Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 12:52 am
Posts: 19
We have 49 hackney saloons in our district and have just been told that Mansfield District Council are looking to remove the grandfather rights so all Hackney’s will be wheelchair accessible is this possible?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:28 pm
Posts: 163
They did this to the drivers in the East Riding 12 years + Ago

I don't Know about the legality of same


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:39 pm
Posts: 1302
Most councils didn’t give grandfather rights, but if you have a copy of the minutes of a meeting that says they did, then you will have a good chance of stopping them, most councils decided that when issuing new licenses that they had to be wheel chair friendly, that stopped the saloon Hackney’s from complaining as they thought no one will spend 30k for a taxi.we now have a lot of 50/50 fleets, Mansfield is one of those areas where the trade is very very weak, and get walked over by there council, they don’t consult with all interested parties, Ashfield was another council who had a licensing officer who walked all over the trade, they called him Kevin hitler on here. The last time anyone challenged Mansfield was about 2006, with the licensing officer going shortly after, I remember giving advice back then, maybe that person is still in the trade and can help you, I also looked at the minutes of your last fee increase, and the objection by the largest operator was very poor indeed, the worst I have ever read, so the best of look gaz, shame about the BMW. Sorry couldn’t resist


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:39 pm
Posts: 1302
Bit of reading for you should be on here
Keith Roads -v Central Trains Ltd. 

Kirk ham and others v Milton Keynes
Manchester City Justices [R] v Mc Hugh & Anor 

R in the matter of Nemeth -v- West Berkshire 

R on the application of 007 taxis -v- Stratford on Avon DC 

R on the application of Leeds City Council -v- The Taxi Centre 

R -v- City of Newcastle Ex parte James Michael Blake 

Sneddon vs Renfrewshire Council May 09 



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 39417
Location: 1066 Country
Mansfield gaz wrote:
We have 49 hackney saloons in our district and have just been told that Mansfield District Council are looking to remove the grandfather rights so all Hackney’s will be wheelchair accessible is this possible?

I think the grandfather rights will be on the license, not the conditions attached to it.

i.e. can't take you plate away, but can change license conditions as they see fit.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 21129
Location: A City near Birmingham
grandads got rights?

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 21129
Location: A City near Birmingham
Sussex wrote:

i.e. can't take you plate away,

but can change license conditions as they see fit.



erm, so at renewal the saloon cant be hack plated?

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:39 pm
Posts: 1302
Sussex is correct they will change the conditions of the licence,BUT those conditions have to be justified as being "reasonably necessary".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 21129
Location: A City near Birmingham
I know in Tamworth (Staffs) about 15 years ago 2 years notice of a WAV only rule for hacks was sent and on the day the LO was removing plates off non-WAV hacks

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 12:52 am
Posts: 19
mancityfan wrote:
Most councils didn’t give grandfather rights, but if you have a copy of the minutes of a meeting that says they did, then you will have a good chance of stopping them, most councils decided that when issuing new licenses that they had to be wheel chair friendly, that stopped the saloon Hackney’s from complaining as they thought no one will spend 30k for a taxi.we now have a lot of 50/50 fleets, Mansfield is one of those areas where the trade is very very weak, and get walked over by there council, they don’t consult with all interested parties, Ashfield was another council who had a licensing officer who walked all over the trade, they called him Kevin hitler on here. The last time anyone challenged Mansfield was about 2006, with the licensing officer going shortly after, I remember giving advice back then, maybe that person is still in the trade and can help you, I also looked at the minutes of your last fee increase, and the objection by the largest operator was very poor indeed, the worst I have ever read, so the best of look gaz, shame about the BMW. Sorry couldn’t resist



Thanks for that buddy mdc have started being right plonkers again recently they cannot even tell us why they are planning on doing this we have an ample amount of wav’s and There is no cap on the wav’s so why change something that’s not broken


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 10207
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
wannabeeahack wrote:
I know in Tamworth (Staffs) about 15 years ago 2 years notice of a WAV only rule for hacks was sent and on the day the LO was removing plates off non-WAV hacks


were they due for renewal ?

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm
Posts: 7777
Mansfield gaz wrote:
We have 49 hackney saloons in our district and have just been told that Mansfield District Council are looking to remove the grandfather rights so all Hackney’s will be wheelchair accessible is this possible?

You need to contact the Chair and councillors that sit on the licencing committee and ask them why it is their intention to discriminate against the disabled, as a lot of disabled people cannot use a purpose built vehicle and need to use a saloon hackney.

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 39417
Location: 1066 Country
Or contact Age Concern.

I have no doubt OAPs will fight with the local trade to stop 100% WAVs.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:56 pm
Posts: 1047
Mansfield gaz wrote:
We have 49 hackney saloons in our district and have just been told that Mansfield District Council are looking to remove the grandfather rights so all Hackney’s will be wheelchair accessible is this possible?



Have a look at page 13,North Tyneside Hackney Carriage Policy it could be of assistance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36896
Location: Wayneistan
Try best practice guidance - the DFT like a range of vehicles for differing disabilities - or form an association and get advice

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group