Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:46 pm 
With all this new supa dupa surveys coming in and questionairres to the world and Mrs world, how much is this going to cost every three years?
Our council just did a survey and I think it cost about £18,000.
So how much is the new one goimng to cost £30/40/50,000. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:56 am 

god knows but i know who'll pay :shock:

regards

Captain cab

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:33 am 
Cgull wrote:
With all this new supa dupa surveys coming in and questionairres to the world and Mrs world, how much is this going to cost every three years?
Our council just did a survey and I think it cost about £18,000.
So how much is the new one goimng to cost £30/40/50,000. :?

it will cost a lot on a first survey when you start with a blank sheet, however they will not do this all the time merely update the information.
either way £6,000 PER YEAR IS FAR OFF

As I have said previously I think surveys as you quote are now dead and buried, local authorities will fill in government questionaires so the whole of the UK will be on the same footing, and comparable and the government will now decide

Geoff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:27 pm 

If anyone wants to read a small survey then this one is quite good.

http://www.huntsdc.gov.uk/Central_Serv/ ... 0Study.pdf

Now I think the ones that restricting councils will have to do in future will be far more in-depth, and far more expensive. :D

So what exactly is ISUD=APDxEDxP1xHP? :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:22 am 
Sussex wrote:
If anyone wants to read a small survey then this one is quite good.

http://www.huntsdc.gov.uk/Central_Serv/ ... 0Study.pdf

Now I think the ones that restricting councils will have to do in future will be far more in-depth, and far more expensive. :D

So what exactly is ISUD=APDxEDxP1xHP? :shock: :shock:

ISUD IS IMPENDING SUDDEN UNMET DEMAND (12pm to a brain surgeon)

ED should be evening demand
APD Aproximate pending demand
P1 is period one
HP should be high period

but all these phrases are bullshit and meant to baffle as OFT found out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:23 am 
Anonymous wrote:

P1 is period one
HP should be high period

All the phrases are bullshit !!!

I find it strange that you feel as though such phrases are intended to confuse, and included by councils particularly when you consider that the public purse would be swelled by all the applications which would follow deregulation.

I believe therefore that you are ill-informed and only offer such advice from a "guest" posting cause you know that it is in fact your statements that are bullshit.

b Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:27 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

P1 is period one
HP should be high period

All the phrases are bullshit !!!

I find it strange that you feel as though such phrases are intended to confuse, and included by councils particularly when you consider that the public purse would be swelled by all the applications which would follow deregulation.

I believe therefore that you are ill-informed and only offer such advice from a "guest" posting cause you know that it is in fact your statements that are bullshit.

b Lucky

Mick,
give it a rest, license fees have no connection with the public purse as you have been told many times b4

you only demonstrate your weekness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:34 am 
Anonymous wrote:

But those driving ph at the moment are already paying the council.
Didn't the T&G say that there would be less cars following deregulation?
Therefore you could say councils will get less money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:17 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Mick,
give it a rest, license fees have no connection with the public purse as you have been told many times b4

And as you've been told many times before our Licensing Department takes in over £400,000 per year. There is no designated staff and we are charged for absolutely everything, oh yeah and we have been told by the council that no incoming funds are ring-fenced.

You are the only person who fails to understand that what I'm trying to advise you on is the actual position and not just some strange unfounded ideal some on here, including yourself Mr Fielding, try to preach.

If you don't believe me give them a ring, we have just had a new LO recruited though, it must have just got to hot for the last one. Mind you our old LO is now working in Durham, an area where a managed growth policy is in place.

Dreams your dreams lads but don't believe them cause you'll only be [edited by admin] off when you finally wake up.

B. Lucky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:00 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
And as you've been told many times before our Licensing Department takes in over £400,000 per year. There is no designated staff and we are charged for absolutely everything, oh yeah and we have been told by the council that no incoming funds are ring-fenced.

Why not then object to any proposed license increase, maybe ask for a decrease, on the basis of 'best value' not being present?

If the council pass any increase, then refer the matter to the District Auditor. It will take a while, but it should have an effect. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:49 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Mick,

You are the only person who fails to understand that what I'm trying to advise you on is the actual position and not just some strange unfounded ideal some on here, including yourself Mr Fielding, try to preach.

If you don't believe me give them a ring, we have just had a new LO recruited though, it must have just got to hot for the last one. Mind you our old LO is now working in Durham, an area where a managed growth policy is in place.

Dreams your dreams lads but don't believe them cause you'll only be [edited by admin] off when you finally wake up.

B. Lucky

yes lets go back to what was said "you demonstrate your weekness"
if NO funds are ringfenced your council is breaking the law as Government Grants are ringfenced,

you demonstrate your weekness in forever getting shafted when the law is on your side, what does your union leader do about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:26 pm 

To answer the question posed by the topic i.e. How much is this going to cost? is quite simple.

F*** all to those that de-limit. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:49 pm 
Sussex wrote:
To answer the question posed by the topic i.e. How much is this going to cost? is quite simple.

F*** all to those that de-limit. :wink:

Unfortunatly saloon plate prices have surpassed the £15k mark and are now changing hands for £17.5K.

Quite an increase following delimitation 6 years ago when you could pick one up for around £5k.

Dream your dreams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:54 pm 
BTW just in case you start with your "greedy H/C owner" screeches, the price has increased due to the offers from greedy people such as yourself who don't want to see the wood for the trees.

Market forces are setting the prices, cause people want to drive saloons and we all know that most authority's only remove the quantative restriction when presented with a WAV.

Dream your dreams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:25 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Unfortunatly saloon plate prices have surpassed the £15k mark and are now changing hands for £17.5K.

Quite an increase following delimitation 6 years ago when you could pick one up for around £5k.

And without de-limitation do you think the plates would be worth only £17.5K?

However come DDA day, then those saloon plates will be worth nothing, because they will not have a saloon to fix to. :wink: