legislation carefully, the council keep a register of licensed Hackney Carriage owners & upon transfer of ownership of a Hackney Carriage, the new owner must, in writing, notify the licensiing authority council of change of ownership.

To put it bluntly; the council keep a register of ownership of licensed Hackney Carriages, period!!

Author:  MR T [ Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:13 am ]
Post subject: 

Some councils. have in the past placed a condition on granting a new licence,..... that the licence and obviously vehicle can not be transferred for a number of years... meaning that it would have to be surrendered back to the council if the driver did not go the full time period.... 2./ 3 years... let us say... I think that is where Sussex is coming from. :roll:

Author:  Brummie Cabbie [ Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:16 am ]
Post subject: 

MR T wrote:
Some councils. have in the past placed a condition on granting a new licence,..... that the licence and obviously vehicle can not be transferred for a number of years... meaning that it would have to be surrendered back to the council if the driver did not go the full time period.... 2./ 3 years... let us say... I think that is where Sussex is coming from. :roll:

I think if a proprietor wished to transfer his Hackney Carriage & such a condition was challenged in a court the council would loose.

Author:  MR T [ Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:18 am ]
Post subject: 

Without a doubt
:lol:

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/