Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:03 pm 

They get a say in what they want it goes to votes.The directors are usually drivers anyone can put forward to be one if they choose.Like i say its your choice nobody is forcing you to go on these companys.I dont for one, but lots of my collegues are.The word scam doesnt come into it,again you seem to be very judgemental on something you know little about.Its a little like buying a franchise dont you think,your paying into the brand and they have survived long enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:36 pm 

Quote:
surely the "smart money" will go to the non-share bases?

What's smart about paying money and having no say in how the company is run or getting any divvy back at the end of the financial year. That's the same as renting a house it's dead money, you'll never see any of it back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:44 pm 

know what you mean.Its all choice some people choose to rent be it hackney or ph,but its obviously a different game here. Thing is the better companys have the better work and that costs money,advertising ect ect.You could go on to some and be doing the food jobs and the like or you pay and get betterstandards of work.Been on quite a few myself and theres big differences

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:17 pm 

blackpool wrote:
They get a say in what they want it goes to votes.The directors are usually drivers anyone can put forward to be one if they choose.Like i say its your choice nobody is forcing you to go on these companys.I dont for one, but lots of my collegues are.The word scam doesnt come into it,again you seem to be very judgemental on something you know little about.Its a little like buying a franchise dont you think,your paying into the brand and they have survived long enough.

to be a director requires notification of company house, not just "choice"

taxi drivers running thier own circuit? that will never catch on, not if you mean actually running it and having a say at board level

these things are invariably for the benefit of a very few

BTW, when you you buy a franchise you (usually) want your own area, i see nothing select in just parking up in a line or calling clear for the next job.

rent yes, buy shares?......lol.......as if.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:08 pm 

There you go again with your wealth of knowledge.Ha ha ha..Quite a few of these firms have been going over 30 years but i guessed youd know better ?
from you.
BTW, when you you buy a franchise you (usually) want your own area, i see nothing select in just parking up in a line or calling clear for the next job

Dont really get what you mean?mind you i dont think you do most of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:13 pm 

blackpool wrote:
There you go again with your wealth of knowledge.Ha ha ha..Quite a few of these firms have been going over 30 years but i guessed youd know better ?
from you.
BTW, when you you buy a franchise you (usually) want your own area, i see nothing select in just parking up in a line or calling clear for the next job

Dont really get what you mean?mind you i dont think you do most of the time.

you dont get quite a few things

help is available

www.help-for-the-challenged.org.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:11 pm 

taxi drivers running thier
Quote:
own circuit? that will never catch on, not if you mean actually running it and having a say at board level

Have you lost the plot, what do you think co-operatives are and there's plenty of them about

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:17 pm 

toots wrote:
taxi drivers running thier
Quote:
own circuit? that will never catch on, not if you mean actually running it and having a say at board level

Have you lost the plot, what do you think co-operatives are and there's plenty of them about

and each driver has equal dibs on the day to day policy of those TOAs then?....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:24 pm 

Personal experience:

Our company has 38 shareholders, 32 non-shareholders. We have an AGM every year where questions are asked and answers given. There is an election at that AGM for those who wish to join the 'committee' of 5 directors. There are sometimes defeats or retirements.

We don't issue more shares, instead trading shares when someone wishes to leave. Going rate £1000-£1500.

Radio fees (settle?)- £350pcm share; £98pw non-share. 100% HC - Saloon & WAV.

We are the largest company in the borough; the large majority having an interest in the health of the company.

For my sins, I am company secretary.

I am aware of another member on here who holds the same position as me in a company that runs on similar lines in a nearby borough who are also very successful.

If the drivers have a stake and a voice, everyone pulls together and supports the overall aims.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:27 pm 

Thank god someone else understands , thought i was the only one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:37 pm 

cabbyman wrote:
Personal experience:

Our company has 38 shareholders, 32 non-shareholders. We have an AGM every year where questions are asked and answers given. There is an election at that AGM for those who wish to join the 'committee' of 5 directors. There are sometimes defeats or retirements.

We don't issue more shares, instead trading shares when someone wishes to leave. Going rate £1000-£1500.

Radio fees (settle?)- £350pcm share; £98pw non-share. 100% HC - Saloon & WAV.

We are the largest company in the borough; the large majority having an interest in the health of the company.

For my sins, I am company secretary.

I am aware of another member on here who holds the same position as me in a company that runs on similar lines in a nearby borough who are also very successful.

If the drivers have a stake and a voice, everyone pulls together and supports the overall aims.

with very few amendments (mainly numerical), I could have written that. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:49 pm 

If its so good why has the sale of shares ceased?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:01 pm 

For some reason, that pre-dates me, the maximum share issue was 38.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:25 pm 

Why keep putting on more cars when theres only so much work,thats why you pay to go into the company.We do have firms here where anyone can go on if they stump up xx amount a week, no subs,no work simples .Even for you.. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:18 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Why keep putting on more cars when theres only so much work,thats why you pay to go into the company.We do have firms here where anyone can go on if they stump up xx amount a week, no subs,no work simples .Even for you.. :lol:

most companies will take the next 1000 "victims" who roll up regardless, its like taking candy off a baby, they are desperate people, at least the PH fleets expand to thier maximum and level off (depending on drivers income needs), i suppose once someone has bought a HC plate on the black market in a regulated LA they have no choice but to scrabble for any work that may (or may not) be going

i may start selling shares at £5K a pop and £100 a week rent, sounds a good craick

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next