Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:20 pm 

Quote:
that is when the DFT de-restricted the licensing of private hire licenses.

PH has NEVER been restricted and is never likely to be either :-|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:32 pm 

MR T wrote:
dagger......Did that drive-by shooting in Crosby have any effect on your work :oops:
Only if I missed out on a Heathrow from the Liver, but probably - no, if they'd have been 10 minutes earlier they may have got me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:34 pm 

toots wrote:
Quote:

Toots your just like my missus - always has to get the last word, now I have ha, don't you do any work anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:03 pm 

dagger wrote:
toots wrote:
Quote:

Toots your just like my missus - always has to get the last word, now I have ha, don't you do any work anyway.

Work is relative to what you need to earn and how much you have already earned. I don't usually work Mondays or Wednesdays. If I can get away with it I only work weekends :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:19 pm 

toots wrote:
Quote:
good by claiming to carry on with the limit of 271 but then increasing the PH even more.

The limit on ph is limitless anyway. Whenever I pass through Sefton area there are HC's all over the place so I wouldn't think an increase was necessary or healthy for that matter. With regards to the situation on the PH side there isn't anything can be done from a licensing point they have to give them a license if they fit the criteria. Perhaps the criteria should be toughened up. Perhaps the reason why so many of the PH loiter around the Liverpool areas for work could be explained by the sheer number of vehicles licenced in Sefton for PH.

The other side to the arguement is that some of those on PH are so because they cannot get a license for HC cos there are none available unless you pay for it. Some will have you believe that it should be a free market for ALL. It is entirely open to debate and opinion as usual :D
Hi My name is Mr Some and I agree with you toots! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:32 pm 

\:D/ I have recently been informed that the survey has been completed... and it found that there was no unmet demand.... it will be placed before the Licensing Committee soon.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:17 am 

MR T wrote:
\:D/ I have recently been informed that the survey has been completed... and it found that there was no unmet demand.... it will be placed before the Licensing Committee soon.....

Same in Brum!!!

\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/
\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:18 am 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
MR T wrote:

Same in Brum!!!

\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/
\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/
Good :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:18 am 

MR T wrote:

Because demand is being met by PH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:25 am 

Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:

Possibly & in Brum it is the result of HCVL restrictions between the 1970's & 1996.

But then we can all be wise after the event.

Now it's gone completely the other way with lines of HCs & PHVs wherever you go.

But the policy keeps the unemployment figures low; artificially IMO.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:34 pm 

Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:

You always try to mix up.... private hire demand and hackney demand..... or do not private hire companies create their own work....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:10 am 

MR T wrote:
Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:

You always try to mix up.... private hire demand and hackney demand..... or do not private hire companies create their own work....

I would hope all PH companies create their own work, but a massive % of that is ex hackney work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:31 pm 

At this evening's meeting of Sefton Council..... it was agreed to retain limiting the number of taxis...... at 271 ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:29 pm 

MR T wrote:
At this evening's meeting of Sefton Council..... it was agreed to retain limiting the number of taxis...... at 271 ..

Good result

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:41 pm 

toots wrote:
MR T wrote:

Good result
:wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next