Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:45 pm 

Is the 3 months out of the country rule something that any other council has?
Our council are saying that if you go abroad for over 3 months on holiday then this also applies.

Dear Drivers,

RE: UPDATED TAXI DRIVER FORM

I am writing to advise you that we have just updated our taxi driver application form and medical process.

Of note section 11 on the application form requires all drivers to declare if they have resided outside the UK for 3 months or more since the age of 10 years old. If they have they must then provide a Certificate of Good Conduct from the embassy of every country where they have lived, other than the UK. A licence can not be issued or renewed without this so please plan ahead.

Section 12 also provides more information on the NR3S check we must do on every driver and asks if drivers have held a licence with any other district/borough before and if they have ever had a licence refused/suspended/revoked.

We have also changed the way medicals are conducted and the form you are to use. The new form reflects the D4 form so is considerably longer than what you are used to. You can now chose to use an external company such as D4Drivers https://book.d4drivers.uk/booking/medicals who are cheaper than all our current GP practices and have much more availability. Please take the time to read this form and plan ahead as you need to take a copy of your medical summary from your own medical surgery to your appointment and it can take up to 6 weeks in some cases if you request a paper copy. Please contact your GP surgery in good time to enquire about using the NHS App instead to access this information or discuss how to get a copy of your medical summary.

Please do not use the old application form or medical form as this will be rejected. For your convenience I have attached a copy of the updated application form and medical for you to use going forwards.

Kind regards

The Licensing Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:04 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Not come across it before but a scenario that does regularly occur locally is drivers being out of the country for 3 months during the currency of their badge. Would they need to obtain a CofGC on their return ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:30 pm 

Three months does seem a short period.

We have a number of drivers that will go to their homelands for 3-6 months every few years, and no doubt some homegrown drivers will live in Spain/France for that kind of time as well.

To require them to jump through those hurdles is a tad daft, and maybe a tad discriminatory.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am 

We will be in trouble if we go on a 4 month world cruise. Which embassy would we need to visit?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 pm 

It only concerns applicants who have RESIDED abroad for more than three months.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:42 am 

x-ray wrote:

I have asked for clarity and as far as they are concerned it is anyone who has been out of the country for over 3 months. A driver went on holiday to Thailand and they insisted that he get a certificate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:23 pm 

grandad wrote:
x-ray wrote:

I have asked for clarity and as far as they are concerned it is anyone who has been out of the country for over 3 months. A driver went on holiday to Thailand and they insisted that he get a certificate.

Are those countries obliged to give a certificate for non nationals? :-k

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:14 am 

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:
x-ray wrote:

Are those countries obliged to give a certificate for non nationals? :-k

I believe that this particular saga is still on going. The driver has been told that in order to get the required documentation he will have to attend in person and also bring with him one of the licensing officials who want the documentation. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:34 pm 

With regard to a round the world cruise I would have to give them a list of all countries visited and the length of time spent in each country and then they will decide what paperwork I would need to provide.
I know it is being pedantic but what constitutes 3 months because if I go on holiday on July 1st and come back on September 29th then I will have been away for 91 days but not 3 months but if i go on February 1st and come back on April 30th i will have been away for 89 days but a full 3 months.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:01 pm 

Quote:
With regard to a round the world cruise I would have to give them a list of all countries visited and the length of time spent in each country and then they will decide what paperwork I would need to provide.

Bureaucracy gone f***ing mad. #-o

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:51 am 

It seems there is a problem.
There is a reletively new driver in town who, i am told, had to flea from Iran. He has been given his badge even though it is not possible for him to get a certificate of good behaviour from the Iranian embassy for fear of being "arrested" if he goes to the embassy.
But someone who was born in the UK and lived here all their lives must produce one if they leave the Country for more than 3 months.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:13 pm 

grandad wrote:
It seems there is a problem.
There is a reletively new driver in town who, i am told, had to flea from Iran. He has been given his badge even though it is not possible for him to get a certificate of good behaviour from the Iranian embassy for fear of being "arrested" if he goes to the embassy.
But someone who was born in the UK and lived here all their lives must produce one if they leave the Country for more than 3 months.

And that's why you don't have stupid rules in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:23 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

Bureaucracy gone f***ing mad. #-o

no, its power they enjoy....

i hope councillors who are on world cruises are obliged to be re-elected