Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:40 pm 

Funny why those who think restricted numbers and the market for their, ahem, 'business' is the best thing since sliced bread are always a bit shy when it comes to discussing actual values :-$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:02 pm 

blackpool wrote:
ive no interest getting a plate for free that would be hipocritical of me wouldnt it ?

Yeah right. :roll: :roll:

Here is a free hackney plate for you Mr Blackpool, says the council.

No I'm not interested council, please give it to someone else more worthy than I, says Mr Blackpool. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:07 pm 

:lol:

A bit like Reggie in Edinburgh, who said he wasn't interested in selling his plate.

Until pressed, that is, when he revealed he'd be giving it to his son :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:04 pm 

Boys boys dont get exited ive got a plate, so ive got a job why do i want to ask for another.That would make me like you wanting something for nothing.As for being shy at discussing values was it not you who said there is no value the council own it.Make your mind up !It becomes tiresome hearing the same old thing try another angle such as why would a ph be worth money here ?Does that bother you aswell :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:15 pm 

I think the number of hackney plates shouldnt exceed the number of ranks spaces in any area and 1st plates should only go on WAV vehicles no older than 3 years (maximum age allowed to operate should be 12 years) and hacks shouldnt be allowed to be on circuits either*, but PH shouldnt be restricted in numbers or any operating restrictions.

*ranks and ply for hire only

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:25 pm 

[quote="wannabeeahack"]I think the number of hackney plates shouldnt exceed the number of ranks spaces in any area and 1st plates should only go on WAV vehicles no older than 3 years (maximum age allowed to operate should be 12 years) and hacks shouldnt be allowed to be on circuits either*, but PH shouldnt be restricted in numbers or any operating restrictions.

Wanabee, hate to say it but not a bad idea.But waht would happen to the majority of places where theres more hc than rank space would they take plated back ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:26 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
I think the number of hackney plates shouldnt exceed the number of ranks spaces in any area and 1st plates should only go on WAV vehicles no older than 3 years (maximum age allowed to operate should be 12 years) and hacks shouldnt be allowed to be on circuits either*, but PH shouldnt be restricted in numbers or any operating restrictions.

1. Your going to need an awful lot of space freed up to make ranks when you are king of the castle!

2. LTC or LTI (whatever they are called this week) will support you on the age restrictions.

3. Hackney drivers will instantly form "illegal" (in your opinion) circuits using the Zingo or Taxi Call models.

4. Your own lifting of restrictions on PH would tend to supply the answer for which side of the fence you are on.

"wannabeeahack for president" - no thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm 

Chris i dont want to be president of whatever you are thanks.So you carry on with waht you do and i will me :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:49 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:

No even of Tunisia?

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:59 am 

blackpool wrote:
Chris i dont want to be president of whatever you are thanks.So you carry on with waht you do and i will me :wink:

He didn't suggest you did :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:07 am 

Chris the Fish wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

1. Your going to need an awful lot of space freed up to make ranks when you are king of the castle!
you can be queen
(wont need much when ive whittled the numbers down with £5K/yr plates)

2. LTC or LTI (whatever they are called this week) will support you on the age restrictions.
they will have to bung me well

3. Hackney drivers will instantly form "illegal" (in your opinion) circuits using the Zingo or Taxi Call models.
euthanasia

4. Your own lifting of restrictions on PH would tend to supply the answer for which side of the fence you are on.
i can be either here, its a "free trade zone"

nope, emporer sounds much better

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6