All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:49 am 

Private Reggie wrote:
ALI T wrote:
lets just settle this once and for all Dougie

tell me how you intend to put your ideas into practice

and why do you keep prattling on about security etc

explain what you are talking about and we may all understand you,its no wonder we all think your off your hied when you skewer all over the place with security, human rights and legislation in the usa.
and lets not forget the snp.

Security can defeat The Human rights in some cases

optimus prime can defeat megatron some times, but that doesnt really explain much does it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:51 am 

captain cab wrote:
I want enough money to keep my family :shock:

CC

i want enough money to get away from mine,but she empties my money bag every day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:52 am 

ALI T wrote:
agreed :shock: but thats not what we have here.

its corrupt from top to bottom.

personally if its a choice between what we have now and dereg, ill sleep better with dereg.
the dougies are typical of the Edinburgh taxi trade reps,they have no clue ,they put there mad selfish ideas to the clueless council and before you know it,we have what we have, a shambolic mess and a ruddy expensive one at that,

controlled growth was what was always needed a city this size should have been putting on 30-60 cabs a year every year,and the ph would not have become so huge.
of course its way to late for anything as sensible as that.

There are other options we should cover first, lets see how the proposed merger goes, i believe our trade would work better with the numbers within it, objectives to met demand and maintain standard of living have to be priority before we go gung ho and De-limit, just a reminder, 1300 black cabs in the city of Edinburgh, surely enough to cover the all the needs, but we have to try other way's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:53 am 

ALI T wrote:
agreed :shock: but thats not what we have here.

its corrupt from top to bottom.

personally if its a choice between what we have now and dereg, ill sleep better with dereg.
the dougies are typical of the Edinburgh taxi trade reps,they have no clue ,they put there mad selfish ideas to the clueless council and before you know it,we have what we have, a shambolic mess and a ruddy expensive one at that,

controlled growth was what was always needed a city this size should have been putting on 30-60 cabs a year every year,and the ph would not have become so huge.
of course its way to late for anything as sensible as that.

I dont disagree, I have f*ck all to lose.....but dont go thinking it'll solve all your ills.

There is a balance......the trade needs people investing in it, a thing to hold on to to think its actually worth all the sh*te that goes with the job.

Yes, proprietors should drive a cab.....the NY system is insane, some rich widower buying a cab for an investment? ffs I'd rather get a bus.

As I said the trade needs people willing to dangle its b*llocks and hope for a remuneration at the end of the day......because that brings with it a degree of personal interest and investment in the trade.

Even the likes of Mr Taylor (and I am not exactly his mate) and yourself must despair when confronted with council ignorance over the most trivial of things?

How can that be right?

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:55 am 

what possible difference does a merge between cit/crt make to any one especially the public :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:57 am 

I could tell you about two aassociation s 100 miles apart both suffering from too many cab s and too few rank spaces.

Who's suffering......errrm drivers, for over ranking.....a week ban if their lucky......maybe 3 month bans in Clacton.

How can that be right....a council issue 100 extra licenses but cant be ars*d to put more rank spaces in.

Thats the f*cking brunt end of it, and I have to deal with it, and when I cant, its MY fault!.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:59 am 

ALI T wrote:
what possible difference does a merge between cit/crt make to any one especially the public :?:

Which is the worse evil? The merger or the undercutting ph?

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:06 am 

captain cab wrote:
ALI T wrote:

Which is the worse evil? The merger or the undercutting ph?

CC

were not undercutting ph we are! believe it or not are going for a fare rise :roll:

if the merger did go ahead it would just be a bigger room with more ego's in it,same shiit only larger.

but aye it would be evil all right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:09 am 

ALI T wrote:
[

were not undercutting ph we are! believe it or not are going for a fare rise :roll:

if the merger did go ahead it would just be a bigger room with more ego's in it,same shiit only larger.

Then you answered your own question.....the trade itself has the power, and TBH the old school is a dying breed.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:21 am 

captain cab wrote:
ALI T wrote:
[

Then you answered your own question.....the trade itself has the power, and TBH the old school is a dying breed.

CC
ignorance is the biggest factor here.
if they cant or wont accept the facts then their is little point in trying to explain,you just end up with what we have now,or worse if dougie ever gets his way.
and got to agree the old school is definately on its way out,but to be replaced with what exactly.....from what ive seen up here at least it appears to be homophobic,racist idiots who's idea of debate and trying to solve matters is "milk and curtains" whatever that means,or calling people of opposing views pedo's.
looks like the futures bright eh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:29 am 

common sense is the answer.
but it seems to be sorely lacking up here.
the truth is the truth and facts are facts if they fail to see whats staring them in the face then their is nothing that can be done.
sad to say but sheeple is a very apt word for them
but its all been tried before.
I've taken the view that if they cant or wont understand it, then i will simply continue to take advantage of the current system until it is no longer worth the bother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:47 am 

ill give you an example of how ignorant the trade reps are up here.

when i went to accept my plates at the council :lol:

also on the agenda was the adoption of final sud report from halcrow,the trade reps had objected to this report,and had hired a math professor from Napier university,and had cut down half the amazon rain forest to try and debunk the survey findings.

now I'm sure you can see the problem here(they obviously couldn't)

after hours of listening to this pash i was asked to comment.

to which i replied "the council either adopt the survey of demand in which case they must grant the licenses.
or they don't adopt the survey findings, in which case they must grant the licenses"

now it may have just been me, but the look on the faces of the trade reps was a picture,because i'm sure they didn't realize until that second that they were actually perilously close to having opened the floodgates on dereg,if the report had not been adopted, and they were paying a fortune to do so.
telk about nearly blowing your own gaff up :lol: :lol:
luckily the council adopted the findings and the plates were granted.
all it needed was for a few councilors not to daes yer telt and it was all over

thats how desperately stupid these ppl are

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:11 am 

captain cab wrote:
I want enough money to keep my family :shock:

Is that singular or plural? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: