Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: No Insurance
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:22 pm 

Id be ringing licensing ASAP and advising them that the "FLEET" of this company may not be insured for H&R and all plates should be suspended...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:54 pm 

Hi All,
Thanks for all your input, needless to say I have been following, now for the update
The incident that brought this to light was 17 may. I was informed by email the same day that I was to be reported to the CPS for the offence.
The charge came on 21 June, A simple charge of No Insurance and offering me 28 days to accept 6 points on my license and a £300 fine

I am advised that it is an "absolute" offence, meaning you had insurance Vs You did not have insurance, no half measures, switch on, switch off.
So I am to plead guilty as charged but plead I have special reasons to appeal for leniency and not have penalty points applied to my license.
I then wait for my day in court to present my evidence to them for consideration.

It appears that the company owner has insured multiple vehicles on individual policies in the same manner. This gives credit to the accusation that this is deliberate on his part in the attempt to save money

It is also apparent that the Licensing department were duped also, as they have renewed this vehicles plate against that insurance policy, details of which they demand, presumably for vetting.

This all seems to be coming up short. I am severely p1ssed with this guy for what he has done, yet it seems the process only allows an opportunity for me to clear my name, it does not appear to be able to switch the focus onto the real culprit here.
My special reason will include the local authority being duped, I fancy that they need to be informed as soon as I enter a guilty charge and start the ball rolling, does anyone see that differently?

You guys have been amazing, I keep this forum in my back pocket like a secret weapon, you always deliver reason where there is none. Thanks Glen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:58 pm 

Quote:
So I am to plead guilty as charged but plead I have special reasons to appeal for leniency and not have penalty points applied to my license.

Is what a very sensible person should do. =D>

Be honest with the court and I'm hopeful they will sympathetic.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:59 pm 

Quote:
It is also apparent that the Licensing department were duped also, as they have renewed this vehicles plate against that insurance policy, details of which they demand, presumably for vetting.

Mention that to the court as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:02 pm 

Question to ask--- Why has the vehicle/company owner not been charged with "knowingly allowing someone to drive the vehicle without the correct insurance in place"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:59 am 

I don't know that he hasn't, but if he has he is not advertising it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:31 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
One thing the others have Not mentioned is that you will have to inform the licensing department of this as it does materially affect your fitness to hold a license but I would wait until AFTER the court hearing so that the transcript of what happens in court can be used as mitigation assuming that occurs before your badge is next up for renewal

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:15 pm 

edders23 wrote:
One thing the others have Not mentioned is that you will have to inform the licensing department of this as it does materially affect your fitness to hold a license but I would wait until AFTER the court hearing so that the transcript of what happens in court can be used as mitigation assuming that occurs before your badge is next up for renewal

Think you should inform them of your pending court case otherwise it can be held that you did not report it to the Council if you have to appear in front of a licensing committee.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:31 pm 

Sudbury wrote:
Hi All,
Thanks for all your input, needless to say I have been following, now for the update
The incident that brought this to light was 17 may. I was informed by email the same day that I was to be reported to the CPS for the offence.
The charge came on 21 June, A simple charge of No Insurance and offering me 28 days to accept 6 points on my license and a £300 fine

I am advised that it is an "absolute" offence, meaning you had insurance Vs You did not have insurance, no half measures, switch on, switch off.
I then wait for my day in court to present my evidence to them for consideration.

It appears that the company owner has insured multiple vehicles on individual policies in the same manner. This gives credit to the accusation that this is deliberate on his part in the attempt to save money

This all seems to be coming up short. I am severely p1ssed with this guy for what he has done, yet it seems the process only allows an opportunity for me to clear my name, it does not appear to be able to switch the focus onto the real culprit here.
My special reason will include the local authority being duped, I fancy that they need to be informed as soon as I enter a guilty charge and start the ball rolling, does anyone see that differently?

You guys have been amazing, I keep this forum in my back pocket like a secret weapon, you always deliver reason where there is none. Thanks Glen

I Think you are wrong to plead guilty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:25 pm 

I think the fella has got to weigh everything up and go with what he think's best.

I wish him well and hope he gets a sensible bench of JPs, who are advised well by a sensible Justice Clerk.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:44 am 

MR T wrote:

what, when he was? (though not by his own hand)

do you know how pi55ed a court gets when they have to go through a trial?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:45 am 

I would make it lifes work to bring the base down

the press would love a story like this

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:21 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
MR T wrote:

what, when he was? (though not by his own hand)

A lot of people hang themselves buy pleading guilty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:36 pm 

He should plead "Not Guilty" as he was told he was insured.

Years ago I was given Cover Note after Cover Note, the employee of the Broker was issuing the notes and pocketed the full fee.

I was Not Guilty, he was Guilty.

Plead Guilty and you are Guilty.

Plead Not Guilty and explain you have the evidence to say you were told you were insured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:30 pm 

Quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next