Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:34 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Very dangerous statement to make that mind, maybe i'll contact your hosting company for the details I require.

Grow up. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:31 am 
Anonymous wrote:
TDO wrote:
You seem to be the same person who CLAIMED that his vehicle was burnt out because he dared to speak his mind on another forum.

Very dangerous statement to make that mind, maybe i'll contact your hosting company for the details I require.

Contact away, but I don't kow what's dangerous about the statement, you were only ever making an assumption about what happened, thus it can only be a CLAIM.

More cloudy thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:33 am 
Anonymous wrote:
My signature remains constant as does my style, only people with very little upstairs would not know it was me.

B. Lucky :twisted:

So why were you getting your knickers in a knot about your name appearing on here - the name that you yourself had keyed into your profile?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:55 am 

Back to the broad thrust of this topic, and that's what sort of people demonstrate/protest about others having exactly the same opportunities as them?

I think the word for it begins with h, and ends in ypocrites. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:26 am 
Sussex wrote:
Back to the broad thrust of this topic, and that's what sort of people demonstrate/protest about others having exactly the same opportunities as them?

Yes Sussex I aggree,
thankfully you have the same opportunity in Gateshead of owning a taxi as Mick, and here you have the same opportunity as me of paying and whacking down a premium for a plate.

thanks to fairness to all!

now for gods sake stop whinging you are begining to sound like a private hire driver!

:lol:

Post subject: O.f.t Report
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:57 pm 
Why do ya say" won't be long now" i'm sorry but even if they decided to
open up the ranks and they won't,it will still have to go through parliament.
That will take a while and thats if it will get through parliament. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:03 pm 
Sussex wrote:

As you have been told, but continusly overlook, is the fact that premiums have rose in Gateshead following deregulation of H/C numbers 6 years ago.

This is because saloon plates still demand a premium, and again as I have told you, its cheaper in Gateshead to buy a plate and put a sallon on than it is to buy a WAV and get a free plate.

The coming weeks will see some very major changes up here in Gateshead, I can definatly assure you of that.

The one thing I will be pushing for is that the WAV plates remain non-transferable, in an attempt to rid ourselves of the curse of plate premiums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:05 pm 
TDO wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
My signature remains constant as does my style, only people with very little upstairs would not know it was me.

So why were you getting your knickers in a knot about your name appearing on here - the name that you yourself had keyed into your profile?

Becuase as you do I reserve the right, offered by this so called site, to remain anon. if I wish to do so.

You don't even put your name to anything now Dusty so get off my case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:35 pm 
Nothing wrong with you posting anon Mr Angel, but there did seem to be a bit of a contradiction in your stance.

As for Dusty not posting in his own name, that is correct, as I said a few weeks ago 'he' won't be posting again under that name.

As the collator of the site's recent document, I was just posting to deal with any queries that arose.

So I'll get off your case now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:46 am 
TDO wrote:
Nothing wrong with you posting anon Mr Angel, but there did seem to be a bit of a contradiction in your stance.

As for Dusty not posting in his own name, that is correct, as I said a few weeks ago 'he' won't be posting again under that name.

As the collator of the site's recent document, I was just posting to deal with any queries that arose.

Thanks Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:46 am 
Anonymous wrote:
TDO wrote:

Thanks Dusty

oooooooo
gone up in the world have we?
we are TDO NOW!
HOW bloody presumptious.

Post subject: Re: O.f.t Report
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:01 am 

Black Cab wrote:
Why do ya say" won't be long now" i'm sorry but even if they decided to
open up the ranks and they won't,it will still have to go through parliament.
That will take a while and thats if it will get through parliament. :lol:

The reason I say it is because I believe it.

If it takes a while to go through the house, then so be it.

I, and thousands of others, have waited quite a while, so if it takes another year or so, then it will give us something to look forward too. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:08 am 
Sussex wrote:
I, and thousands of others, have waited quite a while, so if it takes another year or so, then it will give us something to look forward too. :wink:

Thousands !!!!!!!!! Sussex did you get that figure from the OFT report.

Legislation can be changed locally, and should form the basis for National change.

We will be changing things here soon, by presenting well thought out argument, some of us believe that sorting out our own back yards first is the only first step.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:55 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Thousands !!!!!!!!! Sussex did you get that figure from the OFT report.

Oh no, it was just an educated guess.

If we say that Manchester has nearly 1,000 boys and girls on their HC waiting list, then I think it's fair to assume that at least 1000+ drivers are waiting in the other council areas that restrict.

Hence the plural. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:54 pm 
Sussex wrote:
[Oh no, it was just an educated guess.

If we say that Manchester has nearly 1,000 boys and girls on their HC waiting list, then I think it's fair to assume that at least 1000+ drivers are waiting in the other council areas that restrict.

Hence the plural. :shock:

Fair to assume that every council, even the rural areas or small towns, have the same size waiting list as a major city?

Errrrrrrrrrrrr.............. I don't think so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next