Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:15 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Likes of you ? Im hurt ! I still find it hard to understand.Another way to look at it is theres only so much street/rank work in any given day,so the more taxis chasing that the less earnings for me.Another point theres a lot less of that work in the winter months than the summer/season so where do those extra cabs on ranks go then?

Don't be hurt, I didn't mean to be mean. :wink:

My point is that yes there will be more taxis licensed, however if those cabs are put on by taxi journeymen then that shouldn't effect the number of jobs (as they are already meeting existing demand), unless the council weaken standards and allow the riff-raff in.

If the new cabs are put on by PH drivers then those drivers wont be able to do all their existing PH demand and your taxi demand, so again that shouldn't effect the number of jobs (as they are already meeting existing demand), unless the council weaken standards and allow the riff-raff in.

However the LC are going against that by allowing the riff-raff to be licensed. In that they are wrong. [-X

That said I've always believed that the greater availability of cabs increases demand, as people then don't use their legs and buses as much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:01 pm 

Have a feeling were going round in circles, but your way of the mark ! I dont believe it works as you say as for the greater availability that definately is pie in the sky even for you ! The biggest negative impact on taxis here has been the free bus passes followed by a new 100 million pound tramway ! Now even you cant compete with free ? On top of all that theres dwindling tourists. Do i need to go on ? One last thing since we got our new promenade and tramway theres never been more congestion ,we had highways at the LC meeting and even he had to agree the last thing we now need is more hc in blackpool end of .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:23 am 
Why don't you just own up Mark, you had a hack you sold it and went back to slavery and you want to return to the freedom side of it but won't stump up, you're worse than a newcomer, you've had the money to buy in and you took liberties,

You and De Fraudall are simply carpetbaggers, I know it and you know it, just be [edited by admin] g honest for once in your life will you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:47 am 

Doom wrote:
and went back to slavery

Do you really think I'm a slave?

You couldn't be further from the truth, but then again you do struggle with that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Doom wrote:
and went back to slavery

Do you really think I'm a slave?

You couldn't be further from the truth, but then again you do struggle with that.

Nope, I know you aren't one, but you don't mind others being one if it benefits you do you, anyway I kinda get the picture being as who your firm is sponsoring this year, talk about the politically correct leading the politically correct, don't forget to burn your bra will you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:42 pm 

Doom wrote:
Nope, I know you aren't one, but you don't mind others being one if it benefits you do you, anyway I kinda get the picture being as who your firm is sponsoring this year, talk about the politically correct leading the politically correct, don't forget to burn your bra will you.

I haven't got a f***ing clue what you are on about, which I suppose makes two of us.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:03 am 

Plans are being hatched i believe, might prove interesting :?: :?:

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:00 am 

Hi ,firstly how many of the 51 hacks work directly from the taxi ranks in NuL, are there taxis that work from the ranks and also do PH jobs.

Are there hacks that do alot of PH jobs around peak times especially when the pubs and clubs end and try to avoid the drunks and druggies.

And are there hacks that go home around midnight to deliberately avoid the anti social behavavbor, threatening behavior,possibly getting there cabs trashed or even personally assaulted all associated with drink and drugs

These are the real reasons people wait longer than normal for taxis during the weekend nights and simply delimiting will not address waiting times well ok if you was to go from 51 to 1051 then ok it would but that would decimate the trade entirely.

I,m a cab driver of 15years i work only from the ranks i pick my jobs carefully after midnight a £20 fare is not worth getting your cab trashed or your eye blacked by drunken zombies.

No to any form of delimitation the longer the drunks and druggies wait the better.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 am 
terracresta007 wrote:
Hi ,firstly how many of the 51 hacks work directly from the taxi ranks in NuL, are there taxis that work from the ranks and also do PH jobs.

Are there hacks that do alot of PH jobs around peak times especially when the pubs and clubs end and try to avoid the drunks and druggies.

And are there hacks that go home around midnight to deliberately avoid the anti social behavavbor, threatening behavior,possibly getting there cabs trashed or even personally assaulted all associated with drink and drugs

These are the real reasons people wait longer than normal for taxis during the weekend nights and simply delimiting will not address waiting times well ok if you was to go from 51 to 1051 then ok it would but that would decimate the trade entirely.

I,m a cab driver of 15years i work only from the ranks i pick my jobs carefully after midnight a £20 fare is not worth getting your cab trashed or your eye blacked by drunken zombies.

No to any form of delimitation the longer the drunks and druggies wait the better.

You win the award for common sence my mate,

I've been at this since 1986 and I go home before midnight for the very reasons you list, for many years I had to deal with drunks and they could be handled ok without harm to either driver or drunk, since every loser need a sniff of cocaine now to one be able to stay awake and two not know how much of their face is now re-organised it's a whole new ball game, releasing extra plates would see the same drivers avoiding these pl and clogging quiet day ranks further,

Sort humanity out yourselves don't dump it on the cabby, you're happy to take a cut from illegal substance sales, so if you fed the problem then the responsibility is yours McEstablishment

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:05 pm 

Methinks the lads need a solicitor who knows a bit more about licensing law. :sad:

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Ne ... story.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:20 pm 

Quote:
"As well as providing the opportunity of more taxis for customers – especially at night when it's important that residents get home quickly and safely – creating more licences will give local people the chance to set up new businesses."

1 Hour twice a week of Excitement and 23 hours of unprofitable thumb twiddling.

Yes,that'll create new Jobs :roll:

Why not just give every body a job on the council as Profit and loss along with common sense matters nought there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:25 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Methinks the lads need a solicitor who knows a bit more about licensing law. :sad:

:sad: I agree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:42 pm 

Mind you, I'd like to see their rationale behind this statement :roll:

“As well as providing the opportunity of more taxis for customers – especially at night when it’s important that residents get home quickly and safely – creating more licences will give local people the chance to set up new businesses.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:36 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
Quote:
"As well as providing the opportunity of more taxis for customers – especially at night when it's important that residents get home quickly and safely – creating more licences will give local people the chance to set up new businesses."

Why not just give every body a job on the council as Profit and loss along with common sense matters nought there.

Sir most of the public returning home after midnight are so drunk they can barely stand up and many of them can hardly speak any sense, the drunk young people after midnight are loud, rude,insulting,virtually any form of politeness just go,s out the window, bars and clubs should not require licences the people drinking in them should have them, if you cant take your drink no license no drink.....

Delimitation/deregulation does not work, look at the buses, trains, and above all banks, all been subsidised and still they fail ,they make massive gains for greedy bankers, share holders, and when the profits been sucked dry the goverment pick up the costs over and over again.

Delimitation will turn taxi driving into a cut throat worthless business for people with intent on ripping off the GP

Keep the Great British standards other countries look up to like our police , army, navy, etc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:03 pm 

terracresta007 wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
Quote:

Sir most of the public returning home after midnight are so drunk they can barely stand up and many of them can hardly speak any sense, the drunk young people after midnight are loud, rude,insulting,virtually any form of politeness just go,s out the window, bars and clubs should not require licences the people drinking in them should have them, if you cant take your drink no license no drink.....

Delimitation/deregulation does not work, look at the buses, trains, and above all banks, all been subsidised and still they fail ,they make massive gains for greedy bankers, share holders, and when the profits been sucked dry the goverment pick up the costs over and over again.

Delimitation will turn taxi driving into a cut throat worthless business for people with intent on ripping off the GP

Keep the Great British standards other countries look up to like our police , army, navy, etc

Your right on all of your post except the last line, bloody hell our Police 2 weeks after the hillsborough revelations and as for the MOB [army] Bloody Sunday ffs

Delimitation market forces can be stopped join a Union vote Labour particularly in local elections and you CAN stop this stinking TORY philosophy =D> =D>

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next