Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:47 pm 
Well, you're still on it Joe, err I mean Maurice!

Dusty :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:10 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Well, you're still on it Joe, err I mean Maurice!

Dusty :)

Who's Joe :?: and who's Maurice :?: I am Claude:evil:

Will any soppy censoring and thought control be operating on this site?

Claude :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:24 pm 

Hello Claude, I think you know the answer to that question already.

You are more than welcome on here.

Now could we please get back to the OFT topic please, because I have already learnt more about it since this site started, then since the OFT study started, and all the info I have received is going down well and not so well in my area, depending on the personnel circumstances.

So please everyone, more info, I need enlightening.

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:09 pm 
Alex
I am writing this for the seccond time as during the checking of the first draft it dissapeared off screan.

first of all I am assuming you know nothing about the following info, if you do know forgive me, dont lose your cool.

In february 2002 the cabinet office issued Regulatory reform, if you want a copy go to that site and run it off. this was a government action plan for cutting red tape, and the report says if you want anymore just ask.

For Taxis and private hire it says onpage 14

A) Remove requirment for secretary of state approval of local authority resolutions to amalgamate taxi zones completion date aiming 2003/2004

a) rEMOVAL OF CENTRAL gOVERNMENT aPPROVAL FOR A LOCAL MATTER
B) Removal of burden to trade
c) would be taxi drivers would benefit from removal of barrier to entering trade and passengers from presumed greater numbers of taxis
d)simplification of current confusing situation for opperatorsand enforcement officers and benefit for passengers from increased avalibility of private hires

who benefits? Local Authorites trade and in some instances the publc

method?RRO under consideration or primary legislation.

B)Standardising driver and opperator duration.

c)Removal of Loal Authority powers to restrict taxi licence numbers in thier areas

D) cLARIFY SIMPLIFY THE POSITIONS ON phvHIRINGS ACCROSS THE BORDERS OF DIFFERENT LICENSING AUTHORITIES

Now Alex all the above is from the doccument no opinions from me.

So faced with this the Cabinet office were snowed under both with requests for more red tape cuts like private hire taking flag downs, opposition from taxi drivers, and local authorities asking for guidance to do it now,

The Question Was asked what the hell do we do now? some wag said well lets go to the OFT, They can report by summer then we can say look boys weve had to do it as we were breaking Euro law.

so it went to OFT, but what they got was not only on these issues,

Evidence was sent about a meter racket in London where by London meters in cabs are rented beccause they have to be tested annualy in a lab
this has a masive lucrative market that is unnessesary.

so a whole lot of evidence was sent not in line with the governments desires

other evidence was sent of price fixing by private hire, much of it was organised in town halls by councils themselves

it goes on.

So in February the OFT aked the government to widen its scope to include private hire.

now I firmly believe this report is ready but it involves that much corruption that it is prejudicial to the public interest.

(This basicaly means that there was a bye election in Brent East last week, next june key elections take place involving councils and Europe)

so when they say it will run on and on it will, because many councillors are implicated, and thats why there is a rush right now to abolish by numbers in some areas.

Alex this is a hornets nest its like the 1997 debacle disabliity Discriminaton act proposals for taxis when we should be implementing it now and we should be under notice to put cabs on by 2012 whats happened ? nothing

and nothing will come of this, they wont even report, cos Blair aint got the guts!

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:17 pm 
Alex wrote:

Now could we please get back to the OFT topic please, because I have already learnt more about it since this site started, then since the OFT study started, and all the info I have received is going down well and not so well in my area, depending on the personnel circumstances.

Alex

Quiet right. I know nuffink about it so I shall leave it alone and concerntrate on what I know and do best. I can tell you all about my navel and what's happening to my ceiling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:47 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Alex wrote:

Alex

Quiet right. I know nuffink about it so I shall leave it alone and concerntrate on what I know and do best. I can tell you all about my navel and what's happening to my ceiling.

come on then Claude tell us about your Navel and celing, perhaps you could song us a song?

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:11 pm 
Wharfie wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Alex wrote:

Alex

come on then Claude tell us about your Navel and celing, perhaps you could song us a song?

Wharfie

I should think so (not). I have been banned from sites for quoting poetry and song lyrics. The pompous and grand don't like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:17 pm 
I am neither pompous nor grand, and I just love it!

I am just a common working lad, and love a bit of fun, whilst there are those who claim to climb that ladder I am just one thats chucked up there, still I am who I am, a common working lad who is a taxi driver.

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:03 pm 
The OFT report will do f*** all, its a waste of public money and government time, it'll go the same way as the DDA and the RRA f****** nowhere.Keep the taxis and get rid of all the scumbags driving minicabs or whatever they are called elsewhere in the country they are all cowboys and ripoff merchants who are stuck up their own a**** cause they think they have some rights ever since they were given a little "resectability" through licensing, they are still the same, b********** the trade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:12 pm 
dear o dear you sound like a hack op who is under pressure you know the one,s i mean large mortgage up totheir necks in dept three drivers on their car to pay it all then what happens your city deregs your drivers bail out and your on your own......tough....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:28 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
The OFT report will do f*** all, its a waste of public money and government time, it'll go the same way as the DDA and the RRA f***ing nowhere.Keep the taxis and get rid of all the scumbags driving minicabs or whatever they are called elsewhere in the country they are all cowboys and ripoff merchants who are stuck up their own ar*** cause they think they have some rights ever since they were given a little "resectability" through licensing, they are still the same, b*****ising the trade.

Spoken like a true anonymous person.

If you had the courage of your convictions you would back up your views with some sort of factual basis.

It was the DDA and the RRO part of the RRA, along side the review of Scottish licensing, that in my view led to the OFT study.

As for getting rid of the so called 'scumbag mini-cabs', well that's exactly what Red Ken is doing. They are now being called LICENSED PRIVATE HIRE, and even the big London circuits are taking them on now, to work with your good self.

So Mr Anon, is it possible for you to give a coherent case, or are you best left in the gutter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:39 pm 

Mr Whafie I'm grateful for your long post.

I didn't quote it, cos it will use up most of our memory. :D :D

Alex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:46 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:

If you had the courage of your convictions you would back up your views with some sort of factual basis.

It was the DDA and the RRO part of the RRA, along side the review of Scottish licensing, that in my view led to the OFT study.

As for getting rid of the so called 'scumbag mini-cabs', well that's exactly what Red Ken is doing. They are now being called LICENSED PRIVATE HIRE, and even the big London circuits are taking them on now, to work with your good self.

So Mr Anon, is it possible for you to give a coherent case, or are you best left in the gutter?

Coming from you that is high praise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:01 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
The OFT report will do f*** all, its a waste of public money and government time, it'll go the same way as the DDA and the RRA f***ing nowhere.Keep the taxis and get rid of all the scumbags driving minicabs or whatever they are called elsewhere in the country they are all cowboys and ripoff merchants who are stuck up their own ar*** cause they think they have some rights ever since they were given a little "resectability" through licensing, they are still the same, b*****ising the trade.

Gawd blimey pots and kettle. Let me see now there was touts are us, le tout and TDO.

You will be struck down by lightning or at least get warts all over your tongue!!

Gordon Bennet Damascus ain't in it. I am not at all sure I have not seen Saul appearing on this site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:03 pm 
who is saul? :oops:

Wharfie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next