Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:37 pm 

You can believe which view you wish.

CTN say that the T&G KO'D OFT. Not sure if they did it on their own, but de-limitation has been defeated.

Or you can believe Mr Roland in his opinion in PHM, where after reviewing all the whooping and a wheeling from those that believe what the T&G say, brings us back into the real world by saying to those that have actually taken the time to read what the DfT and DTI said:

'However, we are now re-joined by those who have been busily reading page 18 (DfT and DTI statement). The expression on their faces would suggest that all was not well. Once again, gloom and despondency have settled upon the shoulders of the taxi trade with the dawning realisation that despite everything that had been hurled at the OFT report, the government have taken the opposite view and so framed their response that reaction at local level will, I fear, unfortunately mean that over the next three years - and before any council has to do one of these tri-annual reports - deregulation will become the norm'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:46 pm 
I think I will believe the t&g. Not becuase i believe anything they say. Just becuase it makes me sleeop a bit better. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:01 am 
Sussex wrote:

CTN say that the T&G KO'D OFT. Not sure if they did it on their own, but de-limitation has been defeated.

Or you can believe Mr Roland in his opinion in PHM, where after reviewing all the whooping and a wheeling from those that believe what the T&G say, brings us back into the real world by saying to those that have actually taken the time to read what the DfT and DTI said:

'However, we are now re-joined by those who have been busily reading page 18 (DfT and DTI statement). The expression on their faces would suggest that all was not well. Once again, gloom and despondency have settled upon the shoulders of the taxi trade with the dawning realisation that despite everything that had been hurled at the OFT report, the government have taken the opposite view and so framed their response that reaction at local level will, I fear, unfortunately mean that over the next three years - and before any council has to do one of these tri-annual reports - deregulation will become the norm'.

And the very bad news, Rowlands is nearly always wrong.

it wasnt Tand G THAT DID THE STUFF AT GOVERNMENT EITHER

IT WAS NIGE MICK AND SCANNMAN :wink: :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:09 am 

We will have to wait and see. But I can't wait to see how those who have told the lads that everything is just fine and dandy, now tell the lads that everything isn't just fine and dandy.

Or perhaps they will just invent a story or two as they have done, and continue to do, at Watford.

The sad thing is that there are plenty of fools eager to digest anything they want to hear, and there are unions only to pleased to feed them.

Whether any of it makes sense, is irrelevant, as long as fools and the unions play their little game, then everything is OK. That's of course until the time, that it's not OK.

And then it will be to late. :wink:

Still as long as the bus-man has been promoted, then it's all right. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:55 pm 
Sussex wrote:

Get a life sad man. :arrow: :arrow: This way to Beachy Head :arrow: :arrow:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:09 pm 
Nidge wrote:
Get a life sad man. :arrow: :arrow: This way to Beachy Head :arrow: :arrow:

Well that helps the debate. :shock:
Some in our trade really show us up.
I might not agree with Sx but debate the issue, not the person.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:49 pm 

Nidge wrote:
Get a life sad man. :arrow: :arrow: This way to a future with no taxi limits :arrow: :arrow:

Have I converted you Nigel? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:12 pm 

Back to the topic, is there anyone out there who thinks that change will not happen. :?

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:22 am 

Only the Mansfield plank and his crew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:51 am 
Answering yourself is the first sign of madness suspect. Whats the matter nobody to play with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:47 pm 

Nigel, even if it was true about me and Alex being the same person, you should be the last person mentioning about talking to one's self.

But then again, I'm also Dusty according to some. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:17 pm 
Alex wrote:
Back to the topic, is there anyone out there who thinks that change will not happen. :?

Alex

Change will happen, but will it be good change?

If it lets me ply in the station, then good.

If it lests me and five thousand others ply in the station, then they can poke it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:29 am 
We have got to fight all over again.

We have won the first round, lets see if we can win the others. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:00 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
We have got to fight all over again.

We have won the first round, lets see if we can win the others. :wink:

we hasve not won anything, we have been humbly defeated, all along the line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:17 pm 
I think we have won a 3 or 4 year delay.
Enough time for me to sell my two plates thank you. :wink: