Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:47 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Wanabee i know what you mean,and agree on a few points but thats the way it is.The majority of people who own plates drive the vehicle as a buisness themselves and employ drivers or else put a vehicle on and employ day and night drivers.There is a few that rent the plates out is this what you dont like ? If it is i wont mention it again ok :lol:

im not fussed what you do, id love to hear someone who thought they could rent a plate out then they lost it whinge......tough, you had a plate to use on a vehicle mate, not cream it after

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:00 pm 

Well why would you LOVE to hear that ? whats in it for you ? Nothing, so thats all ok.As i said before it works here so thats all that matters.Have you ever thought about the people that rent plates, wether they would like deristriction ?I think youd be suprised,no hackneys that i know want it its mostly ph.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:06 pm 

sasha wrote:We're all cab drivers and neither are any of us Bill Gates, yet everyone else but you seems to manage to post ok.

Sasha i dont need your help thanks,by the way do you work here in backpool and if so for which company ?Im just curious from your earlier negative comments about hackneys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:55 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Well why would you LOVE to hear that ? whats in it for you ? Nothing, so thats all ok.As i said before it works here so thats all that matters.Have you ever thought about the people that rent plates, wether they would like deristriction ?I think youd be suprised,no hackneys that i know want it its mostly ph.

restricting hacks while not restricting PH encoourages PH numbers to grow, so your getting steadily more and more outnumbered, your not on a circuits of any kind so you dont get account work?, but PH will, mines £600 a week and i dont work nights/pubs/ranks and dont rent a plate, any cash work is at my discretion, it isnt all I do, i also take panic courier jobs, cos im at the end of a phone, not sat on the rank......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:36 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Have you ever thought about the people that rent plates, wether they would like deristriction ?I think youd be suprised

So they pay £100 plus per week to hire a plate illegally, put their car in someone else's name, use someone else's name on all the documentation and you think they'd prefer that to getting a free plate legitimately from the council? :roll:

Perhaps the reason you think no one objects is because the plate cartel has them by the bullocks so they don't want to be blackballed. What they say openly isn't necessarily the same as what they think, and indeed I think you know that, but it suits your case to suggest otherwise.

Of course, if after illegally hiring the plate the council hands it to them on a plate - as in York - then, yes, they might prefer restriction, but that's the good old drawbridge mentality, innit - pull it up when on the inside :lol:

I think you'd be surprised :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:44 pm 

restricting hacks while not restricting PH encoourages PH numbers to grow, so your getting steadily more and more outnumbered, your not on a circuits of any kind so you dont get account work?, but PH will, mines £600 a week and i dont work nights/pubs/ranks and dont rent a plate, any cash work is at my discretion, it isnt all I do, i also take panic courier jobs, cos im at the end of a phone, not sat on the rank......[/quote]

So its better for you why are you bothered then ! What is it with worrying about me sat on a rank,honestly im ok :lol: You do your 600 pounds a week and your other work and ill do my sitting on a rank :lol: Personally i never discuss what i take,nothing worse than other cabbies saying oh i took x amount last night i find it boring.as for plate cartels and the like i think mr caledonian has been watching to many episodes of the sopranos !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:57 pm 

blackpool wrote:
as for plate cartels and the like i think mr caledonian has been watching to many episodes of the sopranos !

"A distinction is sometimes drawn between public and private cartels, though there is no evidence that Public Cartels are less harmful to the general good, and being Government backed they are much more effective and hence potentially harmful. In the case of public cartels, the government may establish and enforce the rules relating to prices, output and other such matters" :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:16 pm 

I know the meaning thanks but im afraid your getting carried away with yourself.You seem to know a awfull lot about the blackpool taxi trade,i never mentioned prices yet you presume to know.A plate is only worth what your willing to pay.Theres no set price if someone wants out you might get one cheap.I never mentioned figures of 35 or 40 grand as was mentioned on here.So as for public cartels ? please get over it .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:00 pm 

blackpool wrote:
.I never mentioned figures of 35 or 40 grand as was mentioned on here.

I know that, it was Halcrow's figures, and you're not doubting the surveyors, surely :D

And a nifty bit of research by Captain Cab =D> ....although I doubt if he'll thank me for thanking him :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:01 pm 

Caledonian Cabbie wrote:
blackpool wrote:
.I never mentioned figures of 35 or 40 grand as was mentioned on here.

I know that, it was Halcrow's figures, and you're not doubting the surveyors, surely :D

And a nifty bit of research by Captain Cab =D> ....although I doubt if he'll thank me for thanking him :lol:

I thought I better follow your example. :lol:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:11 pm 

Gotta be honest it just proves how much you really know :lol: The blind man following the sheep comes to mind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:21 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Gotta be honest it just proves how much you really know :lol: The blind man following the sheep comes to mind

So Halcrow got it wrong.

What is your plate premium then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:28 pm 

Sussex wrote:
So Halcrow got it wrong.

What is your plate premium then?

Are we following the faulty survey, take them to court, grab a plate routine? :lol:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:37 pm 

ive no interest getting a plate for free that would be hipocritical of me wouldnt it ? When was the last halcrow report ?,could it be out of date regarding its estimate of plate prices ? I said before i dont discuss what i earn or what things are worth on a public forum.But interesting views from outsiders.CC nothing against you personally but do you represent anyone here in blackpool ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:38 pm 

ive no interest getting a plate for free that would be hipocritical of me wouldnt it ? When was the last halcrow report ?,could it be out of date regarding its estimate of plate prices ? I said before i dont discuss what i earn or what things are worth on a public forum.But interesting views from outsiders.CC nothing against you personally but do you represent anyone here in blackpool ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next