Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:07 am 

Doom wrote:
At least 51 new mouths to feed if only single manned, so make that 102 new mouths to feed then eh, is this country a democracy anymore, cos it sure don't appear to be one to me, more like the groundwork for a nation of paupers who will be muted by benefit books.

traitorous b*stards :sad:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:12 am 
captain cab wrote:
Doom wrote:
At least 51 new mouths to feed if only single manned, so make that 102 new mouths to feed then eh, is this country a democracy anymore, cos it sure don't appear to be one to me, more like the groundwork for a nation of paupers who will be muted by benefit books.

traitorous b*stards :sad:

Have you read that new book, The King Labour Touch, it's not that good and not as good as King Midas, the touch turns things brown rather than gold and for some reason the brown converts aren't as sought after as the gold ones unless you are a farmer that is, OOOOOOHWAH.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:20 am 

Doom wrote:
Have you read that new book, The King Labour Touch, it's not that good and not as good as King Midas, the touch turns things brown rather than gold and for some reason the brown converts aren't as sought after as the gold ones unless you are a farmer that is, OOOOOOHWAH.

I thought those b*stards were supposed to have left, because thats what milliband spouts, but he obviously doesnt have a f*cking clue what his grass roots are up to.... I seriously hope they rot in hell, surrounded by innocent iraqi corpses.......perhaps wearing a belt made of the skin of the last working miner.....the traitorous c*nts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:24 am 
captain cab wrote:
Doom wrote:

I thought those b*stards were supposed to have left, because thats what milliband spouts, but he obviously doesnt have a f*cking clue what his grass roots are up to.... I seriously hope they rot in hell, surrounded by innocent iraqi corpses.......perhaps wearing a belt made of the skin of the last working miner.....the traitorous c*nts

The most scabby Labour party ever if you ask me, I won't add Millepede into it as he wasn't doing the wrecking like Brown the gold salesman was nor Blair the arms contracts hander out, I've a feeling this all runs deeper than government myself, there is more than just a rumour that Mr Cook didn't have any health issues, and for it to be otherwise a higher order must have come down, and we all knows who that is don't we Marm.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:31 am 

Doom wrote:
The most scabby Labour party ever if you ask me, I won't add Millepede into it as he wasn't doing the wrecking like Brown the gold salesman was nor Blair the arms contracts hander out, I've a feeling this all runs deeper than government myself, there is more than just a rumour that Mr Cook didn't have any health issues, and for it to be otherwise a higher order must have come down, and we all knows who that is don't we Marm.

the entire issue isnt about cabs or any of this sh*te, its about something almost akin to religion, we're dealing with the acolytes and a golden calf ffs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:44 am 
captain cab wrote:
Doom wrote:

the entire issue isnt about cabs or any of this sh*te, its about something almost akin to religion, we're dealing with the acolytes and a golden calf ffs.

Oh yes, glad to see I'm not alone in thinking that, mind you the Blairs are god nuts y'know.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:47 am 

Doom wrote:

Oh yes, glad to see I'm not alone in thinking that, mind you the Blairs are god nuts y'know.

Yeah and his church is full of the blood of dead iraqis.....and the gold of his corporate mates

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:03 am 

captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:
The Labour Party should hold their heads in shame.

Not sure the 51 lads/lasses on the waiting list share that view.

51 licenses, 51 people on a waiting list....51 questions :wink:

And if those 51 are already driving hackneys, then no change to takings.

Other than for the plate barons.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:29 am 

Sussex wrote:

Are there many plate barons in Newcastle under Lyme?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:42 pm 

Traitorous scum says the Capt AGREED

Despicable trash in my opinion who infiltrated the Lab Party and destroyed it!

Mr t pity you didnt tell Blair, funnily enough I did poxy little ****!!

The licensing ctte hang their heads in shame, says the Capt indeed IF they had been briefed and fully understood the issue! who knows? the point is YOU the CABBIES must ensure that they are always aware of the issues and MANDATED by the local party and Unions, they dont disobey mandates because that means DE_SELECTION IE no JOB no DOUGH which tends to concentrate the minds of them somewhat! it aint rocket science to me, but obviously to 99% of cabies it is, well you WILL continue to pay the price if you dont heed the lesson!!!!!!!!! just like these cabbies in Newcastle under Lyme.

WHAT SAY YOU BLACKPOOL :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:04 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Wanna bet the 51 applicants all currently rent from the 51 existing licence holders? And the members of Newcastle Hackney Carriage Association are mostly the existing licence holders?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:50 pm 
gusmac wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Wanna bet the 51 applicants all currently rent from the 51 existing licence holders? And the members of Newcastle Hackney Carriage Association are mostly the existing licence holders?

I don't think it will be Gus, they will be sensible enough to know if they all do that they get replaced and the pot has halved overnight, a few may take the option, but overall it will be PHD's that think of greener grass without considering all the other gardeners that are also thinking like them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:02 pm 

Doom wrote:

I don't think it will be Gus, they will be sensible enough to know if they all do that they get replaced and the pot has halved overnight, a few may take the option, but overall it will be PHD's that think of greener grass without considering all the other gardeners that are also thinking like them.

I don't believe in coincidence....

Anyway, replaced by who exactly?
Maybe this council had the foresight to make sure not just anyone can get a badge.
And if the badge is a breeze, there'd be a lot more than 51 applicants.
No way to be sure but I'd bet my last quid that most of the 51 are guys fed up paying twice as much in rent as it would cost them to run their own cab.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:44 pm 
gusmac wrote:
Doom wrote:

I don't believe in coincidence....

Anyway, replaced by who exactly?
Maybe this council had the foresight to make sure not just anyone can get a badge.
And if the badge is a breeze, there'd be a lot more than 51 applicants.
No way to be sure but I'd bet my last quid that most of the 51 are guys fed up paying twice as much in rent as it would cost them to run their own cab.

You have 51 that know about it, once word gets out there will be more than 51 I assure you,

Plus lets look at this own car routine

Car - £125pw based on a cheaper WAV over 5 years
Insurance - £40pw based on a mature man with little or no bonus in a good postcode
Repairs - £20pw based on a vehicle that only needs servicing, brakes and tyres
Licence - £10pw based on road tax and council vehicle licence

£195pw before fuel,

You could say this can increase by £60pw depending on the insurance and if the cab is reliable or not, with a turbo being £1000, a clutch being £800 etc it only takes a few fails to see your margin walk out the door,

Locally a 24/7 car is anything from £200 - £270 depending on what it is and how desperate the owner is to have a bum in the seat, so from my point of view being able to own my own cab at those sort of figures would make me think no thanks, and that's before you factor in more mouths = less work, so you effectively whammy yourself creating a smaller plate to eat from.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:59 pm 

Doom wrote:
[

You have 51 that know about it, once word gets out there will be more than 51 I assure you,

Plus lets look at this own car routine

Car - £125pw based on a cheaper WAV over 5 years
Insurance - £40pw based on a mature man with little or no bonus in a good postcode
Repairs - £20pw based on a vehicle that only needs servicing, brakes and tyres
Licence - £10pw based on road tax and council vehicle licence

£195pw before fuel,

You could say this can increase by £60pw depending on the insurance and if the cab is reliable or not, with a turbo being £1000, a clutch being £800 etc it only takes a few fails to see your margin walk out the door,

Locally a 24/7 car is anything from £200 - £270 depending on what it is and how desperate the owner is to have a bum in the seat, so from my point of view being able to own my own cab at those sort of figures would make me think no thanks, and that's before you factor in more mouths = less work, so you effectively whammy yourself creating a smaller plate to eat from.

Well to listen to this, you'd think the guys renting cabs out were doing it for charitable purposes.
By your figures, they can't be making much :shock:

I can't be arsed picking your figures apart, but new cabs can be had for far less than £125 a week and the deals are usually 4 years, not 5.
http://www.thetaxicentre.com/viewCars.asp?ID=23 and that's for WAVs. Saloons are less.
And that's assuming they even buy a new cab...

Fuel is irrelevant, since the renter pays for that too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next