Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:09 am 

Doom wrote:
He thinks 30k is a lot of money for a business,

How many licensed drivers do you know that can put their hands on £30,000 in a short period of time?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:13 am 

How many licensed drivers do you know that can put their hands on £30,000 in a short period of time ?

Why does it have to be a short period of time ? Whatever buisness you want in on costs money,whats your point exactly ? Sorry you havent got one :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:20 pm 

Doom wrote:

Er, not really, but I do think it's a lot of money for a piece of plastic issued by a local authority for an administration fee.

Doom, tell me what kind of car you drive, it's age and mileage, and I'll look up Glass's Guide and tell you how much your 'business' is worth, as opposed to your share in the cartel.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:35 pm 

Sussex wrote:
blackpool wrote:
I havent heard you come out with one valid point for de reg,

Freedom of choice for licensed drivers.

So apart from that one give him another one. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:38 pm 

Dusty Bin wrote:
Doom wrote:

Er, not really, but I do think it's a lot of money for a piece of plastic issued by a local authority for an administration fee.

Doom, tell me what kind of car you drive, it's age and mileage, and I'll look up Glass's Guide and tell you how much your 'business' is worth, as opposed to your share in the cartel.

Surely it's the customer base that adds value to the business and not just the vehicle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:04 pm 

Cartels ,plate barons,worthless pieces of plastic changing hands for 100 of thousands of pounds what a fascinating place you live in :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:27 pm 
blackpool wrote:
Cartels ,plate barons,worthless pieces of plastic changing hands for 100 of thousands of pounds what a fascinating place you live in :roll:

Yeah, he makes a cab license sound like a million dollar drug deal doesn't he, Cabbie Vice starring Dusty & Sussex as Crooked & Touts. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:30 pm 

If only it was so exiting,everyone would want one.......

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:34 pm 
blackpool wrote:
If only it was so exiting,everyone would want one.......

I think they do tbh, and if they want excitement they only need to pick up a beer fuelled coke sniffer at 1am, not sure Sussex and Dusty have the ring piece to be cabbies at that time of the day though, normally tucked up in bed with their hot chocolate and iPads telling the net world how bad those nasty hackney drivers are.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:45 pm 

Dusty Bin wrote:
Great response from gusmac in this thead, by the way. Thought he'd gone very quiet on restricted numbers since the issue of re-restricting Aberdeen reared its head in the spring, but he's clearly back with avengence =D>

Just can't be arsed having the same old arguments with the same old people who are either so myopic they can't see past the end of their bonnet, or are too busy protecting their own interests to actually give a toss about the rest of the trade.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:04 pm 

Just can't be arsed having the same old arguments with the same old people who are either so myopic they can't see past the end of their bonnet, or are too busy protecting their own interests to actually give a toss about the rest of the trade. Dont then !

How come theres so many on here not into taxis for making a living or money.Oh no your just in it to help the rest arent you,im not that shortsighted mate whoops sorry myopic.I really admire your honesty .......

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:25 pm 

mr magoo from blackpool wrote:
gusmac wrote:
Just can't be arsed having the same old arguments with the same old people who are either so myopic they can't see past the end of their bonnet, or are too busy protecting their own interests to actually give a toss about the rest of the trade.
Dont then !

How come theres so many on here not into taxis for making a living or money.Oh no your just in it to help the rest arent you,im not that shortsighted mate whoops sorry myopic.I really admire your honesty .......

No, i'm in it for the money, same as everyone else.
I believe that is best done by improving the trade for everyone, not setting everyone against everyone else and reducing it to the lowest common denominator.

I do admire your honesty. No pretence of looking after the interests of drivers or improving the trade you all work in.
Just you versus everyone else. Dog eat dog.
Class 8)

CC, Doom, Mr T et al - care to join in with all this new found honesty?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 pm 

Dont really know if im dog eat dog thanks.do i care about my fellow drivers ? Well certainly some of them.But your missing the point aswell,i dont want more taxis its easy if you try and think about it i.e more taxis less work.Drivers? Mine is very happy with his set up ,if he wasnt he would go somewhere else.theres plenty of drives .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:31 pm 

blackpool wrote:
i dont want more taxis its easy if you try and think about it i.e more taxis less work.

You don't want more taxis because it would give your renting driver more chance of a better deal, or the chance to be truly self employed.

Quote:
Drivers? Mine is very happy with his set up ,if he wasnt he would go somewhere else.theres plenty of drives .

Exploited by you or exploited by someone else. Some choice.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:56 pm 

Afraid not my driver has plenty of drives which to choose from . You obviously know very little of how it works here or what rents are ect. So for all your smart answers you really know feck all,suprising ?no just odd why your interested.Maybe stick with the cant be arsed it suits you more :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next