Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:55 am 

My badge is no longer the issue, Doom. At this stage already I might never get it anymore.
It is much more important that they learn that people are beginning to fight back.
We are humans, Doom, this is what I want to teach them, we are not just licensing material.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:30 pm 
Jochen Lembke wrote:
My badge is no longer the issue, Doom. At this stage already I might never get it anymore.
It is much more important that they learn that people are beginning to fight back.
We are humans, Doom, this is what I want to teach them, we are not just licensing material.

Never mind that, just get yer hand in yer pocket and order up the drinks will ya :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:16 pm 

So, I´ve registered with Brighton & Hove Taxi Trade Forum and made an introductional post there, but so far I have the creepy feeling they think I am some wannabe writer-hot-shot, who wants special treatment - while all the while I want is justice, instead of only arrogant ignorance.

So, here´s my answer:

So, this is the council´s forum, then? (I thought you´re independent, I thought I read it somewhere.)
And you are the council´s boy, andyp?
Well, then I make it very simple to you and all other council-boys!

I will not apply as a first-time applicant again, because there is no lapse in the licence, alright!
I demand that my application is treated as a renewal!

The lapse in the licence that appears to be is because of a crappy regulation, that shut me off, totally illegal and in an act of discrimination, from the regular licencing procedure, alright!

So I want that crappy law changed, asap, and the council compensate me for my trouble or else I will make them regret the day they refused me my badge!

I just can´t believe it! The cheek of it! We all make mistakes, yet then one should own up to it instead of letting it out in others! You have no idea how cosmically annoyed I am about this, by now!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:12 am 

Erm, actually, here´s a new development and in the light of this I might look like a cosmic fool, no ifs and buts.

I admit, I have not checked before, in Germany, if it is possible that one can renew the German badge with a UK-driving licence! (I should have done this before, this is due to my burn-out, that I didn´t, and that I am not on top of my game at the minute.) For it´s quite simple, if this is not possible, namely, I, who believes in justice, cannot expect this vice versa!
So, I went to the office yesterday and asked.

You have to know, in Freiburg, size of Brighton & Hove, 220.000 inhabitants, there are only 220 cab-licences issued and only one officer for all of them! The old guy is in early retirement, supposedly he was a heavy boozer and very unpopular and the new one is a pretty young lady.
So, she will let me know.

Moreover, I have thought, I really can´t blame Brighton HCO for a national law, that is to say, if it is general practise in the UK to demand a UK-driving licence for a renewal, a local HCO cannot be my adversary in this case, I´d have to try to get this to a European court (only if the renewal with a UK-licence is possible in Germany, of course) claiming UK is violating European standards.

So my question to you is, is it general practise in the UK to demand a UK-driving licence for a renewal?
For, if this is the case I will call of the hunt, me a fool and apologise in full to HCO.

Though, then they´d be still partly to blame, for they didn´t take the time to really talk this through with me, nor did any of you pointed out this fact to me, if it is a fact.

If they claim we don´t have time for this - they should abandon the annual renewal!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:46 pm 

You were right, Sussex, this is a numpties forum!
Andyp there is kind of alright, but instead of locking my thread there, he could have just could have just erased the posts of the numpties, so I am definitely not ok with that! :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:43 pm 

Jochen Lembke wrote:
Andyp there is kind of alright, but instead of locking my thread there, he could have just could have just erased the posts of the numpties, so I am definitely not ok with that! :evil:

I noticed you back from numpty land.

But unlike the Prodigal Son I will not welcome you back here as I believe you to be an out and out fruit cake. 8-[

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:25 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Jochen Lembke wrote:

I noticed you back from numpty land.

But unlike the Prodigal Son I will not welcome you back here as I believe you to be an out and out fruit cake. 8-[

He fits in well then :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:30 am 

Jochen Lembke wrote:

So what are the numpties there saying?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:11 am 

You can´t be true about this, Sussex, you are an intelligent person, unlike the numpties. I am just an honest man and I believe in justice. Sometimes I´m a little bit impulsive too, I make mistakes and know that I am not perfect, but who is.

At Gusmac: I need a break about that!

Anyway, my question to you is, is it general practise in the UK to demand a UK-driving licence for a renewal? Someone there said, in Canterbury, as a holder of a foreign licence you only need the paper counterpart for a renewal but I am not sure about this.

What does your local HCO say about this?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:55 am 

Dusty Bin wrote:
So what are the numpties there saying?

They lost the will to live with him. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:01 am 

Jochen Lembke wrote:
You can´t be true about this, Sussex, you are an intelligent person, unlike the numpties. I am just an honest man and I believe in justice. Sometimes I´m a little bit impulsive too, I make mistakes and know that I am not perfect, but who is.

You believe that by repeating your woes everyone will join your crusade, but in truth they/we/I don't give a f***.

I now believe you have worked out you were wrong and the HC office was right. It appears you have finally worked out the law must be applied equally, and that includes you.

You had a license, you let it lapse. Why, how and when matters not.

You got a license once, if you are really interested in working here, then get another one via the entry procedure.

It's not rocket science.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:16 am 

Hm, rocket science is based on logic, humans aren´t...

It´s not that simple, Sussex.

Let me try to explain this to you. If it is not possible to renew a badge in Germany with a UK-licence then I was wrong. If it is, then is it generally mandatory to have UK-drivers licence for the renewal throughout the UK? If it is, then I´m wrong, again. If the first is and the second isn´t, then I´m still right.

But most of all, why didn´t you or HCO point this out to me from the beginning? You are accusing me of being a fruit-cake, in public, Sussex, but you are not perfect either!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:35 pm 

So that lady from the (German) office called me today.

She told me that it would mandatory for an English guy to have a German driving licence for the first time application. For a renewal it wouldn´t, because even if this English guy went back to England and exchanged his licence back into a UK-one, there would be still a German one kept and that way a register where they can look for points on the licence, just don´t ask me about how this should work exactly.

Anyway, that leaves me with still fighting the good fight, only I will give "poor and wrongly accused Brighton & Hove HCO by arrogant German wannabe-writer" a break and will try to settle this on a UK-national, respectively EU-level.

Still, it would be helpful to know how this is being handled with different councils. For it is very likely, according to that piece of info from Canterbury, that there aren´t any standard regulations about this - and that would still leave poor B&H HCO in the responsibility to do something.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:33 pm 

Quote:
But most of all, why didn´t you or HCO point this out to me from the beginning? You are accusing me of being a fruit-cake, in public, Sussex, but you are not perfect either!

I didn't point it out because, in truth, I wasn't taking much notice of your posts.

And I'm not too sure even if I had I would have known the fine details of cross country taxi procedure.

However you are coming across as a fruit cake, now that might be down to translation or might be down to fact.

The numpties are over-joyed that you have been booted off the fanny forum, and are accusing you of being not a fit and proper person, which is very brave of them once they have booted you off.

I will tell you as I see it, and that's you're a compulsive sad individual, who will spend years trying to get a license when it could take a few weeks re-doing your license.

And that my friend is the last I will say to you until you come back to the real world. Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:00 pm 

Well, I doubt this is legal what the numpties are doing. They can´t just slander behind my back without giving me a chance to control what they are saying. Anyway, I felt like a black man amidst a lynch mob! They don´t have a clue about me but that did that bother those guys below?

But they don´t have a chance about this anyway, not in their dreams!

Anyway, Sussex, you need to read my posts if you want to judge me, or you are not better then them!
It is not about my licence. It is about justice! If I have made a mistake blaming HCO I apologise in full!

I live in the real world, Sussex, and what I want is it united one with no more wars and no more idiots exploiting us! For this I want a united Europe and for this I am fighting!

I don´want any HCO, no English, no German, no French, to tell me I need their national driving licence!

This is what it is about, it is not me not wanting to take another DSA, in this you are right I could have had the licence long by now, yet I don´t want it this way!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next