Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:27 pm 

187ums wrote:
Quote:
If the plate value reflected the profit margins then you would have all the time in the world to pay off your plate but this is simply not the case. You have paid for the scarcity value of the plate and the status you think it gives you over and above the drivers who have as much right to a plate as you.

so what this is really is about is how you feel you have no status as a driver for someone?

In the event of dereg you will still be paying the 60k with no driver to bail you out. All the costs of running the vehicle will be yours and yours alone, with no plate to sell on for your pension.

this sentence just highlights how you believe you have a "lack of status"

Listen clearly sonny jim - I have told you I am not worried about deregulation, if it did why would I have entered the market? its about being in business i.e. risk and reward, but you dont understand that do you?

Remember this, my previous post or have you forgot how upset you got?

You are hallucinating, what business, you have been assimilated by the business Borg. You only think that you run a business, you are the manager of a taxi that is controlled and manipulated by a system that gives you the illusion of status among your piers. You don’t own anything other than the opportunity to polish a plate value with your arse.

What status you numpty, this is about the illusion that you have bought into and now you are getting all bent out of shape because you spent 60k for the loan of a public licence.

Dream on..How do you sleep at night? :lol: The dereg monster is coming to get you :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:40 pm 

To enhance your self esteem and status amongst your community, I suggest you go to your LO and plead with them to give you a plate. But I somehow doubt they or anyone else will be listening to you.

Where do I say that I paid 60k for my plate? where do I say that I have a driver on my car?

I guess you are upset that in your life time all you have achieved is to drive someones car for them, other people have left you in thier shadows and you are nothing more than a sad disillusoned person.

As for the Borg, remember that Species 8472 more than took care of them.

P.S. I am not hard to find

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:58 pm 

This is an intresting area of this debate, the "no drivers to bail you out" theory, on the one hand the pro de-limiters will say that it does not necessarily lead to everyone getting their own vehicles, or that numbers would even rise substantially after the the limits were removed, so would rentals drop, or would anyone even need or want another person to drive their cab?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:05 pm 

P.S what happened to the old theory of working your way up the ladder, or even saving towards your goal, is that a thing of the past now as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:09 pm 

187ums wrote:
To enhance your self esteem and status amongst your community, I suggest you go to your LO and plead with them to give you a plate. But I somehow doubt they or anyone else will be listening to you.

Where do I say that I paid 60k for my plate? where do I say that I have a driver on my car?

I guess you are upset that in your life time all you have achieved is to drive someones car for them, other people have left you in their shadows and you are nothing more than a sad disillusioned person.

P.S. I am not hard to find

You are a riot!

Don't you get it, all I have to do is pay a [edited by admin] load of money for a public licence and I am borg. The fear of dereg would have me in its clutches just like you.

Now that's sad!

I used to have a plate which was issued to me by the council for nothing more than the licence fee the last time the council dereged. I sold it on for a tidy profit.

Ps

I'm not hard to find either, brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:16 pm 

Sirius wrote:
This is an intresting area of this debate, the "no drivers to bail you out" theory, on the one hand the pro de-limiters will say that it does not necessarily lead to everyone getting their own vehicles, or that numbers would even rise substantially after the the limits were removed, so would rentals drop, or would anyone even need or want another person to drive their cab?
e

All of the above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:49 pm 

187ums wrote:
In the event of dereg you will still be paying the 60k with no driver to bail you out. All the costs of running the vehicle will be yours and yours alone, with no plate to sell on for your pension.

But wouldn't it make sense then for more drivers to share the cabs.

They could then share the costs of running the things, and have an equal share of the spoils. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:56 pm 

187ums wrote:

I'm pretty certain there was a 9 in there somewhere. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:58 pm 

guys the following comment is NOT attributable to me:

Quote:
187ums wrote:

This is Skulls comments, not mine, I formatted it incorrectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:59 pm 
S.K.U.L.L. :lol:

I feel that I must say this, It has been my experience in life, that the people who buy cab's and plates allways get on in life,(that is the ones that think before they leap) but the ones that do all the shouting stay on the bottom rung of the ladder, must be something in the air or maybe not..mrT..p.s I have a brother who is a psyhatrist he can help... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:00 pm 

you know Skull the more you post, the more I see right through you. All you are is an opportunist - someone out thier to make a fast buck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:34 pm 

187ums wrote:
you know Skull the more you post, the more I see right through you. All you are is an opportunist - someone out thier to make a fast buck.

Do you think there is a remote chance that we might see a "realfastbucks" website to compliment the "realfastblacks" website?

I'm curious as to why you frown on someone trying to make a fast buck? Do owners and multiple owners in restricted authorities not try and exploit the restricted environment given to them by virtue of the council? Who was it who said unrestricted authorities have no multiple owners?

I was Just trying to observe who was trying to make a fast buck and who was knowingly exploiting a restrictive practice?

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:30 am 

Yes, a 'slow buck' is a lot more ethical. :badgrin:

How long has it taken worthless plates to attain a value of £45k in Edinburgh, less than 15 years, innit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:07 am 

I would say that I am more of an ethical business person, but you guys are besotted with the value of plates.

Dont forget that other forms of regulation can come into play and make entry barriers just as difficult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:13 am 

and anyway where are these responses from councils that you keep banging on about?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next