Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:47 pm 

captain cab wrote:
gusmac wrote:
Wanna bet the 51 applicants all currently rent from the 51 existing licence holders? And the members of Newcastle Hackney Carriage Association are mostly the existing licence holders?

I'd like to see that waiting list......51 plates 51 on a waiting list?

So would I, but thats what it says
Quote:
But members of Newcastle Hackney Carriage Association say the current limit of 51 taxis is needed in order to protect their livelihoods.

Quote:
There are currently 51 people on the borough council's waiting list for Hackney carriage licences.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:58 pm 

gusmac wrote:
captain cab wrote:
gusmac wrote:
Wanna bet the 51 applicants all currently rent from the 51 existing licence holders? And the members of Newcastle Hackney Carriage Association are mostly the existing licence holders?

I'd like to see that waiting list......51 plates 51 on a waiting list?

So would I, but thats what it says
Quote:
But members of Newcastle Hackney Carriage Association say the current limit of 51 taxis is needed in order to protect their livelihoods.

Quote:
There are currently 51 people on the borough council's waiting list for Hackney carriage licences.

Its ages since we had a ruck gus, and I'm kinda warmed by our seemingly mutual feeling of agreeing to disagree (been there done that - I aint gonna change your mind, you aint gonna change mine.....but I'll but you a drink if I ever get to aberdeen) :lol:

so thanks for pointing out the obvious.....I'll again say 51 peeps on a waiting list, whem there's 51 cabs is a quite remarkable figure......and I'm guessing the reason both your good self, and the honourable chap from brighton aint making too many waves about our usual arguments....is the extraordinary co-incidence?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:05 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Its ages since we had a ruck gus, and I'm kinda warmed by our seemingly mutual feeling of agreeing to disagree (been there done that - I aint gonna change your mind, you aint gonna change mine.....but I'll but you a drink if I ever get to aberdeen) :lol:

so thanks for pointing out the obvious.....I'll again say 51 peeps on a waiting list, whem there's 51 cabs is a quite remarkable figure......and I'm guessing the reason both your good self, and the honourable chap from brighton aint making too many waves about our usual arguments....is the extraordinary co-incidence?

I don't believe in coincidence, as I told Doom. Definitely remarkable though.
Would you bet against the 51 applicants mostly being the current jockeys on the 51 existing licences?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:08 pm 

gusmac wrote:
Would you bet against the 51 applicants mostly being the current jockeys on the 51 existing licences?

Yes I would, but it wouldnt be a massive bet (although it would be to me), I'd buy you a pint if you were right. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:10 pm 

Any way we can find out?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:14 pm 

gusmac wrote:
Any way we can find out?

pmsl...ask for a survey? :D

ffs mate, you can't be that desperate for me to drive 200 miles to but you a f8cking pint :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:19 pm 

captain cab wrote:
gusmac wrote:
Any way we can find out?

pmsl...ask for a survey? :D

ffs mate, you can't be that desperate for me to drive 200 miles to but you a f8cking pint :lol:

I don't even drink :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:30 pm 

gusmac wrote:

I don't even drink :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:46 pm 
gusmac wrote:
Quote:
Driver standards eh, do tell me how you enforce to a licencing office, the licencing office tells you how it's going to be and when I enquired about a few things the reply was European legislation and we can't do feck all about it, so be thankful your LO has taken a sensible stand, but I do believe soon that will be removed and anyone with 2 arms and legs and 200 quid will be eligible, nice thought eh, welcome to my world,

The LO is the monkey. You should have gone to the organ grinder, instead of swallowing a load of pish about non existent European legislation.
Now tell the truth. The driver standards were non-existent because it suited the plate holders to have a big pool of cheap mugs. When the lid came off, you were all royally screwed.

Doom wrote:
Why does reading you look like Sussex wrote it? are you another of his secret ego's telling the world how it is or should be, I'll show you how it is, watch the Hunt for Red October film and take note of the scene near the end where the Russian sub commander gets told by the crew.....you urganass you've killed us, as their own torpedo slams into the boat, anyway I was getting to think you could be conversed with sensibly, sadly I got it wrong and you can't, and you'd make a fine double agent imo.

Do you think every [edited by admin] who doesn't agree with you is Sussex? Maybe Skull is right about you.

Don't be worrying about what Skull thinks this isn't about Skull, it's about more bullshit about 51 drivers wanting 51 plates when the reality is going to be more like 125 extra plates and more drivers either falling down or doing themselves in due to lack of cash, I've given up tonight, managed thirty five pounds in 4.5 hours and the city is empty, granted it's August but I can't be bothered anymore to listen to McSpewy and McTight later on for another few quid, you might say me and this job are at a crossroads,

Point is you think you are safe with your high entry restriction rules but you aren't, all it takes is one bent Councillor or licencing officer and all and sundry are going to be ranked up with you, I almost want it to happen just so I can come here and say I told you so, time and again I've told people things and do they listen, no they don't I just get this sorry arsed looking excuse for skin come back bleeting with the same old line, why didn't anyone do anything, err hello,

Oh and another great scoop tonight, thx to rule breaking drivers we are now losing the rank at the main night centre, drivers who I might add aren't British, drivers who when asked by the security staff to move off either told them to F off or even in one instance started fighting with the security guy, this is what the trade is up against today, you can make all the rules you like but if someone who doesn't care gets a badge they will rape the trade dry, and that goes for certain British drivers I know of as well,

I've no real desire to fall out with you Gus, but c'mon it may be ok up there but down here it's saturated to the hilt by drivers who won't play the game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:52 pm 

Doom wrote:
I've no real desire to fall out with you Gus, but c'mon it may be ok up there but down here it's saturated to the hilt by drivers who won't play the game.

And how did it get that way? It didn't happen in an afternoon now, did it?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:12 am 
gusmac wrote:
Doom wrote:

It got that way because a PH Baron (who has eyes on flooding us with NX8's) has someone in his pocket, let me tell you this,

One of my enquiries was about how drivers were getting badges the week they arrived

Answer

They are taking their test online in their own country :shock:

Why isn't there still a rule of the one year UK licence and one year resident in the UK before consideration for licencing?

Answer

It's not down to us, the EU law states etc,

So what you basically have is a fleet of uncheckable CRB drivers taking a test in a room hundreds of miles away without any idea whose answering the questions, and the CRB from another country is about as much use as bucket of water in a firestorm, all nicely tucked up in a deal with the Baron that basically means #500pw before they see a penny,

Here's another snip, there are about 4 Barons, all PH, one whose Asian (yes I will name and shame) got done for human trafficking did time for it yet still has well over 100 PH licences, how does that work,

Our effective LO who moved abroad and then returned a few years later was replaced by a woman you simply can't talk to, she either avoids you or laughs at you as she returns fire to a question, that's if she isn't over the local bar having an extended lunch, I was in there at 4pm the other day and they were snowed under as there were only two in that day, two who are very old friends of mine btw, she announces she's popping out, well if looks could kill the minute she was out of the room, and this is what you are up against now, complete clowns in high position, our whole council is riddled with them, we have at least three who should be in jail now but thanks to a good PR machine with the local rag and nights out round the local chief constables house ensure it all gets brushed away without charge, the leader of the council was investigated some years before he arrived here and found fundamentally dishonest but still got away with it due to a leaky case, since it's been here it's awarded itself a 100k pay rise taking his annual wage to 150k pa, they are a joke tbh but the way it is now they have surrounded themselves with friends and become untouchable.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:15 am 

If you think the supposedly 51 applicants are 51 drivers your more dillusional than i thought.The vast majority of hc drivers/renters dont want to run a vehicle and the expenses it involves,how many do you think are chippers(part timers) ? i suspect its more ph who think the grass is greener,bit like yourself maybe ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:18 am 

Doom wrote:
gusmac wrote:
Doom wrote:

It got that way because a PH Baron (who has eyes on flooding us with NX8's) has someone in his pocket, let me tell you this,

One of my enquiries was about how drivers were getting badges the week they arrived

Answer

They are taking their test online in their own country :shock:

Why isn't there still a rule of the one year UK licence and one year resident in the UK before consideration for licencing?

Answer

It's not down to us, the EU law states etc,

So what you basically have is a fleet of uncheckable CRB drivers taking a test in a room hundreds of miles away without any idea whose answering the questions, and the CRB from another country is about as much use as bucket of water in a firestorm, all nicely tucked up in a deal with the Baron that basically means #500pw before they see a penny,

Here's another snip, there are about 4 Barons, all PH, one whose Asian (yes I will name and shame) got done for human trafficking did time for it yet still has well over 100 PH licences, how does that work,

Our effective LO who moved abroad and then returned a few years later was replaced by a woman you simply can't talk to, she either avoids you or laughs at you as she returns fire to a question, that's if she isn't over the local bar having an extended lunch, I was in there at 4pm the other day and they were snowed under as there were only two in that day, two who are very old friends of mine btw, she announces she's popping out, well if looks could kill the minute she was out of the room, and this is what you are up against now, complete clowns in high position, our whole council is riddled with them, we have at least three who should be in jail now but thanks to a good PR machine with the local rag and nights out round the local chief constables house ensure it all gets brushed away without charge, the leader of the council was investigated some years before he arrived here and found fundamentally dishonest but still got away with it due to a leaky case, since it's been here it's awarded itself a 100k pay rise taking his annual wage to 150k pa, they are a joke tbh but the way it is now they have surrounded themselves with friends and become untouchable.

Yeah, it's a pity Jochem wasn't dealing with your council. Would have saved him a few flights and a fortnights camping out in Brighton. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:19 am 
Yeah too right.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:27 pm 

Quote:
Our effective LO who moved abroad and then returned a few years later
Rides/rode a Harley and likes bruce Springsteen?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next