Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:00 am 

Anonymous wrote:
How can it be wrong Sussex, I asked for examples.

What didn't the T&G tell its members in the Wirral?
What didn't the NTA tell its members in Castlepoint?
What didn't the TOA tell its members in Dundee?

What lies were told?
Where these lies passed on from the relevant authorities?
Was it members who complained or was it other drivers in the relevant areas complaining about the unions activity?

What evidence do you have to substanciate your allegations against each of the groups you mention?

Come on Sussex, play the game mate, it sounds to me like your only reading what you want to read again.

They told them they would win, they told them they had a good case, they told them they would be victorious.

They were taken up to the top of the hill, and then left high and dry.

Do you read CTN, cos if you did then you would see the rallying calls for these failed legal actions.

Wirral in excess of £50,000.
Castlepoint I'm not sure, but I would estimate not far off Wirral.
Dundee even without the current action, between £30,000 and £50,000.

But hey, as it's now out of sight, it's now out of mind. Or in the T&G's instance, out of CTN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:26 pm 

So SM, is it fair to say that your not the T&G's biggest fan? :wink:

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:30 am 
Do you seriously expect us to believe that when the T&G or any other group decides upon any sort of legal battle they enter into it without gathering enough evidence to form as good a case for their arguments as possible.
Do you also think that any members would be nieve enough that they wouldn't consider their case being ruled against.

I don't know SM the lengths you will go to to promote confusion hold no bounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:24 am 
Sussex Man wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
How can it be wrong Sussex, I asked for examples.

What didn't the T&G tell its members in the Wirral?
What didn't the NTA tell its members in Castlepoint?
What didn't the TOA tell its members in Dundee?

What lies were told?
Where these lies passed on from the relevant authorities?
Was it members who complained or was it other drivers in the relevant areas complaining about the unions activity?

What evidence do you have to substanciate your allegations against each of the groups you mention?

Come on Sussex, play the game mate, it sounds to me like your only reading what you want to read again.

They told them they would win, they told them they had a good case, they told them they would be victorious.

They were taken up to the top of the hill, and then left high and dry.

Do you read CTN, cos if you did then you would see the rallying calls for these failed legal actions.

Wirral in excess of £50,000.
Castlepoint I'm not sure, but I would estimate not far off Wirral.
Dundee even without the current action, between £30,000 and £50,000.

But hey, as it's now out of sight, it's now out of mind. Or in the T&G's instance, out of CTN.

Sussex there is no evidence that Wirral was a t and g case, more like a t and g steward that went on his own bosting that they all backed him,

and that landed them in the [edited by admin], but no I dont think Wirral was a t and g case at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:28 am 

Anonymous wrote:
Do you seriously expect us to believe that when the T&G or any other group decides upon any sort of legal battle they enter into it without gathering enough evidence to form as good a case for their arguments as possible.
Do you also think that any members would be nieve enough that they wouldn't consider their case being ruled against.

Well from experience, and the evidence, yes.

The members have either been poorly led, poorly advised, possibly both.

The easiest thing a union can do, is flag wave to get new members to their lost cause. The T&G are experts at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:31 am 

Anonymous wrote:
Sussex there is no evidence that Wirral was a t and g case, more like a t and g steward that went on his own bosting that they all backed him,

and that landed them in the [edited by admin], but no I dont think Wirral was a t and g case at all.

Yes, he was a shop steward which gives us a slight clue as to where he got his advice and finance.

Apart from that it was in all the editions, at the time, of CTN saying the union is fighting back.

Don't read about it now though. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:24 am 
Sussex Man wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

If there is a local branch in such areas the T&G will back its representatives who decide to form a protest.

If there is a T&G steward in Wirral then there is a T&G branch and I would expect that the CTN articles reported the branch activity.

When a case is lost, and more are probably lost than won, people look for a scapegoat and in the case of Wirral the T&G fitted the bill quite nicely for the other local groups.

I must also point out that CTN publishes reports sent into them, they have no full time reporters, maybe the lack of reaction from Wirral is due to the fact that no-one from Wirral has sent in any articles concerning events following their actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:44 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
I must also point out that CTN publishes reports sent into them, they have no full time reporters, maybe the lack of reaction from Wirral is due to the fact that no-one from Wirral has sent in any articles concerning events following their actions.

I'm afraid that's the problem with CTN.

Those that send in up-dates try to out do each other in the 'slag off the PH trade' stakes.
Including the pratt in the latest edition from Edinburgh, who states that all PH trade does, is run drugs.

Whereas that pratt face just takes them. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:20 am 
Sussex Man wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

I'm afraid that's the problem with CTN.

Those that send in up-dates try to out do each other in the 'slag off the PH trade' stakes.
Including the pratt in the latest edition from Edinburgh, who states that all PH trade does, is run drugs.

Whereas that pratt face just takes them. :?

but thats exactly what they do in many cities!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:45 pm 

Anonymous wrote:

Which sums up exactly what you know about the PH trade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:02 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Which sums up exactly what you know about the PH trade.

Well, well, well,
you sound like the lad from soham, you are sounding over dismissave surely Sussex I have not hit a raw nerve?

Surely you are not one of them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 pm 

Anonymous wrote:

Well to you I'm most things, so if it makes you feel better, then as it's Xmas, add it to the list.

However you do yourself a big disservice, by agreeing with the idiot in CTN, that says all PH are drug runners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:25 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Well to you I'm most things, so if it makes you feel better, then as it's Xmas, add it to the list.

However you do yourself a big disservice, by agreeing with the idiot in CTN, that says all PH are drug runners.

did not say they all were Sussex,this is one of those cases where there are too extremes between you two, you are twisting again what is actualy said.

though I do believe in many cities the taxi barrons and the drug barrons are the same people.

and in Scotland its different? sussex you are embarassed with the facts, hey dont blame me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 3:47 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
did not say they all were Sussex,this is one of those cases where there are too extremes between you two, you are twisting again what is actually said.

though I do believe in many cities the taxi barrons and the drug barrons are the same people.

and in Scotland its different? sussex you are embarassed with the facts, hey dont blame me!

Perhaps if you read my original post properly, then you would have seen that I took issue with a dick-head from Edinburgh's view that all PH drivers were drug runners.

You then said it was done that way in many cities.

That is just so stupid and sweeping, that it merely confirms your flawed knowledge of the licensed PH trade.

If you was a drug dealer, what would be the best way to distribute your wares?

Would it be by a licensed PH operator and vehicle, which would have a log of every run? or;
Would it be by a licensed HC vehicle from a rank, with no log of every run? or;
Would it be by an ordinary non-HC/PH vehicle, with no records?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:37 am 
Sussex Man wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
did not say they all were Sussex,this is one of those cases where there are too extremes between you two, you are twisting again what is actually said.

Perhaps if you read my original post properly, then you would have seen that I took issue with a dick-head from Edinburgh's view that all PH drivers were drug runners.

You then said it was done that way in many cities.

That is just so stupid and sweeping, that it merely confirms your flawed knowledge of the licensed PH trade.

If you was a drug dealer, what would be the best way to distribute your wares?

Would it be by a licensed PH operator and vehicle, which would have a log of every run? or;
Would it be by a licensed HC vehicle from a rank, with no log of every run? or;
Would it be by an ordinary non-HC/PH vehicle, with no records?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :?

Sussex,
you seem as if you have to speak up fot this damn trade and knock taxis at every turn, I stand by what I said and support him.

its about time you stopped this bullying its getting rhidiculous, now you are trying to think like a drug dealer you are unbelievable

what the man from the scottish capital said was probably right, your insults and lack of and insite to these matters are appauling, now Sussex proove him wrong or stop acting the idiot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next