Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 pm 

Capt grovelling yes working for those stupid fares !

PH Undercutting now theres a surprise, but of course 2 groups of workers who should see the benefit of agreeing demarcation get involved in a internecine war whilst the PH barons laugh their testicles orf and hacks work for peanuts bleedin cretins i reckon talk about stupid !!

anyway where is this one horse town? how many are out at 2 in the morning ffs?

Smoking in boozers clutching at straws there me thinks more like corruption by owners in that industry where landlords are tied into all sorts of outrageous contracts that see's many landlords earning less than the minimum wage and the owners of the tenancy companies dodge tax with off shore arrangements.

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:44 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
Capt grovelling yes working for those stupid fares !

PH Undercutting now theres a surprise, but of course 2 groups of workers who should see the benefit of agreeing demarcation get involved in a internecine war whilst the PH barons laugh their testicles orf and hacks work for peanuts bleedin cretins i reckon talk about stupid !!

anyway where is this one horse town? how many are out at 2 in the morning ffs?

Smoking in boozers clutching at straws there me thinks more like corruption by owners in that industry where landlords are tied into all sorts of outrageous contracts that see's many landlords earning less than the minimum wage and the owners of the tenancy companies dodge tax with off shore arrangements.

So you are suggesting that the pub industry has gone down the pan and people don't go into pubs anymore because the owners have landlords tied into outrageous contracts. These landlords agreed to the contracts when they didn't have to and when people actually went into pubs, the latter having changed at an alarming rate imo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:31 am 

Toots take a look at the Sommerlad and Penman column in the Daily Mirror its a real scandal and they explain it well!

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:24 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
Toots take a look at the Sommerlad and Penman column in the Daily Mirror its a real scandal and they explain it well!

I have but couldn't find the article regarding pubs :? Found lots to do with transport but nothing to do with taxis/ph

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:28 pm 

It was about a year ago, its a major scandal many been bankrupted by it and made homeless, the GMB took it up i believe maybe its on their web site ?

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:13 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Never been in a shop when its busy and you have to queue ? Or the garage at teatime when everyone is filling up.Utter sh1te, how long were these punters really waiting ?

But the issue is that these rules are only in place where councils restrict.

No restrictions no problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:21 pm 

Sussex wrote:
blackpool wrote:
Never been in a shop when its busy and you have to queue ? Or the garage at teatime when everyone is filling up.Utter sh1te, how long were these punters really waiting ?

But the issue is that these rules are only in place where councils restrict.

No restrictions no problem.

Sorry what rules are we on about ? Also are you saying queues for taxis only exist in restricted areas ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:23 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Sorry what rules are we on about ? Also are you saying queues for taxis only exist in restricted areas ?

The only time a song and dance is made about late night waits is following a SUD survey.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:27 pm 

Still lost me slightly(doesnt take much !) You might find this hard to believe but i rarely and i mean very rarely see queues here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:06 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Still lost me slightly(doesnt take much !) You might find this hard to believe but i rarely and i mean very rarely see queues here.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but that could be for a number of reasons nothing to do with the correct taxi to punter ratio.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:13 pm 

Sussex wrote:
blackpool wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but that could be for a number of reasons nothing to do with the correct taxi to punter ratio.

So has it been incorrect here for the past 30 plus years ? How would that work when its a seasonal place and the population changes ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:27 pm 

blackpool wrote:
So has it been incorrect here for the past 30 plus years ? How would that work when its a seasonal place and the population changes ?

I think the difference in your manor is that the amount of cabs you have was based on a trade that has been decimated over time.

Most other areas have seen their business increased over those 30 years. I think the DfT stats last time I looked at them said the UK's taxi/PH market has increase by over a third since the 80s.

If it wasn't for Blackpool that number might be 50%. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:39 pm 

So what your saying is actually in a restricted area like blackpool theres too many cabs,well its a start :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 pm 

blackpool wrote:
So what your saying is actually in a restricted area like blackpool theres too many cabs,well its a start :lol:

That might be the case, but are you in Toots gang of saying you know best, and on that basis not allowing others to decide for themselves?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:14 pm 

I know a lot more than you might think i do,lets forget the decline in visitors we also have the free bus passes which took a hell of a lot of work from the streets.Also we have the new trams up and running ,do you know how many people you can fit on one of those every 10 minutes.The last thing that we need is more.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next