Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:19 am 

toots wrote:
If he can't make enough money to survive on when he already has a suitable vehicle for PH how on earth is supposed to join a restricted cab trade. Come to think of it how is he supposed to join a de-restricted cab trade?

Well that's my point. :roll: :roll:

Where he works and what side of the trade he works matters not.

If there is no work then there is no work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:42 pm 

Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:
Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:
As for the suicides,.....if you dont see them as a sign of oversupply of taxis then there is no hope for you.

Why do we not see no end of PH drivers suicides in a 100% non-quota system? :?
No just a massive turnover of drivers with clapped out Car's or new ones being repossessed left right and centre...... oh did I forget family credit

Be that as it may, but the point being made is that de-limitation increases the risk that drivers kill themselves.

I ask why that particular illness/outcome hasn't affected the 100% de-limited PH trade?
I may be wrong.. but I don't think anybody is saying that it increases the risk of drivers committing suicide ...... what they're saying is that the Irish government had got it completely wrong..... and still has.... dramatically so... where some drivers feel there is no way out.... and that suicide is the only option.... which personally I'll never understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:03 pm 

Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:
If he can't make enough money to survive on when he already has a suitable vehicle for PH how on earth is supposed to join a restricted cab trade. Come to think of it how is he supposed to join a de-restricted cab trade?

Well that's my point. :roll: :roll:

Where he works and what side of the trade he works matters not.

If there is no work then there is no work.

I would be inclined to agree with in so far as "If there is no work then there is no work", but, there is work. Due to the total hash of de-restriction made by the Irish government the work is too diluted for anybody to make a decent living and some are in no position to change the job they do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:52 pm 

MR T wrote:
a few years ago I attended the funeral of a private hire driver that killed himself by putting a horse in the car... because he couldn't make a living

How did that work then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:27 pm 

grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
a few years ago I attended the funeral of a private hire driver that killed himself by putting a hose in the car... because he couldn't make a living

How did that work then?
They say everybody loves a joker.... I bet you would have gone down great at his funeral... :wink:

have corrected it just for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:41 pm 

MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:
a few years ago I attended the funeral of a private hire driver that killed himself by putting a hose in the car... because he couldn't make a living

How did that work then?
They say everybody loves a joker.... I bet you would have gone down great at his funeral... :wink:

You got to admit, it was quite amusing though :wink:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:45 pm 

captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:
MR T wrote:

How did that work then?

You got to admit, it was quite amusing though :wink:

CC
..F O.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:48 pm 

MR T wrote:
[F O.. :wink:

was it National week and the driver forgot to charge extras? :wink:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:54 pm 

captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:
[F O.. :wink:

was it National week and the driver forgot to charge extras? :wink:

CC
why is it... you can never think of a good horse joke.... when you want one :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:09 am 

Sussex wrote:
I ask why that particular illness/outcome hasn't affected the 100% de-limited PH trade?

Hubby says he disagrees that PH aren't limited. He says they ARE limited except in this case its by the operators. They won't take on more PH drivers than they have work for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:13 am 

Chopsy wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Hubby says he disagrees that PH aren't limited. He says they ARE limited except in this case its by the operators. They won't take on more PH drivers than they have work for.

Well I wish your hubby was right. The operators here don't care about the quantity of the work they care about the quantity of the drivers that they can take £85.00 - £100.00 per week from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:13 am 

Good point! I guess the operators don't have to care as long as they get radio rent?

I'll pass your message on...and add a slap for good measure :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:04 am 

Chopsy wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Your hubby forgets that many PH operate on their own.

Also I think you can count the number of operators not taking vehicles on, due to the state of the trade, on the toes of Long John Silver's wooden leg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:04 pm 

Chopsy wrote:
Good point! I guess the operators don't have to care as long as they get radio rent?

That's a bit harsh innit :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:15 pm 

toots wrote:
Chopsy wrote:

That's a bit harsh innit :lol: :lol:

:lol: You don't know my hubby - I'll take any excuse I can get! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next