Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 4:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 42764
Location: 1066 Country
blackpool wrote:
I know a lot more than you might think i do,lets forget the decline in visitors we also have the free bus passes which took a hell of a lot of work from the streets.Also we have the new trams up and running ,do you know how many people you can fit on one of those every 10 minutes.The last thing that we need is more.....

But if it's so bad surely only a mug would license a new cab in your manor?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
Sussex wrote:
blackpool wrote:
So what your saying is actually in a restricted area like blackpool theres too many cabs,well its a start :lol:

That might be the case, but are you in Toots gang of saying you know best, and on that basis not allowing others to decide for themselves?


I've not said they shouldn't decide for themselves but if they decide restriction is the best option who are you to say they are wrong, I only point out what has happened here when deristriction happened here and express concern that it's likely to happen everywhere when deristriction is used to silence those that shout loudest

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
Sussex wrote:
blackpool wrote:
I know a lot more than you might think i do,lets forget the decline in visitors we also have the free bus passes which took a hell of a lot of work from the streets.Also we have the new trams up and running ,do you know how many people you can fit on one of those every 10 minutes.The last thing that we need is more.....

But if it's so bad surely only a mug would license a new cab in your manor?


Or the desperate :wink:

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:37 pm
Posts: 2406
Because its my job its not a hobby,im sure you know yourself you sort of get used to being a cab driver i.e flexible hours to suit,take time off when you want and the like.Oh nearly forgot a fantastically heavy money bag at the end of every shift !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 42764
Location: 1066 Country
toots wrote:
I've not said they shouldn't decide for themselves

Good, then support those of us that want drivers to have a choice.

By all means point out any particular woes you think they might encounter, but don't remove their choice.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:
I've not said they shouldn't decide for themselves

Good, then support those of us that want drivers to have a choice.

By all means point out any particular woes you think they might encounter, but don't remove their choice.


I prefer to encourage what is best for all so they can provide a service and gain a decent income and that is different for each authority

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:20 pm
Posts: 3272
Sussex wrote:
I think the difference in your manor is that the amount of cabs you have was based on a trade that has been decimated over time.


Not really, since the limit's been the same since 1948.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:37 pm
Posts: 2406
Dusty Bin wrote:
Sussex wrote:
I think the difference in your manor is that the amount of cabs you have was based on a trade that has been decimated over time.


Not really, since the limit's been the same since 1948.

Yes and visitor numbers and ph have made a lot less work,do keep up boy :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:20 pm
Posts: 3272
blackpool wrote:
Dusty Bin wrote:
Sussex wrote:
I think the difference in your manor is that the amount of cabs you have was based on a trade that has been decimated over time.


Not really, since the limit's been the same since 1948.

Yes and visitor numbers and ph have made a lot less work,do keep up boy :roll:


Hopefully Sussex will get what I meant. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:37 pm
Posts: 2406
Hopefully cause i dont, or are you two really Jeckyl and Hyde ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:20 pm
Posts: 3272
Well I think the point Sussex was making is that your numbers were based on when demand was at its peak.

But that would have been a good few years after 1948, maybe the 70s or 80s.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:37 pm
Posts: 2406
[quote="Dusty Bin"]Well I think the point Sussex was making is that your numbers were based on when demand was at its peak.

But that would have been a good few years after 1948, maybe the 70s or 80s
Think youll find it was the 60s, but back to the point if this is your view now being the least demand for hackneys, why should there be more ? oh i forgot its for the good of the drivers,yea right :badgrin:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:26 pm
Posts: 8019
blackpool wrote:
Dusty Bin wrote:
Well I think the point Sussex was making is that your numbers were based on when demand was at its peak.

But that would have been a good few years after 1948, maybe the 70s or 80s
Think youll find it was the 60s, but back to the point if this is your view now being the least demand for hackneys, why should there be more ? oh i forgot its for the good of the drivers,yea right :badgrin:

you're forgetting to mention the trams in Blackpool that you have to compete with

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:11 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: A Villa in Aston NO MORE!
blackpool wrote:
Hopefully cause i dont, or are you two really Jeckyl and Hyde ?

More like Hyde and Jekyll.

_________________
Kind regards,

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 42764
Location: 1066 Country
toots wrote:
I prefer to encourage what is best for all so they can provide a service and gain a decent income and that is different for each authority

So you are in the gang that says councils should decide what a driver owns, not the drivers?

An interesting but sad view.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group