Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:27 pm 

According to those not in the know, the Select Committee is going to be the end of old OFT.

Now I believe that to be plain daft, but if that is the case, then why would the North-Western Taxi Association join the scare-monger brigade?

In Feb's PHM, it's secretary is quoted as saying;
"At the moment, all cab drivers have to be police checked, but with deregulation, the authorities don't know if they are sex offenders or rapists or anything like that".

Now who, apart from the scare-mongers, would mention deregulation?

And if they are so cock-sure, why scare-monger? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:47 pm 

i agree, the scare tactics employed are only employed by the desperate, the comment is hardly surprising coming from the person it did.

using big words and bully boy style tactics to gain plaudits will win over the uneducated minority in both the hack and private hire trades, but if put under scrutany it simply doesnt hold up.

statements such as that are blatent lies, the local authorities should enusre that the people responsible for spreading lies and untruths are brought to book.

Both trades are CRB checked in the same manner, the only reason it looks like rogues are in the private hire trade is purely because of the disproportionate numbers (higher number of private hire is bound to mean a higher number of rogues, the reverse would be applied if hacks outnumbered PH)

i think people should be made aware of any hidden agendas these people have.

your answer to why that association have joined the scaremonger camp is simple, they have more to lose than most.

regards, with a dislike of hypocrits

Captain Cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:44 am 
captain cab wrote:
i agree, the scare tactics employed are only employed by the desperate, the comment is hardly surprising coming from the person it did.

using big words and bully boy style tactics to gain plaudits will win over the uneducated minority in both the hack and private hire trades, but if put under scrutany it simply doesnt hold up.

statements such as that are blatent lies, the local authorities should enusre that the people responsible for spreading lies and untruths are brought to book.

Both trades are CRB checked in the same manner, the only reason it looks like rogues are in the private hire trade is purely because of the disproportionate numbers (higher number of private hire is bound to mean a higher number of rogues, the reverse would be applied if hacks outnumbered PH)

your answer to why that association have joined the scaremonger camp is simple, they have more to lose than most.

Captain Cab

Well I cannot yet see what anyone has to loose.

as for the lie private hire monthly is full of them they make the industry a laughing stock.

short sighted, narrow minded whippersnappers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:29 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
captain cab wrote:

Captain Cab

Well I cannot yet see what anyone has to loose.

as for the lie private hire monthly is full of them they make the industry a laughing stock.

short sighted, narrow minded whippersnappers

Who make money out of the trade, who are run by a bunch of no-hopers from little offices in Manchester.