Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: benefits?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:38 pm 

What are the benefits of deregulations?
What are the benefits of a restricted LA
What do the council get out of deregulations if drivers are struggling to make a living in small restricted towns why do council deregulate as they think it will have more cars on the road and public could easily obtain a taxi WRONG
In restricted LAs taxis are mostly double shifted and even in some triple shifted so meaning taxi will be on road nearly 24hrs a day but when deregulated [edited by admin] disappear every taxi is driven by owner only 1shift and in most demanded times eg weekends after midnight not many taxis are available in deregulated areas as driver been on road in morning and taxis are parked up but in limited areas there's the 2nd or 3rd shifts drivers on the road so Imo deregulations arnt a good thing.

Post subject: Re: benefits?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:21 pm 

jack351 wrote:
In restricted LAs taxis are mostly double shifted and even in some triple shifted so meaning taxi will be on road nearly 24hrs a day but when deregulated [edited by admin] disappear every taxi is driven by owner only 1shift and in most demanded times eg weekends after midnight not many taxis are available in deregulated areas as driver been on road in morning and taxis are parked up but in limited areas there's the 2nd or 3rd shifts drivers on the road so Imo deregulations arnt a good thing.

So deregulation leads to fewer cabs? :?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:37 pm 

Well there you have it, all those that complain deregulation leads to millions of cabs on the road are wrong...there less =D>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:40 pm 

jack351 wrote:
when deregulated [edited by admin] disappear every taxi is driven by owner only 1shift and in most demanded times eg weekends after midnight not many taxis are available in deregulated areas as driver been on road in morning and taxis are parked up but in limited areas there's the 2nd or 3rd shifts drivers on the road so Imo deregulations arnt a good thing.

So the night drivers in 'deregulated' areas will be making more than those in regulated areas?

Don't all rush at once....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:47 pm 

look at this
Deregulated area no 2nd 3rd shift drivers one owner who drives his vehicle who starts friday saturday morning 6am you think hell be available at 4am 5am friday saturday night no hell be tucked in bed sleeping to wake up for his 6am shift
Limited area 1st driver starts 6am when finished his shift 2nd shift driver will come on road and seeing he needs to make a wage hel still be on road after midnight even during the week when quiet even if after midnight during week his doing 1-2 fares a houre he will still stay on as those 1-2 fares a houre will make up his wage so as you see it deregulations isn't good after all
I used to work northampton which is deregulated come into the centre after 2am you'll see no cabs on rank
Well as oldham where i worked aswell there's always the 2nd shift drivers on rank even when there's less demand.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:49 pm 

taxeman wrote:
Well there you have it, all those that complain deregulation leads to millions of cabs on the road are wrong...there less =D>

Yep your right mate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:55 am 

Isn't April fools day next week?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:14 am 

jack351 wrote:
look at this
Deregulated area no 2nd 3rd shift drivers one owner who drives his vehicle who starts friday saturday morning 6am you think hell be available at 4am 5am friday saturday night no hell be tucked in bed sleeping to wake up for his 6am shift
Limited area 1st driver starts 6am when finished his shift 2nd shift driver will come on road and seeing he needs to make a wage hel still be on road after midnight even during the week when quiet even if after midnight during week his doing 1-2 fares a houre he will still stay on as those 1-2 fares a houre will make up his wage so as you see it deregulations isn't good after all
I used to work northampton which is deregulated come into the centre after 2am you'll see no cabs on rank
Well as oldham where i worked aswell there's always the 2nd shift drivers on rank even when there's less demand.

If the owner driver is going to miss any shift, it will be the early morning one and not the late night one you muppet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:20 am 

grandad wrote:
jack351 wrote:
look at this

If the owner driver is going to miss any shift, it will be the early morning one and not the late night one you muppet.

Well any shift then but i don't think most cabbies in a deregulated area will want to be out on road after 2am
Yh fair enough in big citys but in small towns if deregulated they'll be no cabs on the road after 2am

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:23 am 

jack351 wrote:
grandad wrote:
jack351 wrote:
look at this

Well any shift then but i don't think most cabbies in a deregulated area will want to be out on road after 2am
Yh fair enough in big citys but in small towns if deregulated they'll be no cabs on the road after 2am

I live in a small town and on Friday night and Saturday night there are more taxis out than at any other time. 3.00 AM sunday morning, the rank is rammed. We are not a restricted area.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:35 am 

If the owner driver is going to miss any shift, it will be the early morning one and not the late night one you muppet.[/quote]
Yh fair enough in big citys but in small towns if deregulated they'll be no cabs on the road after 2am[/quote]
I live in a small town and on Friday night and Saturday night there are more taxis out than at any other time. 3.00 AM sunday morning, the rank is rammed. We are not a restricted area.[/quote]

Yes that's what i mean same with northampton but What about during the week when there's not enough trade but public still need taxis that is demand aswell
Monday morning between midnight and 6am when there's little trade in restricted areas there's still cabs available on ranks
But deregulated areas no way there's no cab out.
Bear with me here DEREGULATIONS is the worst thing ever e.g. Anyone can enter the trade look at PH anyone can get PH plate as they are not restricted and look how many rapes, sexual assaults, crime happens in them as its easy for people who want to use that to commit crimes but if HC is restricted its hard for criminals to enter that trade as its not easy as purchasing a vehicle licensing it and done they can now commit crimes.
2nd thing when a restricted area has no trade drivers struggling to make living and already ranks are crowded and cap is removed that'll lead to more over crowded ranks, taxis everwhere causing pollution
And as for the trade will meet its acception meaning the drivers who can't make living will leave and it'll be easier haha your having a laugh excuse me how many jobs are there out there in this ressesion with shops, bussiness, pubs, clubs, offices closing down, government cuts in public service, cutting in peoples wages you think any taxi driver will leave knowing there's nothing else out there so they stay in driving cabs even when they are making so little as they know they'll stay in taxi work 247 and declear they are working 16hours per week and claim maximum government benifits,
People who loose jobs will then just get a plate and start driving.
So I'm telling you people you don't know What deregulations can do to people
You haven't experienced it its nasty scary
What about the cab drivers familys if there already finding it hard to feed them when restricted how are they going to manage when there's more cabs on the road
You should also think about those kinda information aswell
You all don't understand and i wish you did
In this time and climate with ressesion deregulations is not the best thing.
I WISH YOU ALL WOULD JUST UNDERSTAND :-(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:49 am 

jack351 wrote:
I WISH YOU ALL WOULD JUST UNDERSTAND :-(

I see so you are right and anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong and doesn't understand.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:50 am 

You guys who are against restrictions just want a free trade free plate
Well me and most other drivers in restricted areas rather pay a premium for a plate than getting one for free knowing everyday more are being handed out, meaning everyday my income is getting less and less
Yh so I'm guessing your saying every bussiness license/goodwill should be for free Yh Hmmmmm well boys I WISH YOU the verry best as even if deregulations happen atlest in my heart ill know that i paid for my plate with years of earnings like a real man unlike the stingy B*****D who got his for free and who's ruining my life as his free plate on the road means longer hours for me meaning me being away from my family.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:52 am 

jack351 wrote:

I think those in favour of delimitation are in the minority on TDO.

And many of those already have their own hackney plates.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 am 

jack351 wrote:
Well me and most other drivers in restricted areas rather pay a premium for a plate than getting one for free knowing everyday more are being handed out, meaning everyday my income is getting less and less
Yh so I'm guessing your saying every bussiness license/goodwill should be for free Yh Hmmmmm well boys I WISH YOU the verry best as even if deregulations happen atlest in my heart ill know that i paid for my plate with years of earnings like a real man unlike the stingy B*****D who got his for free and who's ruining my life as his free plate on the road means longer hours for me meaning me being away from my family.

If all you do is whinge about de-restriction when you are at home, I would think your family will be glad that you will have to stay out longer. you may think you are a man because you paid for your free plate but you certainly winge like a woman.