Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:23 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
It is your belief that de-regulation is the best way forward that we are challenging.

My view is that it will happen. From a PH perspective I'm not sure how I will be worse off, as currently I do no path work, so what will I lose?

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
In your manor it works at the moment because of high entry standards.

But the Law Commission want a 'de-regulatory framework' and I think that not only means numbers, but the abolition of standards and loops that currently have to be jumped through.

I doubt the Law Commission will come out with maximum standards, more likely minimum standards.

So providing councillors are briefed about the value of quality, then I will have no problem sleeping properly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:32 pm 

Well I agree with much of what you and Brummers say, but as regards what way it will go I don't really know.

I mean, as regards standards all the OFT came up with was that they should be 'proportionate', which of course really helped clarify things, and the DfT's best practice was similarly vague, and thus could be construed whichever way an LA wanted to make its case or could be completely ignored, thus in essence largely a waste of time.

I've given up trying influence or even second guess officialdom, so what precisely will happen I don't know, but I can't really see it affecting myself much anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:23 pm 

Dusty Bin wrote:

I thought that was Sefton :roll:

ouch....a tad touchy methinks.

CC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:09 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Dusty Bin wrote:

I thought that was Sefton :roll:

ouch....a tad touchy methinks.

CC

How do you know if Mr T hasn't even responded?

Or has he been moaning to you in a PM? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:14 am 
Bottom line is MR Sussex has underestimated the approaching tide, when that tide hits, the West Pier will look like a nuclear bunker, and in a way it'll look like one man's ignorance helped it happen, but o'course we knew that already, but folks like him had to insist it happened.

Mark, is is it true you are part of the "justice" system?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:56 am 

Doom wrote:
Bottom line is MR Sussex has underestimated the approaching tide, when that tide hits, the West Pier will look like a nuclear bunker, and in a way it'll look like one man's ignorance helped it happen, but o'course we knew that already, but folks like him had to insist it happened.

Just because in your manor there are people sitting around all day moaning about just about everything, doesn't mean that's universal.

If there is a tide it's a tide of raising standards, and that tide has been coming in for many years.

Please don't tar us all with the inefficiencies and general laziness of your local trade. [-X