Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:15 pm 

grandad wrote:
captain cab wrote:
“Hackney cabs have been joined by private hire drivers who don’t want deregulation either, even though they would be the ones to benefit from it.”

How are PH going to benefit from deregulation apart from being able to change to Hackney? And why do they keep calling it deregulation when it is derestriction?

Because when licensing authorities derestrict, everything goes to b*llox, work become sh*t, drivers start crapping themselves [literally] trying to make ends meet and keeping up with the mortgage, so in a way they really are deregulated, if you see what I mean!!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:02 pm 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:
captain cab wrote:
“Hackney cabs have been joined by private hire drivers who don’t want deregulation either, even though they would be the ones to benefit from it.”

How are PH going to benefit from deregulation apart from being able to change to Hackney? And why do they keep calling it deregulation when it is de restriction?

I suspect the PH operators really don't want the big D.

Drivers having options is the last thing they want. :sad:

Before we were derestricted/deregulated there wasn't any hackneys on the ph systems but now there isn't enough work on the road so for several years now they have joined ph companies. The only time the companies here would worry is if they ever allowed saloon taxis. That's real choice for a driver instead of this artificial financial restriction that is imposed in some areas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:46 pm 
Councillor John Blackie, leader of Richmondshire District Council, said: “There is no evidence that deregulation will lead to Richmond being flooded with cars – when Hambleton deregulated there was no change to the number of cars operating but it did mean that people could get a car when they need one.

Am I the only one who can see another liar in office here, read on from when Hambleton........

So there was no more cars but people could now get a cab from the existing numbers when they couldn't before? =D>

Is this a Liberal Dickhangout council by any chance?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:33 am 

Doom wrote:
Councillor John Blackie, leader of Richmondshire District Council, said: “There is no evidence that deregulation will lead to Richmond being flooded with cars – when Hambleton deregulated there was no change to the number of cars operating but it did mean that people could get a car when they need one.

Am I the only one who can see another liar in office here, read on from when Hambleton........

So there was no more cars but people could now get a cab from the existing numbers when they couldn't before? =D>

Yes, but no more silly than the usual argument about more cars meaning it's more difficult for people to get a car when they need one :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:41 am 
Dusty Bin wrote:
Doom wrote:

Yes, but no more silly than the usual argument about more cars meaning it's more difficult for people to get a car when they need one :lol:

I agree there DB, saturation never means can't get a car, although saturation where it becomes a financial liability does mean you lose the quality driver as he's smart enough to leave the game, and what replaces him isn't in the public interest, nor is the bucket he will license either.