Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:22 pm 

Quote:
Please help to spread this by sharing it!

I some how doubt that is going to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:05 am 

I know, I know, it´s not cab-world, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ZM4mjgrFw

"They're all doing the monster mash. And most of the taxis, most of the w_hores. Are only taking calls for cash."

I know cab-world, I´ve been a cab-driver in seven towns and three countries and I have come to loathe and to despise it.

Cab-world is - you give me money and I do a job for you. It´s like a damn juke box, you put your coin in and it plays you a little tune.

So I don´t expect this to get shared by active drivers, frankly, and especially not Brit ones. I only put this here for old times sake.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:24 pm 

I forgot to mention - because I have done this already and I normally don´t think about this at all: look, it´s entirely not an English/German thing, it has nothing to do with racism or nationalism, neither on my part, nor did I ever had the feeling they would do this to me just just because I am foreigner or especially a German (no one had any resentments about that, though I had talks about the war now and then, but it is long time now). Though of course a local guy in good terms with the HCO would not have had the same trouble, but this is another thing.

So don´t you be thinking this guy is letting it out on us, he came to England, already p.issed off, because of things that had happened to him and then he thinks, why, the English are a rather high-nosed lot, so I pick a fight, why don´t I.

If you think so you are wrong and if you keep thinking this I don´t care, it´s your problem, well, I had a lot of rage from the Englisch let out on me, not because I was German, but a cab-driver, all these guy yelling, pointing the finger and honking, "you think you own the road, mate", never did this happen to me in Germany or Zurich, in Zurich least of all, Swiss people ar still rather nice (in comparison) and have good manners.

Of course I preferred it to have happened in Germany, for it would make things easier and people might not be confused, but think of it as England´s privilege and curse at the same time, English as world language - as people would come to England, in the first place, because English is world language (I did so), moreover, people will tend to make things public more likely that happened in England, than in their home country, well, because then it´s, rightaway, a global thing, which can be shared globally.

So what happened, happened and couldn´t have happened any other way. (That´s a Matrix quote, btw., Morpheus said that)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:52 pm 

So this is the spoken version of that text and what I did was to sort of blend that "road movie" into the spoken text, so it is interlapping, at first, the rest, the whole bulk then is added after the spoken text. It´s quite nicely done, there is even one phrase of one of the songs I have dedicated to this girl, that I have recorded just yet. It won´t improve your daily incomes now, surely, but it should help to give the cab-trade a better name and in the long run anything like this will pay off. But,´nuff said. You share or talk about this or you don´t. That´s it from me for a while, you keep on driving (on the left side of the road). :D Hasta la vista, baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTrDgoHn6hA

Of course, after so much talk about my rabbits, here´s to Flopsy, Mopsy, Peter and Cotton-tail!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-bYDiwR2W8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:11 pm 

Of course, I completely forgot that I always wanted to tell the funny story of Newhaven customs and my four rabbits and what this has to do with my road-knowledge world-record! So here it is! Just done today, so I quickly add this here and no longer disturb you. But it really is a fun story and NH customs will get a link.

https://youtu.be/gdfR5KLteyI

And here is a nice picture of my six rabbits in 2001 (well, only four of them survived and made the trip to England and back)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18