Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Manual DBS check
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:34 pm 

Has any one ever heard of a ‘manual’ DBS check certificate? A quick search has revealed out of 4,335,385 checks done, 1,161 were issued with a manual check certificate. (2016/17, latest figures I could find) These are due to technical issues whilst retrieving the information from the PNC. They are genuine certificates and must be accepted by the requesting body. It says that they can occur if there is information held on the PNC about a person.
The reason I ask is because one of our drivers has received one and you cannot join the update service with this certificate. His record is for a minor assault back in 1984 and he received a 12 month conditional discharge. He has also been licensed for over 20 years and has never had a problem before. Our council is in a bit of a muddle with it as it is a condition of our licence that we have to join the DBS update service when renewing our badge. I don’t think it’s fair if they force him to pay for another DBS check, and there’s no guarantee that won’t come back as a manual certificate as well. #-o

Post subject: Re: Manual DBS check
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:46 pm 

Never heard of them.

I would ask the DBS mob why this check was undertaken via the manual method when clearly he has had normal checks in the past.