Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:06 am 

The 88 Councils who have made a decision to retain quantity control.

1. Aylesbury Vale. Survey by Mouchel 2008. Licensing committee agree to keep 50 restricted plates. Cabinet member agreed September 10th 2009. 57 taxis.

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:40 am 

Thanks mr t so now you tell me if a council has restricted their hackney plates can you go an apply for one from the council or do you buy from an existing owner from 1 of the 50 owners an a price that the plates are valued?

Post subject: Re: a
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:18 am 

bloodnock wrote:
cab 44 wrote:
i no but last year a couple of plate were sold for 90k so i assumed any thing over 80k would do, so wer bouce do u drive an do u private or hackney?

bloody hell............what strange old english dialect is that???

You can talk.

Black kettles come to mind!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject: Re: thanks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:34 am 

cab 44 wrote:
Thanks mr t so now you tell me if a council has restricted their hackney plates can you go an apply for one from the council or do you buy from an existing owner from 1 of the 50 owners an a price that the plates are valued?

The MOST important question at this stage (although you may not think so & might be confused, whereas other on this Forum will be well aware why I ask the question) is;

What is the proportion of WAV to saloon car Hackney Carriages / vehicles in Aylesbury?

This has an enormous bearing on the value of your HC plate & will have an even greater significance in the months to come!!

Also, is your HC a WAV or saloon car?

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject: Re: g
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:40 am 

cab 44 wrote:
how can u apply for a white hackney plate if they are restricted, you can apply for a red hackney plate whick can only ply for hire as a hackney in rural areas in aylesbury they have to ply as private hire an you can check on the survey it will show you aylesbury plates value is 80k

By applying in writing to the council for a free issue Hackney Carriage Vehicle Licence, having first bought a suitable vehicle to be licensed & after they refuse to issue the HCVL, which they should advise in writing & their resons for refusal, then mounting a challenge through the court against their decision.

And the applicant might win & they might loose.

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject: Re: a
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:01 am 

cab 44 wrote:
i have asked drivers but no1 is giving me a serious offer an i am allowed to sell because its my property. if you no any 1 who would be interested in buyin please mail me.

The Hackney Carriage Vehicle Licence is NOT your property!

If it was YOUR property, then your Licensing Authority would not have the power to revoke your HCVL in cases where transgressions of the laws have take place.

A HCVL is issued by a Licensing Authority to a proprietor & usually Conditions of HC Proprietor are attached to the issue of such a licence & Bye-laws are in place for the conduct & regulation of HC drivers.

Also, you CANNOT SELL a HCVL. This implies that you are selling the HCVL on its own, WITHOUT it being attached to a Licensed Hackney Carriage Vehicle. This is clearly illegal & if you do that you run the risk of your HCVL being revoked by your LA. Indeed this has happen in Brum in recent years & one multi-owner had 8 HCVLs revoked in one hit, because he kept them in his office drawer instead of on HCVs. A HCVL is issued by a LA to be on a HC, so that the HC can serve the public. (Instead of the word SELL, you should be using the word TRANSFER, as used in the legislation).

What you can do however, is to transfer your interest in a Licensed Hackney Carriage Vehicle for a consideration which is acceptable to both parties. The HCV & HCVL MUST stay together when the transfer takes place.

Otherwise you risk complications & possible great financial loss.

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject: car
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:12 am 

yes i am selling the plate with a WAV cab (LTI TX2 GOLD) 03 PLATE.

Post subject: Re: car
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:17 am 

cab 44 wrote:
yes i am selling the plate with a WAV cab (LTI TX2 GOLD) 03 PLATE.

Then there's no problem with the transfer.

What about the ratio of WAV Hackneys to saloon Hackneys in your LA?

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject: car
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:58 am 

all the white plate hackneys are WAV in black colour, the red plate hackneys who operate as a hackney in rural areas are WAV in white colour an the private hire saloon cars newer than 2002.

Post subject: Re: car
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:03 pm 

cab 44 wrote:
all the white plate hackneys are WAV in black colour, the red plate hackneys who operate as a hackney in rural areas are WAV in white colour an the private hire saloon cars newer than 2002.

Then you should not be affected by the provisions in the Equality Act 2010 & should eventually be able to transfer your licensed vehicle.

Although what you might achieve for it is debatable & as we are in a long, deep recession & loans for such purchases are virtually non-existant at present, you might not be able to do a deal for a year or three.

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:51 am 

80k!!! Gulp, got a lot of your future riding on that plate :shock: .

Don't want to poor cold water on things in Aylesbury Vale but you talk of black cabs with white plates for the town and white cabs with red plates for the sticks, well, I had a judicial review over this same thing. "A council cannot limit where a hackney can work within it's area". Therefore, zoning is against the law. I successfully used the cases provided to me by JD before his untimely demise.

For a crumb of comfort I lost an appeal over the SUD being out of date. The council only have to say they intend to get another one done some time in the future . :? . The judge refused them their costs though :lol: .

Post subject: Restricted taxi numbers
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:03 pm 

i recently challenged the council in my area where there was a limit of 50 hackneys and i won if you dont ask you dont get.As for SUDs they have to be current and up to date as per period of time stipulated by council.If no current survey is in operation ie time barred most judges would regard that as not being proof enough to suggest there was no unmet demand.Do your homework first. .

Post subject: Area
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:22 pm 

Can you tell us what area?

Post subject: Re: Area
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:53 pm 

tom2907 wrote:
Can you tell us what area?

Are you thinking of applying? :roll: :roll:

Post subject: successful sale
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:25 am 

just to let u all know is that i have sold the licence with my tx2 last month to a existing owner now he has 5 hackneys, the good thing is that i still drive it as i am driving for who i sold it to for the past 2weeks i have been earning 1300 a week total, 50% mine 50% to my boss all feul an expenses are his, so now we both are happy i have now 80k in my pocket and a decent wage my boss now has 5 hackneys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next