Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:17 am
Posts: 598
Location: West Yorkshire
187ums were do you work :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:53 pm
Posts: 10381
187ums wrote:
You guys make me laugh. 99% of the stuff on this site is very good and informative, however when the D work comes around, you squirm and spit cand cry how unfair it all is.

How much pressure have you guys pressed on to your councils? hows the campaiging coming along?


TDO doesn't campaign for anything but what it does do is inform.

You won't find any campaigns running on this website, but what you will find is about 40 megabytes of pure fact and information.

As you have probably gathered TDO doesn't hold with people or organisations that misrepresent the facts. TDO believes that the law should be upheld in respect of current legislation and it also believes that councils should do likewise. There are countless examples of councils who have tried and in many cases succeeded in circumventing the law because they just happen to have deeper pockets than the rest of us. On occasions they haven't bargained for the likes of Mr Gladden in Brentwood or the likes of Mr Davies and Mr Coyle etc in Scotland but those persons and many more like them are exceptions.

You focus on one aspect that you no doubt feel fervently about and I suppose that is because you have a vested interest. I suspect no one on TDO has a problem with your point view but it would appear you and several others like you certainly have a major problem with the opposite point of view.

TDO is not here to pressurise or campaign for anything but it will hold officials accountable if it appears they have transgressed in administering their official duties. No one twists a person's arm to become a councillor they become councillors because in most cases they have a political agenda. What some seem to forget when they do become councillors is that they have to abide by the administrative laws given to them by Parliament. It is a sad fact of life that once these people get into office they think they can do what they like?

Councillors sometimes manipulate their administrative duties to suit their political persuasion, regardless if those policies or actions conflict with the law. TDO asks councillors for nothing that the public is not entitled to by law. If councillors have a political agenda then so be it but as long as TDO is here those councillors and officials will be asked to account for their actions within the confines of our present administrative legal system.

And I am sure that is exactly the way you would want it.

Regards

JD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:33 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: City of dreaming spires
Where do you work?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:33 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: City of dreaming spires
sorry t-cabbie, oxford


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:30 pm
Posts: 958
Location: The Global Market
So you are really most worried about the 60K you spent to get one of those 99 Hackney plates then.

PH serve at different market, totally agree they serve the folks who want a car when they want it, not when the cabbies can be bothered to rock and roll.

_________________
A member of the Hire or Reward Industry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:51 pm
Posts: 5795
Location: The Internet
Tom Thumb wrote:
So you are really most worried about the 60K you spent to get one of those 99 Hackney plates then.



Funny that, further up the thread I had the following exchange with Mr 187ums:

TDO:
Unless, of course, they pay someone a big fat premium. Wasn't it £70k in Oxford?

Mr 187ums:
70K for a plate in Oxford, you must be joking, not worth the plastic its printed on.

TDO:
Only £60k then?

No reply to that one, so thanks for setting the record straight Tom.

_________________
Taxi Driver Online
www.taxi-driver.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45419
Location: 1066 Country
187ums wrote:
Where do you work?

A lovely little place called Sussex.

You can poke your universities, I've got my sea. :wink:

And no, I will not go and f***ing jump in it. [-X

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:33 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: City of dreaming spires
At the end of the day I go out thier and work hard, I understand the dynamics of the situation, what I dont believe in the " one size fits all " approach.


However if dereg comes it comes, like any business I will have to evolve thats all, I would have paid my plate back and then some.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:33 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: City of dreaming spires
actually Sussex, right now I would swap, but come term time I would have my city of dreaming spires anyday!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10460
187ums wrote:
At the end of the day I go out thier and work hard, I understand the dynamics of the situation, what I dont believe in the " one size fits all " approach.


However if dereg comes it comes, like any business I will have to evolve thats all, I would have paid my plate back and then some.



So this is all about the fear factor and paying your plate back, shock, horror, isn't it always the way.


Why don't you give us all a shout and let us know when it is alright to dereg and them some :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:33 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: City of dreaming spires
What you think we are just going to let our businesses goto pot? just because you are on a personal mission to damage your trade doesnt mean that we have to the same!

I think the fear is in you because you wish you could do as well as the Black Cab drivers.

As for dereg, like I said if it comes, it comes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10460
187ums wrote:
What you think we are just going to let our businesses goto pot? just because you are on a personal mission to damage your trade doesnt mean that we have to the same!

I think the fear is in you because you wish you could do as well as the Black Cab drivers.

As for dereg, like I said if it comes, it comes.




You are hallucinating, what business, you have been assimilated by the business Borg. You only think that you run a business, you are the manager of a taxi that is controlled and manipulated by a system that gives you the illusion of status among your piers. You don’t own anything other than the opportunity to polish a plate value with your arse. And as for damaging my trade, I don’t have a trade. These numptys are getting ripped to pieces by the Ph but they are still holding on to that little piece of importance that you have paid for and hope to pay off.

“I think the fear is in you because you wish you could do as well as the Black Cab drivers”.


Are you on drugs, I am a black cab driver and I am watching the demise of a whole trade because of an over inflated plate value which is blinding everyone who thinks the same way you do.



"As for dereg, like I said if it comes, it comes".


I right, like you are not [edited by admin] yourself?


Have a word! #-o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 7:33 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: City of dreaming spires
things got that bad, that you now have to say everything twice?

Note from TDO admin: The repeated post has been deleted. Please note that repeated postings are a recurring problem, and this usually occurs in the early hours of the morning, when the site performance is very slow, and often there will be no apparent response from the site to a posted message, so the poster will click again, and the message will appear twice because the first post had in fact been successful, but no response had been received by the poster. Obviously this is not the poster's fault, but if you post a message in the early hours and there's no immediate response, then don't automatically assume the message hasn't been sent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:54 am
Posts: 10460
187ums wrote:
things got that bad, that you now have to say everything twice?




Good come back, quality, gee do I feel stupid. #-o I suppose it would be to much to expect you to answer the post.

Or is it because it's spot on. :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:51 pm
Posts: 5795
Location: The Internet
Skull wrote:
These numptys are getting ripped to pieces by the Ph...


Well there's an easy solution to that, as proffered by one of your mates on the 'sewing bee' site - abolish PH altogether :lol:

_________________
Taxi Driver Online
www.taxi-driver.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group