Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:25 pm 
Looks like York City Council have rejected the OFT findings. :D :D :D :D :D :D Oh happy days :D :D :D :D :D

A breif conclusion, the report is so serously flawed as to render it worthless and therfore it should be withdrawn. OMG Suspect what are you going to do???? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:26 pm 
Nige,

For what its worth many councils around the country have put any limit decisions on hold until after the government announcement in early march.

Regards

Captain Cab

PS

It was a pretty useless report anyway

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:40 pm 

Nidge wrote:
Looks like York City Council have rejected the OFT findings. :D :D :D :D :D :D Oh happy days :D :D :D :D :D

A breif conclusion, the report is so serously flawed as to render it worthless and therfore it should be withdrawn. OMG Suspect what are you going to do???? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well I bet that will put the fear of christ up OFT. :?

Say if York said that the OFT report was spot on, would that then mean that the whole of the UK would have to follow them?

Wishful thinking Nigel, wishful thinking.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:53 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Nidge wrote:

Well I bet that will put the fear of christ up OFT. :?

Say if York said that the OFT report was spot on, would that then mean that the whole of the UK would have to follow them?

Wishful thinking Nigel, wishful thinking.

nobody but nobody follows York, the buildings are ancient as the attitudes

its almost a relief they have kicked out the report as they are always but always out of step.

the big problem and overiding beef was the refusal of oft to prepare a special copy on rolled parchment.

Nige you are bloody desperate to gat any comfort from this.

Yorkie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:56 pm 
We will see Geoff :D :D :D :D :D The report was outdated before it was published, as I said in another thread, Why do people wait at taxi ranks ? The answer, is because most of them, if not all, have been unable to pre-book a vehicle. This demonstrates the fact that the Private Hire Trade, which is not subject to quantity control, cannot cater for this unmet demand. :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:17 pm 

Nidge wrote:
This demonstrates the fact that the Private Hire Trade, which is not subject to quantity control, cannot cater for this unmet demand. :D :D :D :D :D

But the answer to the PH problem, is to make it safer and more rewarding to be a PH.

The answer to the HC problem, is just like OFT said, get rid of the quotas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:20 pm 
Nidge wrote:
We will see Geoff :D :D :D :D :D The report was outdated before it was published, as I said in another thread, Why do people wait at taxi ranks ? The answer, is because most of them, if not all, have been unable to pre-book a vehicle. This demonstrates the fact that the Private Hire Trade, which is not subject to quantity control, cannot cater for this unmet demand. :D :D :D :D :D

nige you have not a clue about wider strategic matters, just at this moment you are making both yourself and the trade look silly the former I dont mind the latter I strongly object too.

nowthen the public sector ie us are the senior part of the trade, and you imply we are there to take overspill from the touts?

Nige please, when you defend or comment on our trade I am embarrased.

your comments were responsible for mobile phones banned from loads of cabs

helpfull nige very helpful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:41 pm 
say there are 10 users on line all guests

wonder if they are all called Geoff?

Post subject: Wonder
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:50 pm 
No I am not Geoff,this is DOOOOOOBLO MAN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:47 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Nidge wrote:

nige you have not a clue about wider strategic matters, just at this moment you are making both yourself and the trade look silly the former I dont mind the latter I strongly object too.

nowthen the public sector ie us are the senior part of the trade, and you imply we are there to take overspill from the touts?

Nige please, when you defend or comment on our trade I am embarrased.

your comments were responsible for mobile phones banned from loads of cabs

helpfull nige very helpful

Simple, don't read it then 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:50 pm 

York

The city of shat Hackney vehicles with shat attitudes of the drivers.

Had reason to spend some time there on a couple of occasions several years back.

It really is the city from hell as far as quality taxi services are concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:52 pm 
True Tom true but it's not the City we are on about it's the Hackney trade.

Post subject: YORK CITY HCs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:02 pm 
how many york HC drivers are giving Angela one to keep it regulated in york, the only reason there are Qs at the rank is because they are to p**sed to ring a ph, HCs are only there to pick up the shat at the end of the night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:29 pm 
I wonder if the coucnil will say that the plate price is too high.
Or when they survey they will bother with asking those that pay our bills.
Or if they will give a specific case for keeping limits.

Or manybe they will just say [edited by admin] it and open up. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:56 pm 
York HCs are only worried about de limitation because some were maybe foolish enough to pay up to £40,000 for a plate which would be worthless if it was brought in